United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:08 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
Thank £#%&! United never get involved in dodgy transfers eh?

The Bebe Crossing Show - YouTube
I'll never, ever forgot watching that.

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:09 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I'll never, ever forgot watching that.
I'll never ever forget ducking from the ball:shakehead:

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the fact that people still only raise questions about the Bebe transfer and can never seem to back up their insinuations tells us that it's not as obviously corrupt as they like to make out. it's 3 years ago nearly now isn't it, and still just tittle-tattle
Fair point that there's apparently been no absolute evidence of wrongdoing uncovered so far but the Portuguese police saw fit to carry out an investigation into it last year all the same. I can't remember if they ever released the results of their enquiries. I'm not sure the implications of Fergie genuinely feeling he was worth £7m despite never having seen him play even on a DVD reflect much better on him tbh.

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Hmm, dunno about that. Why did he cost over £7m when he was available for £100k a couple of months before that and hadn't played a competitive game for his new club? Leaving aside the fact that Mendes owned 30% of his "economic rights".
It was a shit transfer, but wasn't dodgy, what exactly have United gained since the deal? how many of Mendes's players have we signed since the deal? if United were giving him a bung, then it's not paid off with any new players, has it?

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:38 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
It was a shit transfer, but wasn't dodgy, what exactly have United gained since the deal? how many of Mendes's players have we signed since the deal? if United were giving him a bung, then it's not paid off with any new players, has it?
No. United don't appear to have gotten any benefit from it at all. I obviously can't suggest anything libellous about anyone else benefitting either.
Closed Thread