United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:43 PM
saffers

Looks like its happening

http://www.football-oranje.com/knvb-...s-on-van-gaal/

I wiill be in the stadium for his first game back with the Dutchies. Hope Donny will be there as well.

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:47 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Looks like its happening

http://www.football-oranje.com/knvb-...s-on-van-gaal/

I wiill be in the stadium for his first game back with the Dutchies. Hope Donny will be there as well.
King Louis.

Already hammering the players.

Quote:
The former Manchester United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Ajax boss is said to be open to the position but he did criticise the players last week. He said, “Look at the European Championship men. Then you see that a glorified bunch of stars can’t do it.”

Unread 08-07-2021, 03:51 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
King Louis.

Already hammering the players.
Here is a clip of him saying it. Made the dutch womens team feel like queens

Full quote

The 69-year-old said, “Look at the European Championship. Then you see that a glorified bunch of stars can’t do it. I always saw under Sarina that there was a team. That goes through fire for each other. So make sure you go to the Olympics as a team to get gold there. Good luck!”

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:56 AM
Ethers

What a photo. What a man.

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:59 AM
Drexl

looks like he is uppercutting both our old players for us

Unread 17-11-2021, 12:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Proud of the lads....

Unread 17-11-2021, 12:45 PM
puressence

Quote:
Favourite utd manager .. love him

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:16 PM
armchair

I think he would've turned it around if we had just given him more time. Can't argue that the football wasn't painful but that was part of the pain of evolution imo.

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:23 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Yep. Always got to go through the pain barrier to get to the other side.

Would have been the start of a new United imprint to give us that consistency and success for years to come, regardless of the coach.

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:23 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:40 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think he would've turned it around if we had just given him more time. Can't argue that the football wasn't painful but that was part of the pain of evolution imo.
This.

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:47 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Wasn't he planning to leave the following year? Could we afford to wait and hope Giggs could follow on?

I agree it would have been good to see where it went but it was very, very painful.

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
agreed. it was a dark day when he was sacked. he should still be here

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:49 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You are suggesting its........a former user whose name started with a point of the compass?
I’ve gone through all the cardinal points and have now started with the inter-cardinals.

None the wiser.

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:50 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Given the choice to go back in time knowing what I know now I'd be begging for him to get a new contract instead of being sacked.

Some of the signings made under him were suspect as £#%&!, but considering the business that's been done since it's probably not fair to put the recruitment at his door.

Unread 17-11-2021, 01:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
100%

We really were suffering from personnel then. We looked very well coached under him for the most part - the players we had just weren’t good enough to do what was required. I’d love to see what he could do with the squad we have now - would be immense.

Did make some bad signings tbf. Though I think when you look back at a lot of the names, you remember how delighted we were to have signed them at the time. Schweinsteiger on paper was exactly what we needed, but then he turned up and was more interested in the tennis.

Unread 17-11-2021, 02:07 PM
tatty

LvG was too clever for the bird brains we had in our squad then.

When you’ve got professionals shouting beans and squealing like a child then it’s going to be a challenge to coach them in tactics beyond kick and run.

Unread 17-11-2021, 07:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I’ve gone through all the cardinal points and have now started with the inter-cardinals.

None the wiser.
S/Side Red, pol. S standing for "South".

Now, don't make me break my beauty sleep again

Unread 17-11-2021, 07:51 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
S/Side Red, pol. S standing for "South".

Now, don't make me break my beauty sleep again
sleep well pal. Snore like a mf

Unread 17-11-2021, 08:37 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Easily the best of the post fudgie years.

Yes the football was a slog at times to watch but you wouldn't walk up to a half painted Rembrandt and give him stick about the white bits around the edges.

And he wouldn't have lost 0-5 at home to Liverpool and then £#%&!ed off on a jolly for a week.
Closed Thread