Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2017, 11:00 PM
Pop

MOTD: Ian Wright has just compared Salah to Messi

Even Lineker told him he was a #@&%!

Unread 30-12-2017, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Well as it happens we play Stoke at home in a few weeks. Genuinely fascinated to see how our shit@#%&!s will even manage to make THEM look like world beaters, tbh

Unread 30-12-2017, 11:34 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Southampton player presented at Liverpool. What a f***ing bunch of shitc***s they are. Racist murderers too.

I can't help but think that the scousers needed of a leader in defence and that van Dijk will perfectly fit the bill to be honest.

We're so low on confidence and lacking on field leadership we could do with a similar boost - but who ?

Unread 30-12-2017, 11:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I can't help but think that the scousers needed of a leader in defence and that van Dijk will perfectly fit the bill to be honest.

We're so low on confidence and lacking on field leadership we could do with a similar boost - but who ?
Ok let ‘em. 75m, he’s not worth it. They’re losing their best player and signing a decent-ish centre back won’t equate.

Unread 30-12-2017, 11:54 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ok let ‘em. 75m, he’s not worth it. They’re losing their best player and signing a decent-ish centre back won’t equate.

I hope you're right, I hope he's a bloody disaster but in all honesty I think he's a cracking young defender, he seems to be really calm on the ball and has the kind of strong leadership qualities that we're crying out for at the moment.

Unread 31-12-2017, 12:20 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
I hope you're right, I hope he's a bloody disaster but in all honesty I think he's a cracking young defender, he seems to be really calm on the ball and has the kind of strong leadership qualities that we're crying out for at the moment.
According to the G nev commentary t'other week, Jones can't even boss Hererra to go to RB.

Keane would have grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and put him there, whilst swapping out Lukaku and Smalling and we'd have kept 2 potentially invaluable points.

Unread 31-12-2017, 10:48 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
According to the G nev commentary t'other week, Jones can't even boss Hererra to go to RB.

Keane would have grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and put him there, whilst swapping out Lukaku and Smalling and we'd have kept 2 potentially invaluable points.

Oh for a natural leader eh?

We're crying out for a Martin Buchan, a Bryan Robson or a Roy Keane.

Unread 31-12-2017, 11:00 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Oh for a natural leader eh?

We're crying out for a Martin Buchan, a Bryan Robson or a Roy Keane.

We used to have 5 or 6 in the team :-(

Schmeichel, Bruce, Robson, Ince, Cantona and Hughes would all have prevented those dropped 2 points if they had been on the pitch.

Unread 31-12-2017, 11:34 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath

We used to have 5 or 6 in the team :-(

Schmeichel, Bruce, Robson, Ince, Cantona and Hughes would all have prevented those dropped 2 points if they had been on the pitch.

I appreciate that great players come and go, and yes, I admit that we have been spoiled in the Premier League era. Similarly, I accept that we have no divine right to dominate. But, even accepting this (hopefully temporary) change in our fortunes, what I can't accept is that there isn't a single proper leader of men in our starting eleven and yesterday there wasn't. Not one of them.
Closed Thread