United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Has ETH improved the squad?
No got worse 9 25.00%
About the same 8 22.22%
Yeah grudgingly a bit 9 25.00%
Much improved 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:29 AM
redhegemony

Default Has ETH improved the squad

If he goes at the end of the year is he leaving us with a better squad than he inherited?
We have lost a lot of the problems and the players coming in seem to have much better attributes to become proper United players.

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:36 AM
Coracao

Maybe a better poll would be:

How well has the £410m during Ten Hag's tenure been spent?

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:36 AM
Stickman

I’d argue it’s about the same as it was through the emergence of Garnacho and Mainoo on top of the Hojlund signing.

It’s definitely debatable though which obviously isn’t great optics after nearly 2 seasons and 350-400M of transfers plus some loans. His eye for a player doesn’t inspire confidence.

Amrabat just for a more recent ffs

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:38 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
I’d argue it’s about the same as it was through the emergence of Garnacho and Mainoo on top of the Hojlund signing.

It’s definitely debatable though which obviously isn’t great optics after nearly 2 seasons and 350-400M of transfers plus some loans. His eye for a player doesn’t inspire confidence.

Amrabat just for a more recent ffs

Loans and Evans just reek of desperation to fill gaps. I'd say not signing them is good judgement

Unread 01-04-2024, 10:12 AM
jem

it is a bit better, if thin. and some players seem to have a bit more respect on here, too (dalot, for example).

we could be playing better with worse players, though. we needed left back cover, but reguilon was allowed to leave. we have midfield cover, but 10h won't play a midfield. rashford is acting like a @#%&!, but still gets picked. it's not simply about the squad (even if this poll is).

Unread 01-04-2024, 10:15 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
it is a bit better, if thin. and some players seem to have a bit more respect on here, too (dalot, for example).

we could be playing better with worse players, though. we needed left back cover, but reguilon was allowed to leave. we have midfield cover, but 10h won't play a midfield. rashford is acting like a @#%&!, but still gets picked. it's not simply about the squad (even if this poll is).
Every shit team we play, has £#%&!ers no one’s ever heard of who seem far more disciplined and technically advanced than out lot of multi millionaires.

Unread 01-04-2024, 10:19 AM
NedKelly

People forget the state of the squad when he took over. It’s come on light years, though unfortunately there’s still work to be done there.

There’s a reason we went from losing 4-0 to Brentford, to holding them to a draw. Progress.

Unread 01-04-2024, 10:56 AM
magic_cantona

He's improved it with Martinez and Hojlund but I'd love to know who sanctioned the spends on Mount and Antony.

And I'd love to know who's idea it was to give Reguilon back when all we had at LB was a chronically injured Luke Shaw.

We've got 4 huge improvements from when he took over - Martinez, Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho and 2 of them are from the academy.

Unread 01-04-2024, 01:53 PM
The taste of...

He had Regullion under arrest did he?

Unread 01-04-2024, 02:17 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
People forget the state of the squad when he took over. It’s come on light years, though unfortunately there’s still work to be done there.

There’s a reason we went from losing 4-0 to Brentford, to holding them to a draw. Progress.

The journey of a thousand light years begins with a single (multiple) woeful performane at relegation fodder

Unread 01-04-2024, 02:39 PM
Finport Red

He has improved Shaw, AWB, The Scottish Player and Dalot

He has brought through Mainoo and Garnacho
Of his purchases, Martinez and Hojlund have been good, while the jury is still out on Onana and Mount. And I know it’s the in thing to continually have a go at Antony, but he did well in his first season, started ok this before falling away because of the whole punching women thing, but has at least got numerous goals and assists this calendar year. I still think there’s a player in there.

It isn’t his fault that both Sancho and rashford are such immature tits, and at least he has tried to sort that issue out, if only in part. He also has cottoned on to what a waste of space martial is, so that’s good too.

Casemiro and Eriksen were good short term signings, and both have their moments, but neither should be here next year. We know the former wasn’t the manager’s first choice, and that we wouldn’t have got the latter has he not been free.

He has definitely improved the squad.

Unread 01-04-2024, 02:48 PM
Coracao

I reckon 99% on here could improve the squad if we gave them 400m.

Not sure I'd let Bunks spend it tho, tbf.

Unread 01-04-2024, 03:07 PM
poppy

Sack the @#%&!.

Unread 01-04-2024, 03:44 PM
ScarFace

nothing but blah. just another forgettable dross manager.

Unread 01-04-2024, 04:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Got rid of £#%&!ers
Promoted youth
Bought well

Improved

Unread 01-04-2024, 04:53 PM
Chris Quayd

It was shit then and it's shit now

Unread 01-04-2024, 05:27 PM
big chief

Problem is that all mangers since SAF have brought in players for positions, but not been able to build a team. No continuity.

Unread 03-04-2024, 05:09 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
He has improved Shaw, AWB, The Scottish Player and Dalot

He has brought through Mainoo and Garnacho
Of his purchases, Martinez and Hojlund have been good, while the jury is still out on Onana and Mount. And I know it’s the in thing to continually have a go at Antony, but he did well in his first season, started ok this before falling away because of the whole punching women thing, but has at least got numerous goals and assists this calendar year. I still think there’s a player in there.

It isn’t his fault that both Sancho and rashford are such immature tits, and at least he has tried to sort that issue out, if only in part. He also has cottoned on to what a waste of space martial is, so that’s good too.

Casemiro and Eriksen were good short term signings, and both have their moments, but neither should be here next year. We know the former wasn’t the manager’s first choice, and that we wouldn’t have got the latter has he not been free.

He has definitely improved the squad.

Unread 03-04-2024, 05:17 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
For all his other deficiencies, he’s scored 8 goals this season. In the world of facts, that counts as improvement.