United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2017, 09:39 PM
Sparky***

They haven't got the foggiest clue how to exert any pressure on the opposition at all. I don't think i've seen a team in the league in some time that was so utterly devoid of any attacking threat.

Unread 17-04-2017, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They haven't got the foggiest clue how to exert any pressure on the opposition at all. I don't think i've seen a team in the league in some time that was so utterly devoid of any attacking threat.
And you watch us every week

Unread 18-04-2017, 08:48 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Boro, meanwhile... etc.

Unread 18-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Denis Irwell

Watched the Chavs game on Bein with Phil and Andy Townsend doing analysis. If any proof was needed about BBC and Sky Abu agenda it couldn't be clearer. Townsend was almost glowing in his comments as was Phil and we've all heard Townsend snide commentary in the past. Like night and day. Same on espn.

Unread 18-04-2017, 06:21 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Watched the Chavs game on Bein with Phil and Andy Townsend doing analysis. If any proof was needed about BBC and Sky Abu agenda it couldn't be clearer. Townsend was almost glowing in his comments as was Phil and we've all heard Townsend snide commentary in the past. Like night and day. Same on espn.
watched the moscow pens the other night....the dead silence when terry missed from martin tyler was odd as £#%&!.

Unread 18-04-2017, 11:48 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
It struck me that it wasn't so much commentator bias but institutional bias. Townsend always struck me as one of the worst, yet against his old club the other day he was like a different person. Some of this stuff is too consistent for it not to be policy and furthermore, it influences refs and the FA. Fellaini at Everton would put it about and be admired for it - now he can't so much as breath without being criticised by commentary and punished by refs. Herrera's farcical two bookings and sending off for barely touching Hazard yet Costa could've had six yellow cards the other day. Fellaini was booked for being fouled. Andre Marriner practically admitted as much (tv bias) when questioned about a decision in not sending off a player against United when he replied "I didn't want to be star of the show on motd"

How Costa gets away with this stuff on tv and with refs every week is just weird.
They're selling a product at the end of the day.

If they think that holding a particular viewpoint or angle will appeal to a larger slice of their demographic then that's the one they'll go for.

Unread 19-04-2017, 02:20 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
They're selling a product at the end of the day.

If they think that holding a particular viewpoint or angle will appeal to a larger slice of their demographic then that's the one they'll go for.
spose

But surely there's a narrative to be had with Costas behaviour and Hazards diving to name but two. Ashley Young dived twice to win free kicks? and got crucified yet this cheating little £#%&!er, Hazard..... those yellows that Herrera got were £#%&!ing farcical.

It's not new but going back to my orig point, BBC and Sky are the culprits here and seem to have an agenda that doesn't exist with bein or espn (oz and the US) for instance. .... even with the same personalities like Townsend etc and £#%&!ing red Nev is as bad as anyone. Dick.

Unread 19-04-2017, 03:18 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Neville is suchhh a dick. Banging on about not sacking Wenger. If it was up to him we'd still have Moyes in charge.

Ty just walked pass in slow mo before the break giving the thumbs up
He doesn't seem to realise that him not liking seeing managers get the sack is not actually a legitimate reason to keep someone on. He's been drinking his own kool aid it seems.
Closed Thread