Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2018, 09:46 AM
denis lawless

Default which was worse ?

the Sexton era v Moyes/LvG era ?

for me, the latter....

Unread 07-03-2018, 09:51 AM
waynes ear's

Sexton era deffo. Remember cheering loudly when he was sacked!

Unread 07-03-2018, 09:53 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Can’t really remember the Sexton era, how old are you?

Unread 07-03-2018, 09:53 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

for me, the latter....
Dave Sexton period prices were less than a quid in too

Unread 07-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Sexton, because of the older reds it produced that don’t stop harping on about it.....

Unread 07-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Ethers

Not sure why you’re rolling up the Moyes and LVG era’s together, as they were very different.

Shit poll.

Unread 07-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Time For Heroes

Moyes/LVG as I was used to better. I was only about 10 when Sexton took over so I didn't really know any different, plus football wasn't on telly much so I was excited by any game that I went to at that age.

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:00 AM
sub three hours

The only good thing that I can remember coming out of the Sexton era was Gary Bailey.

When forced to consider the Sexton era i immediately think of Gary Birtles

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:05 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
was this our first meet?

Coming next...

What's your favourite colour?

Red
Black/yellow

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:09 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
The only good thing that I can remember coming out of the Sexton era was Gary Bailey.

Mixed bag for me
Good Joe Jordan and big Gordon
Meh The Crab

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:12 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Mixed bag for me
Good Joe Jordan and big Gordon
Meh The Crab
Did Big Gordon arrive in the Doc era? All a bit before "my" time.

Also didn't you all jib then you absolute top reds?

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:14 AM
puressence

Ferguson era 86 to 89 worse football ive ever seen

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Sandman

Not old enough to remember the Sexton era, although I remember seeing a quote from him, along the lines of "it's been made abundantly clear to me that's it's not enough for Manchester United to merely win, they have to do it in style", makes you think.

Mentioning LVG in the same breath of Moyes is shameful. As dissappointing as it got with van Gaal at times, there was still moments when you could see what he was trying to implement, and it was better than anything we've seen in years, he was a genius, unfortunately we got him at the wrong point in his career.

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:16 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Dave Sexton period prices were less than a quid in too
the whole match going experience was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Not sure why you’re rolling up the Moyes and LVG era’s together, as they were very different.

Shit poll.
to match up the time span better ...hth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Moyes/LVG as I was used to better. I was only about 10 when Sexton took over so I didn't really know any different, plus football wasn't on telly much so I was excited by any game that I went to at that age.
very much so......even though sexton won £#%&! all and LvG won a cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

as Rubber mentioned....Jordon, McQueen, Ashley Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
was this our first meet?

Coming next...

What's your favourite colour?

Red
Black/yellow
green

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:18 AM
dunk

Sexton. By absolute £#%&!ing miles. Stupid poll.

Unread 07-03-2018, 10:25 AM
TheFatGoth

Can't remember Sexton, but Moyes was the worst mangerial appointment of all time.

There was just so much wrong with it. So many top class managers changed clubs that summer and we ended up with David Moyes. Supported by the media and pundits, backed by his sycophantic press buddies. Reds trying to justify and defend him and his appointment - even the usually merciless Red Issue mag were in the "give him time" camp.

"He needs time," "transition period," "it was always gonna be difficult" "he needs two years at least" - ready made excuses for every. single. failure. (and there were plenty) and all backed up by a nauseating and arrogant 6 (S.I.X) year contract - there was just a desperate hopelessness to it all.

His sacking was one of my all time favourite United supporting memories. Celebrated it more than Moscow 08 nqat.

Extremely harsh on King Louis to lump him in with Moyes ffs.

Unread 07-03-2018, 11:29 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Can't remember Sexton, but Moyes was the worst mangerial appointment of all time.

There was just so much wrong with it. So many top class managers changed clubs that summer and we ended up with David Moyes. Supported by the media and pundits, backed by his sycophantic press buddies. Reds trying to justify and defend him and his appointment - even the usually merciless Red Issue mag were in the "give him time" camp.

"He needs time," "transition period," "it was always gonna be difficult" "he needs two years at least" - ready made excuses for every. single. failure. (and there were plenty) and all backed up by a nauseating and arrogant 6 (S.I.X) year contract - there was just a desperate hopelessness to it all.

His sacking was one of my all time favourite United supporting memories. Celebrated it more than Moscow 08 nqat.

Extremely harsh on King Louis to lump him in with Moyes ffs.
A pretty compelling case.

I dtill cant get my around it. David £#%&!ing moyes. Never in my wldest dreams did i think that #@&%! would get the job. I mean it was joked about. I thought donald trump had more chance of becoming president. The world went quite mad.

Id rather the other way round. Trump united manager making us great again, moyes trying to one day be as good as mexico.

Unread 07-03-2018, 11:31 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Can’t really remember the Sexton era, how old are you?
37. was a month short of being a year old when Dave was binned.

happy days

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
was this our first meet?

Unread 07-03-2018, 11:32 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

for me, the latter....

This thread.

Unread 07-03-2018, 11:42 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
A pretty compelling case.

I dtill cant get my around it. David £#%&!ing moyes. Never in my wldest dreams did i think that #@&%! would get the job. I mean it was joked about. I thought donald trump had more chance of becoming president. The world went quite mad.

Id rather the other way round. Trump united manager making us great again, moyes trying to one day be as good as mexico.
In terms of the media, I can only think of Daniel Taylor and John Nicholson who questioned his appointment. Everybody else thought it was great - it was like living in some sort of twliight zone. Even when he was binned after an absolutely wretched 9 months, he was "harshly done by" ffs.
Closed Thread