United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
No mate. Arsenal 2004 side was better because of a single stat.

Doesn't matter that they lost 4 matches that seasons compared to United losing 3 in 1999.
We lost 4 that season.

Unread 05-02-2018, 06:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
League Cup
He's counted that. William of the rouge features had not.

Arse lost to Inter Milan and Chelsea in Europe, us in the Cup, Middlesbrough in the League Cup. So, four losses each - or if we're counting charidees, five: we beat them in 2003, they beat us in 1998.

Unread 05-02-2018, 08:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Probably only the one when they beat Barcelona (2-1?)
Did't even remember that

It's not like you remember heroic or memorable defeats either, like Iniesta beating Chelsea with the last kick or United's 3-4 with Real Madrid. Arsenal have just consistently been dispatched easily and with little fuss. They've added £#%&! all to the competition.

Unread 05-02-2018, 09:04 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Did't even remember that

It's not like you remember heroic or memorable defeats either, like Iniesta beating Chelsea with the last kick or United's 3-4 with Real Madrid. Arsenal have just consistently been dispatched easily and with little fuss. They've added f*** all to the competition.
They did almost make a comeback against Milan. 4-0 down in the first leg they got it to 3-0 and then RvP did this....

Seem to recall he fluffed a big chance at the Bernabeu for us when he tried to be too clever.

Unread 05-02-2018, 09:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
They did almost make a comeback against Milan. 4-0 down in the first leg they got it to 3-0 and then RvP did this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiVyHWWqvDw

Seem to recall he fluffed a big chance at the Bernabeu for us when he tried to be too clever.
RvP did a bit of an Arsenal at that stage of the season. Dipped off in February and March when the CL came back.

Unread 05-02-2018, 09:26 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
RvP did a bit of an Arsenal at that stage of the season. Dipped off in February and March when the CL came back.
Remember being in a boozer in Stockport for the 2nd leg of Arse v Barca in 2011, reds cheering when Van Persie missed a sitter that would have effectively knocked them out, me in full Sparky mode saying Barca will be our biggest threats that year and we should want them out asap

Unread 05-02-2018, 10:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Remember being in a boozer in Stockport for the 2nd leg of Arse v Barca in 2011, reds cheering when Van Persie missed a sitter that would have effectively knocked them out, me in full Sparky mode saying Barca will be our biggest threats that year and we should want them out asap
Yeah, we all laughed when Iniesta knocked Chelsea out in 2009 too. Again, probably not in our best interests.

Unread 05-02-2018, 10:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yeah, we all laughed when Iniesta knocked Chelsea out in 2009 too. Again, probably not in our best interests.
Was annoyed at Abidal getting sent off, we could've got a bit of joy out of him.

All academic now.

Unread 05-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
I've never gone into a game as ignorant or as confident

Unread 05-02-2018, 11:17 PM
sa7

Quote:
Yes, my laughter that night often comes back to haunt me

Unread 05-02-2018, 11:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Yes, my laughter that night often comes back to haunt me

Great night.

In a parallel universe United won back to back Champions League titles beating Chelsea in both finals

Unread 05-02-2018, 11:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He's counted that. William of the rouge features had not.

Arse lost to Inter Milan and Chelsea in Europe, us in the Cup, Middlesbrough in the League Cup. So, four losses each - or if we're counting charidees, five: we beat them in 2003, they beat us in 1998.
Boro beat them twice (two legged semi) so five it is.

Unread 11-02-2018, 12:55 AM
Cream

https://www.theguardian.com/football...manager-claims

Subbies, as I believe they're known, at Pep and Baldylocks.

Quote:
The new, non-abrasive United manager is even resisting the temptation to call for more protection from referees for his new signing. “Maybe his manager should cry a little more in situations like that but Alexis is a tough boy, he can cope with that sort of welcome,” Mourinho said.

“I think to an extent he is bound to be targeted by defenders because he is a talented player and an obvious danger to opponents. Defenders are not going to let the most skilful players play with freedom, that’s the nature of the game. But I don’t like using the word ‘protect’ because it sounds like I am only concerned about the top players. On the pitch every player is the same and it is the referee’s job to protect them equally.”
Quote:
“I am fully committed to win the award this season of the best behaved manager on the touchline,” Mourinho said before Sunday’s visit to Newcastle United, where he has yet to record a Premier League win with either Chelsea or his present club. “I am serious. There are so many awards nowadays, they should give one to the guy that behaves best on the touchline.

Unread 11-02-2018, 03:06 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

“I am fully committed to win the award this season of the best behaved manager on the touchline,
I am serious. There are so many awards nowadays, they should give one to the guy that behaves best on the touchline.

Outstanding wummery from the boss

Unread 11-02-2018, 06:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Was annoyed at Abidal getting sent off, we could've got a bit of joy out of him.

All academic now.
He was replaced with Sylvinho ffs

Unread 11-02-2018, 10:07 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Unread 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
“I am fully committed to win the award this season of the best behaved manager on the touchline,
I am serious. There are so many awards nowadays, they should give one to the guy that behaves best on the touchline.

Outstanding wummery from the boss
Yeah, our cup truly runneth over at present
Closed Thread