United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
it's a common slur in RI against our manager, and one that i have seen trop, amongst others, use on the RI sanctuary.

would just be interested in his thoughts on the question i asked.

have you any idea why people say that about our greatest ever manager ?

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I've not read any of this thread and have no idea what it's all about.

What I will say though, is that orange smarties no longer taste like oranges.
You will be hearing from my lawyers in the morning

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:41 PM
MUFC One Love

One thing I have noticed, FC fans are very defensive over the slightest comment about their club.

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
You will be hearing from my lawyers in the morning
£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:43 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I'm neither locking nor deleting this thread. More so since I've been asked, through a third party, to do so.
I suggested you do it on Sunday afternoon. Am I not alone? And the 666 posts suggestion was a joke.

Buzzin' ter £#%&!.

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
One thing I have noticed, FC fans are very defensive over the slightest comment about their club.
what are you implying?

only small time clubs go around chasing anyone who so much as says anything "debateable" about the club on small internet message boards..

fc united dont do that so move along...
nothing to see here.

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
That's not true. Nobody's had a go at me about my jokes earlier in this thread. It's when the same three or four clueless uber-reds make the same fountless accusations over and over again that people react. Even non-FC fans.

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:48 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
That's not true. Nobody's had a go at me about my jokes earlier in this thread. It's when the same three or four clueless uber-reds make the same fountless accusations over and over again that people react. Even non-FC fans.
That's your opinion fair enough. My opinion, though, is that FC fans over-react to any comments, I haven't involved myself in any discussion since when it all kicked off on RI about it, as I've forgotton about them, and at the time, as is now, when they're not mentioned for a bit something has to be mentioned so MUFC supports say something so they can throw back the "Obsessed!" tag.

Unread 07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
That's your opinion fair enough. My opinion, though, is that FC fans over-react to any comments, I haven't involved myself in any discussion since when it all kicked off on RI about it, as I've forgotton about them, and at the time, as is now, when they're not mentioned for a bit something has to be mentioned so MUFC supports say something so they can throw back the "Obsessed!" tag.
[SIZE="7"]OBSESSED!!

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:12 PM
hipple

Quote:
slightest comment about the club? not a problem

what has been said in this thread by waynes and pure. a bit different i think you'll find.

i didn't suggest or imply that anyone was going to take legal action. i'd be amazed if they did, just a friendly warning to mods in case someone who is libled in this thread had requested it to be removed.

and as for fergie threatening to sue Fred Tissue, i could tell you a story about that. but i won't.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:13 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipple

what has been said in this thread by waynes and pure. a bit different i think you'll find.

i didn't suggest or imply that anyone was going to take legal action. i'd be amazed if they did, just a friendly warning to mods in case someone who is libled in this thread had requested it to be removed.

and as for fergie threatening to sue Fred Tissue, i could tell you a story about that. but i won't.
I completely agree, I didn't mean them comments, I just meant little comments in general, not the main thing on this thread I have no interest in that story.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:13 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
[SIZE="7"]OBSESSED!!

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:17 PM
hipple

Quote:
I completely agree, I didn't mean them comments, I just meant little comments in general, not the main thing on this thread I have no interest in that story.
fair enough, some do seem to have had a complete sense of humour bypass since the takeover.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:29 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipple

hipple ..my comments have been a joke from the start ..

for the record i have no axe to grind with fc utd at all ... people for some reason cant have a joke about it thats there choice .. ive not said anything scandalous about anyone on this thread .ive been having a laugh with most of the people on this thread about it .. if its offended people then im sorry for any offence .

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:37 AM
vanthewoman

Quote:
well if nothing else has managed to get us out of the woodwork, then this comment will. well done

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:43 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
for the record i have no axe to grind with fc utd at all ... people for some reason cant have a joke about it thats there choice .. ive not said anything scandalous about anyone on this thread .ive been having a laugh with most of the people on this thread about it .. if its offended people then im sorry for any offence .
Nobody is saying you have, apart from the odd few who seem to always resort to the 'legal action' threat...

Remember, Libel can only be brought about if the person who raises the suit can prove that what you have sad is false

I wonder why no suits are ever drawn

Unread 08-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Anyway fair play to Sam Ashton - coming on with a copy of the SUN IS funny regardless of the fact that it seems to have flown over a few heads here. The lads a red - only a red would do something like that

Unread 08-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Anyway fair play to Sam Ashton - coming on with a copy of the SUN IS funny regardless of the fact that it seems to have flown over a few heads here. The lads a red - only a red would do something like that
He's a £#%&!y Wanderers fan, Lou.

Unread 08-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Have you read the thread,it was established he was a Bolton fan.

And its not funny bringing the Sun out in my opinion.I take The Sun to work everyday,nowt funny bout that.

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Have you read the thread,it was established he was a Bolton.
Not read the whole thing, no, far to much shite on here for that.

Anyway, even if he is a bolton fan, it's still funny to me. Guess i just enjoy taking the piss out of scousers more than fell reds, odd, i know, but there you go...
Closed Thread