United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2006, 12:49 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

He doesn't inspire confidence, for me. Until he shows a little variation and scores a couple more - I'll be pretty nervous when he's stepping up.
exactly.
i was thinking he would use this penalty to show he has variation but he took the same penalty in the exact same spot...

times like this we need penaltys to be bankers like ballacks or even ronaldos....

89th after being 1-0 down against benfica knowing a draw takes us...
would any of you feel confident as saha steps up with his foot already shapped to where he will put the penalty...

its interesting rooney said on saturday that they are all practising penaties in training.

Unread 04-12-2006, 12:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
exactly.
i was thinking he would use this penalty to show he has variation but he took the same penalty in the exact same spot...

times like this we need penaltys to be bankers like ballacks or even ronaldos....

would any of you feel confident as saha steps up with his foot already shapped to where he will put the penalty...

its interesting rooney said on saturday that they are all practising penaties in training.
Thought it was just Rooney, Saha, and Ronnie having a comp between themselves. Fergie said it was a credit to saha that he wanted to take one after his miss and a credit to Rooney and Saha that they didn't argue.

I do wish he'd vary them though.

Unread 04-12-2006, 12:53 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Quote:
yeah SAF said "cristiano louis and wayne have been practicing, he leaves it to gary to decide - louis wanted it so he took it..."

the players have an understanding - i think if louis doesn't fancy one it'll be put to ronnie or wayne...

good that they're all practicing anyway!

Unread 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Father Christmas

As has been said SAF won't take the job off Saha in case it damages his confidence. Ronaldo has taken a couple of good ones in shootouts - but I've never seen him take one during 90 minutes. I would keep Saha as the regular taker but to be honest if it comes to a spot kick at 0-0 in the 90th minute of a game we have to win I'd rather see Ronaldo take it.

Unread 04-12-2006, 12:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
would any of you feel confident as saha steps up with his foot already shapped to where he will put the penalty....
No I wouldn't. In that situation - there are few players I would feel confident in. One of which is Ronaldo, though, which is why he should take them.

Unread 04-12-2006, 01:00 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
As has been said SAF won't take the job off Saha in case it damages his confidence. Ronaldo has taken a couple of good ones in shootouts - but I've never seen him take one during 90 minutes. I would keep Saha as the regular taker but to be honest if it comes to a spot kick at 0-0 in the 90th minute of a game we have to win I'd rather see Ronaldo take it.
ronaldo has taken two in normal time. one in the world cup against iran and another one in the carling cup just after george best passed away.

i can see a saha miss coming imo....

what will "shatter" his confidence more missing another one or being taken off them now...

the way he shapes his body there is only one place he can put them...
that makes a keepers job about 50% easier.

Unread 04-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Rossi the Red

Saha scored 10 penalties with his left and 10 penalties with his right foot at Fulham.

Nft.

Unread 04-12-2006, 01:19 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Saha scored 10 penalties with his left and 10 penalties with his right foot at Fulham.

Nft.
i dont believe that at all...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players...d=8892&cc=5739

Unread 04-12-2006, 01:23 PM
silv

I reckon Ronnie will take the next few, just that Saha needed to take that one to prove a point..

Unread 04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Paul Salford

Vidic should take them with his head

Unread 04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
one at elland rd the other at blackburn ..fact
Just to be pedantic you can add the friendly against rangers.The one he chipped onto the bar.

Waits for someone to outpedant me and tell me it wasn't rangers

Unread 04-12-2006, 02:26 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Just to be pedantic you can add the friendly against rangers.The one he chipped onto the bar.

It was Rangers. But that doesn't count.

Unread 04-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Rhodzy

vidic used to take pens for his previous club

http://www.nemanjavidic.com/modules/...p?storytopic=2

Unread 04-12-2006, 02:32 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
vidic used to take pens for his previous club

http://www.nemanjavidic.com/modules/...p?storytopic=2
haha quality pen! looks like it was a penalty shootout...

Penalty kick for win in match of EFES cup against Galatasaraj-1:1 (5:4) 10-01-05

Unread 04-12-2006, 03:11 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

it was rangers just b4 he was sent off

Unread 04-12-2006, 07:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

let Ronaldo take them

although if we are 3-0 up against the Divs on saturday and we get a penalty Carrick should take it...he's never gonna score otherwise

Unread 04-12-2006, 07:45 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

we get a penalty Carrick should take it...he's never gonna score otherwise

Unread 04-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Serenity Now

Saha's penalty technique definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I hope they're working on it hard in training, otherwise we're £#%&!ed

Unread 04-12-2006, 08:01 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Saha's penalty technique definitely leaves a lot to be desired. I hope they're working on it hard in training, otherwise we're £#%&!ed
exactly

Unread 04-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
i expected him to show some variation with this penalty but he still hasnt learnt.

any keeper now will save a saha penalty as he puts it in the exact same place
But now it is a complete game of bluff and double bluff. Keepers now know where he goes and Saha now knows that they know, and keepers know that he knows that they know and so on
Closed Thread