United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Promote from within please.

Happy to see one or two unpolished diamonds arriving a la Vidic, but £#%&! Fabregas - seems like a puff to me, anyway, apart from the odd leg-break tackle now and again. Cahill wouldn't be a bad squad player right now, but he's not in Scholes' class or anything like it. Scholes has had a good rest, so hopefully we've got two more top quality seasons from him, albeit winding down the season after next most probably.

How good is this Gibson lad then? Heard rave reports on him, and on Frazier Campbell. Hpoing for them both to come into the squad along with Rossi and Johnny Evans meself. Any other contenders from within I've missed people? Dong is an interesting one as well.

Unread 06-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Serenity Now

Diego looked a cracking player at Santos and has been absolutely superb for Bremen, didn't exactly set the world on fire at Porto though. I'd be delighted if we signed him, but he would probably cost a fortune now.

Not convinced by Sneijder. He can be excellent at times, but he's very inconsistent and has a terrible attitude.

I would of had Fernando Gago from Boca, different player to Scholes but the lad looks like he could be something special. Shame he's off to Madrid.

Unread 06-12-2006, 12:25 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Diego looked a cracking player at Santos and has been absolutely superb for Bremen, didn't exactly set the world on fire at Porto though. I'd be delighted if we signed him, but he would probably cost a fortune now.

Not convinced by Sneijder. He can be excellent at times, but he's very inconsistent and has a terrible attitude.

I would of had Fernando Gago from Boca, different player to Scholes but the lad looks like he could be something special. Shame he's off to Madrid.
Seen much of the fella, Belluschi, at River?

He was magnificent against Boca on the only occasion I watched him.

Got Inter and Real Madrid on his trail, apparently. Only 23.

Unread 06-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Fuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

and
I just think he's lost his cutting edge and isn't the dangerman that he used to be.

Unread 06-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Tropical

Unread 06-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Seen much of the fella, Belluschi, at River?

He was magnificent against Boca on the only occasion I watched him.

Got Inter and Real Madrid on his trail, apparently. Only 23.
Yeah, he was superb against Boca. He's got the talent, but I'm not sure if he'd be tough enough for England. He's also a bit lazy.

Also, apparently some anonymous business group, ala MSI, owns a large stake in Belluschi and Higuain. Supposedly all linked to Pini Zahavi. Very dodgy.

Great hair too

Unread 06-12-2006, 12:49 AM
shadowplay

We'll never again get someone as good as him

Unread 06-12-2006, 01:00 AM
puressence

Quote:

Do you not rate Scholes, or something?
paul scholes is the best player utd have produced since george best

Unread 06-12-2006, 01:02 AM
shadowplay

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
and like Besty,we'll never see scholes like again

Unread 06-12-2006, 01:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
So what are you doing putting Tim £#%&!ing Cahill in the same bracket as him, then?

Unread 06-12-2006, 02:02 AM
Serenity Now

On reflection, "lazy" is probably the wrong word for Belluschi. At times he is a bit lazy defensively, but what I meant is that he can drift in and out of games and sometimes looks anonymous. Having said that, he's definitely stepped up his game since he joined River and he's been more consistent than he was at NOB (where his talent was already obvious).

To go into a bit more detail. He's a right sided midfielder who can play in the hole behind the strikers or even on the left. He's good with the ball at his feet, he's quick and he's got decent stamina. He's renowned for his ability to score goals from outside the box, he has excellent vision and he's a good passer of the ball. At Newell's he tended to be quite selfish, but that side of his game has improved over the past year or so.

Overall he's the real bright spot for River and certainly one of the outstanding prospects in the Argentine league.

Unread 06-12-2006, 03:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Cheers for that. I must say when watching him the thing that struck me most was his passing and vision. Liked the hair immediately, too.

Agree about Gago, I've seen a fair bit more of him. Could well be the best in the business in two or three years.

Seems like Argentina are building one hell of a side for the future. A spine of Gonzalo Rodriguez (injuries permitting), Mascherano (escape from MSI permitting), Gago, Messi, Aguero and Higuian. Sounds promising.

Unread 06-12-2006, 03:13 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Cheers for that. I must say when watching him the thing that struck me most was his passing and vision. Liked the hair immediately, too.

Agree about Gago, I've seen a fair bit more of him. Could well be the best in the business in two or three years.

Seems like Argentina are building one hell of a side for the future. A spine of Gonzalo Rodriguez (injuries permitting), Mascherano (escape from MSI permitting), Gago, Messi, Aguero and Higuian. Sounds promising.
If he decides to play for Argentina. He's still eligible for France. Although it appears, by his refusal of a callup from Domenech recently, that he's leaning towards Argentina.

Unread 06-12-2006, 03:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
If he decides to play for Argentina. He's still eligible for France. Although it appears, by his refusal of a callup from Domenech recently, that he's leaning towards Argentina.
True. I think he was only born in France, and on account of his dad playing over there. Lived in Argentina for virtually his whole life, I believe. So I'd be surprised if France was anything more than a backup at this point.

To be honest, I've seen little of him. Only against Boca and then in a recent match and that's about it.

Argentina look, as ever, well-stocked for the future, though.
Closed Thread