United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Pop

Pancake's Villa lost again today. He was booed to hell...

'I was aware of all of the shouting that came from behind the bench but I don't think they were all directed at me from a personal point of view.'

Unread 17-10-2022, 04:08 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
https://twitter.com/TimBolton01/stat...V3XETZE1g&s=19

Shame this lad didn't see the win being done with football and all.
A fair amount of truth in that tbf, albeit heavily laced with a total lack of self awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Outstanding

Unread 17-10-2022, 07:28 AM
redhegemony

We should get better as the manager gets the team better organised and doing what he wants. Top 4 is there if we sort ourselves out.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:17 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We should get better as the manager gets the team better organised and doing what he wants. Top 4 is there if we sort ourselves out.
Tbf I think we do look well organised and we seem to be doing what he wants. The problem in the last two games is we’ve struggled to put chances away, which with the options we have you can’t see getting that much better as the season goes on.

ETH needs to be flipping tables in meetings and demanding we sign a striker in January.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:20 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf I think we do look well organised and we seem to be doing what he wants. The problem in the last two games is we’ve struggled to put chances away, which with the options we have you can’t see getting that much better as the season goes on.

ETH needs to be flipping tables in meetings and demanding we sign a striker in January.
Even if we go back for Gakkers.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:24 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Missing chances isn’t really something you can account for and isn’t something guaranteed to continue. At least with the current options. This lot will always miss chances, but they can also create a lot if coached well. Which I think we’re well on the way to being.

If Marcus Rashford has that chance every game, then he gets us 20 goals a season. He and most players will score it more often than not. The hard part is being patient enough to create it against teams that sit back. That’s always been an issue for us. It’s an issue for most sides. What’s pleased me this week is how we’ve gone about it. We’ve kept patient on the ball and always believed we’d create openings. Thursday it paid off, yesterday it didn’t, but I’m pleased we’re getting to that point. Last season, both those games would have fizzled out and we’d have got worse at it went on.

Since the city game, I’ve been really encouraged by how we’ve responded in each game. We came from behind in Europe and at Everton. We kept going on Thursday, we kept going yesterday. All different types of teams and scenarios and we kept at it, never straying from what we wanted to do.

That’s progress to me. The rest is just the long standing issues we know are apparent with this squad. We knew it would take multiple windows to sort and would bite us in the arse at a few points this season. Yesterday was one of them.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:26 AM
dunk

We’ve been missing gilt edged chances for quite some time tbf.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:32 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We’ve been missing gilt edged chances for quite some time tbf.
Yep. It’s the nature of our forwards. Especially when you factor in Ronaldo’s decline.

Just gotta keep creating them. It’s a numbers game. Look at Liverpool yesterday. Salah missed an absolute sitter and Nunez’s decision making made Rashford look like a genius. They just got the one that mattered, so nobody was arsed. They’d be more concerned if they created nothing. Like City.

I just keep thinking to last season where we would just plod through games and hope to create chances. We’re not doing that now. We’re just £#%&!ing it up when we do

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:43 AM
Coracao

We are still a side who struggle hugely to create chances.

We are pretty much peforming in-line with those XG stats that the hipsters love to throw around. 13 goals from 9 games. One of the worst in the top half of the table.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We are still a side who struggle hugely to create chances.

We are pretty much peforming in-line with those XG stats that the hipsters love to throw around. 13 goals from 9 games. One of the worst in the top half of the table.
Chances are different from goals,

34 against ohnana (what's my name)
15 against Newcastle...

Converting is out problem, not creating, also think its blown out of proportion a little on here...

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:47 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

15 against Newcastle...

Converting is out problem, not creating, also think its blown out of proportion a little on here...
15 chances against Newcastle?

Ok mate.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

15 against Newcastle...

Definitely. Always compounded by not winning the game.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Question

Quote:
15 chances against Newcastle?

Ok mate.
That's the stats from the Game on BBC sport pal

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:51 AM
Coracao

Quote:
That's the stats from the Game on BBC sport pal
What you probably should have said is:

Chances are different than shots.

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
What you probably should have said is:

Chances are different than shots.
Converting is different than attempting....

We don't have a problem creating though....

Unread 17-10-2022, 10:55 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Converting is different than attempting....

We don't have a problem creating though....
We do, sadly.

Unread 17-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Zorg

Closed Thread