United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue
his pass for goal was of the highest class i was shocked
Sadly his 'pass' for the Arsenal goal was more typical of his standards.

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:49 AM
Tiberian

The scary thing is that the entire play is built around Fellaini, all long balls aimed at him, flick on, pick up the breaks, if Utd win it he vacates midfield and gets to the box for the next punt.

LVG is effectively allowing him to play his Everton role, a different type of midfield luxury player. He is not making up the numbers, he is key to game-plan. Hardly surprising that the play is so awful to watch.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:16 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
LVG doesn`t fancy Herrera. Straight swap on the cards in January for Bayern Munich’s Xherdan Shaqiri

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:23 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
exactly.
So why have him on the bench at all?

I've been saying all along he's being protected but it's crazy having a player on the bench who basically cant come on.

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:23 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue
his pass for goal was of the highest class i was shocked
One of, if not the easiest and most obvious passes to make in the history of football, ever.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:00 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The scary thing is that the entire play is built around Fellaini, all long balls aimed at him, flick on, pick up the breaks, if Utd win it he vacates midfield and gets to the box for the next punt.

LVG is effectively allowing him to play his Everton role, a different type of midfield luxury player. He is not making up the numbers, he is key to game-plan. Hardly surprising that the play is so awful to watch.
absolutely.
Said the same thing earlier.
The only 'tactic' seems to be for De Gea to aim for his £#%&!ing bonce. Depressing really.

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:04 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So why have him on the bench at all?

I've been saying all along he's being protected but it's crazy having a player on the bench who basically cant come on.
You can minimize the risk i.e. go on for ten minutes but don't throw yourself around too much. You can't say that to someone who starts.

Unread 23-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Sneintzville

I love seeing you #@&%!s cry LOL..the guy has a great game and you dumb £#%&!ing @#%&!s find something to criticize him about, talk about clutching at straws lol I love it

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:04 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
It was Felli's birthday today, tbf.

That's the only sensible explanation I can find. Birthday treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
When has had broken ribs, one hasn't.

How difficult is it to grasp.
Quite difficult tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneintzville
I love seeing you #@&%!s cry LOL..the guy has a great game and you dumb £#%&!ing @#%&!s find something to criticize him about, talk about clutching at straws lol I love it
Great? Not being completely shit doesn't automatically make him a great player. We were pretty shite for the most part yesterday and the main reason for that is having Fellaini in the side.

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:18 AM
waynes ear's

So the manager decides to play Fellaini, against a side full of @#%&!, welbeck included, plays rather well, and still gets grief?

I'd use swear words but cant be bothered.

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:23 AM
waynes ear's

Oh, herrera will be in v stoke and hull. If we drop points will you blame him?

I understand the feeling against Fellaini, but overall this season he's been one of the better ones. At least he'll get stuck in ffs. Should be the first midfielders name on the sheet v the murderers. Hopefully snaps Sterling in 3

Sorry, but deal with it

Unread 23-11-2014, 08:48 AM
puressence

cant fault fellaine atm lads ..gaal has to be praised to be getting performances out of him .. he deserves his place imho im a big fan of the ticker and im sure he will be back soon

Unread 23-11-2014, 09:13 AM
teflon_terry

Notwithstanding that Fellaini has played reasonably well in his own inimitable way in the last few games, as Tiberian says it is basically impossible to play decent football with him in that role. It is embarrassing that United are basically lumping it up to the big lad, especially with LvG at the helm.

Out.

Unread 23-11-2014, 09:59 AM
S/Side.Red

The fact that Herrera isn't getting on (especially with Fletcher making an appearance) suggests he's not really right to play, as others mentioned. With that in mind options are limited. In fairness to Fellaini and Smalling they both did alright by their own woeful standards. Still doing enough things to have you wishing death on them, but mixing it with the occasional decent contribution.

Fellaini does make us shite to watch, though. When Herrera is back and hopefully another option is bought in Jan this will be rectified. In the meantime he's bumping his value right back up

Unread 23-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneintzville

Great game? What £#%&!ing planet are you on?

He should play against the smaller, more physical teams but not Arsenal or those who keep it on the floor... He was horrendous.

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
LVG doesn`t fancy Herrera. Straight swap on the cards in January for Bayern Munich’s Xherdan Shaqiri
The £#%&!ing Metro is your source.

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:08 AM
saffers

Just gonna assume the lad isnt 100% fit, anything else doesnt make sense.

Dont care if fellaini had a good moment or two, this is a joke arsenal side that still dominated us. We are not a football team with him starting.

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:19 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumps
the £#%&!ing metro is your source.
tbf im the metros source motwyw

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Sparky***

big story in the paper today about him going to bayern in exchange for Shaquiri

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Just gonna assume the lad isnt 100% fit, anything else doesnt make sense.

Dont care if fellaini had a good moment or two, this is a joke arsenal side that still dominated us. We are not a football team with him starting.
Horses for courses and him playing as meant we have been able to deviate from a style of football that only works if you have Herrera and or Blind fit and takes the pressure off the inexperienced and untrustworthy centre halves from bringing it out.

Am almost at the point where I would accept his presence as a squad player.

Still showing glimpses of how shit he is but has added looking a bit like a footballer too.

Would only get rid depending on how long Blind is out for and if we bring in other midfielders.
Closed Thread