United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-11-2017, 06:23 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Bunks is still wumming us all about "Memphis" FFS??
Mou was wrong about Salah and KDB wasn’t he....

Unread 26-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Billy Redface

Don't we have a buy back option on him?

Unread 26-11-2017, 06:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Mou was wrong about Salah and KDB wasn’t he....
Certainly the latter. Salah is having a purple patch but lets see if it lasts.

And everybody gets some players wrong - even Fergie. None of which alters the fact "Memphis" will never be good enough for United as long as I've got a hole in my arse.

Unread 26-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

And everybody gets some players wrong - even Fergie. None of which alters the fact "Memphis" will never be good enough for United as long as I've got a hole in my arse.
As long as I’ve got a hole in my......

Unread 26-11-2017, 06:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Now, there was a United player

Unread 26-11-2017, 07:29 PM
20 times

Quote:

Why are you putting Memphis in inverted commas? That’s his name

Unread 26-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Why are you putting Memphis in inverted commas? That’s his name
Probably because he's an awfully pretentious #@&%! who insists on being referred to by his first name.

Unread 26-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Probably because he's an awfully pretentious #@&%! who insists on being referred to by his first name.
Spot on Alan.

Unread 26-11-2017, 07:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Spot on Alan.

Unread 26-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Two player signed to United who went on to do absolutely nothing. Well except turn up dressed like a massive @#%&! and the other shafted the bosses daughter. The best thing to happen to them was getting bombed out of OT and back to absolute mediocrity. Instead of stinking up Old Trafford

To say Rashford and Martial are on a par with those clowns is laughable. You silly £#%&!ing @#%&!

Another keyboard hard bastard . Maybe a few here struggle with comprehension. Nowhere have I said I want to get rid of our 2 underperforming left wingers . I would however like a couple of alternatives who could also play on the right . The 2 mentioned are not the 1st choices but both are better than they played at Utd. Zara wasn’t given a chance & it just didn’t happen for Memphis

Derby day straightener? Trinity statue 16:15pm.

Unread 26-11-2017, 08:24 PM
AK14

Quote:
Spot on Alan.

Unread 26-11-2017, 08:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Spot on Alan.

Not sure why everyone is so vehemently against the possibility that a talented 23 year old footballer might not be finished. If it's clicked, then Ligue 1 is in trouble

Unread 26-11-2017, 09:14 PM
20 times

Quote:
Spot on Alan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Not sure why everyone is so vehemently against the possibility that a talented 23 year old footballer might not be finished. If it's clicked, then Ligue 1 is in trouble
Europe too siders

Unread 26-11-2017, 09:31 PM
Alan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Spot on Alan.
Cheers Mr.Zorg.

Unread 26-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Not sure what your point is . The discussion was about the upcoming game with City & the 2 preceding tough away games . To remain serious title contenders we have to win all 3
We’re not serious title contenders. Why would we be? We’re a work in progress.

Unread 26-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We’re not serious title contenders. Why would we be? We’re a work in progress.
Because currently we are 2nd & with a manager who has a history of winning titles even when he doesn't necessarily have the best squad. We are title contenders until we are out of it & currently we are not out of it . Every team is a work in progress, do you think City will stop building if they win the title?

Unread 27-11-2017, 12:22 AM
red in cumbria

And city have taken almost a decade of being basically a bottomless money pit to get where they are now.

Unread 27-11-2017, 12:26 AM
Kangared

Quote:
And city have taken almost a decade of being basically a bottomless money pit to get where they are now.
Didn't we field the most expensive Premier League team ever assembled recently? Money isn't the only factor in winning titles.

Unread 27-11-2017, 01:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Didn't we field the most expensive Premier League team ever assembled recently?
No.

The most expensive premier league team ever assembled was the starting 11 Manchester City played at home to Arsenal 3 weeks ago.

The 2nd most expensive starting 11 in the history of the premier league was Chelsea's team they put out against Man City in September.

Are you seeing a familiar pattern?

Unread 27-11-2017, 02:01 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No.

The most expensive premier league team ever assembled was the starting 11 Manchester City played at home to Arsenal 3 weeks ago.

The 2nd most expensive starting 11 in the history of the premier league was Chelsea's team they put out against Man City in September.

Are you seeing a familiar pattern?
Not really, last season we had the most expensive squad ever & where did that get us. Leicester won the league with a squad that cost less than Fellaini. Spurs have finished above us & City 2 seasons running with a fraction of the spend .Money helps, but its not everything, otherwise we might as well not play any games & just dish out trophies , awards & league placings out by net wealth