United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Tiberian

Default Re: N'Zogbia would be a good signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The decision to loan Cleverley out, isn't looking very Clever right now. I'd rather he was called back ASAP and integrated into the side. Finishing 3rd or 4th would be a lot more acceptable if we were actually giving youngsters an opportunity...
Cleverly seems to have surprised the staff and manager with his development, 21, and never really been near the first team, good performances on loan have contributed to a hype building around him.

I agree entirely about the young players, Rafael seems to have secured the starting right back spot for the moment, and Macheda has had a few opportunities, mostly cameo's though.

The advent of 7 subs in the premier league allowing the managers to give appearances to young players have been a real positive, even with big squads you should be able to find space for at least one young player in a match-day squad.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Can't wait. He's gonna make all the difference.
True. He'd add more balance to our side when Giggs is out injured.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Sandman

Eikrem would have to be part of 3 man midfield so we would have to drop a striker for him, and I don't think Fergie wants to do that in the league. He's definitely not ready to be part of a midfield 2 yet anyway, we'd need Keane or Robson in their prime to partner him.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Eikrem would have to be part of 3 man midfield so we would have to drop a striker for him, and I don't think Fergie wants to do that in the league. He's definitely not ready to be part of a midfield 2 yet anyway, we'd need Keane or Robson in their prime to partner him.
I've been saying this is going to be a problem with him for a while. It's difficult to see how he is going to get a run of games in the first team really.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Obertan is an odd one, looks a very classy player in the reserves, plays with the head up, good snappy short passing, links up well with the full back on whatever side he is playing. He never seems to hurt teams though, lovely approach play but then nothing in the final third, lays it off for someone else to take responsibility.

I wonder about his mentality, some of his sub appearances last year the pressure seemed to get to him, as MC intimated earlier the ball was bouncing off him, and all that composure he can show went missing.

Nani has been excellent, he can not start every game though, and he will have periods when he drops a level. Utd need attacking alternatives.

Playing Macheda on the wing is not the answer, the example of Rooney is a different one, quicker and more adaptable at that age.

Eikrem still looks very physically weak, talented passer of a ball though.

I dont like to have a pop at players that haven't been given a fair crack, but the basic things for Obertan seem really difficult.Surely controlling a ball and being a Manchester United player go hand in glove? He just doesn't look like a first teamer imo.

And as I've said with Bebe, £7m+ for a player who seems a long way off being a first teamer is mental given our situation.

We're so desperate (I said this at the end of last season) for some creativity and some bite in our midfield.It's there for all to see.Modric, Hamsik (despite his poor WC), Banega, Cattermole would all fit the bill.There's more too, you all know who they are.

I've defended Park at great length on here too, but it's clear he's a squad player and no first teamer.Anderson shows industry but nothing else.Gibson, despite an improvement towards the end of last season, again, is no United player.Hargreaves might be finished.Giggs and Scholes have to be used sparingly.

Fletcher apart, who do we have in our central midfield that can be relied upon week in week out? It's alarming.

In an ideal world, we'd sell the deadwood, the players that Ferie cant rely on and totally freshen up our squad - because that's what needs to happen.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I dont like to have a pop at players that haven't been given a fair crack, but the basic things for Obertan seem really difficult.Surely controlling a ball and being a Manchester United player go hand in glove? He just doesn't look like a first teamer imo.

And as I've said with Bebe, £7m+ for a player who seems a long way off being a first teamer is mental given our situation.

We're so desperate (I said this at the end of last season) for some creativity and some bite in our midfield.It's there for all to see.Modric, Hamsik (despite his poor WC), Banega, Cattermole would all fit the bill.There's more too, you all know who they are.

I've defended Park at great length on here too, but it's clear he's a squad player and no first teamer.Anderson shows industry but nothing else.Gibson, despite an improvement towards the end of last season, again, is no United player.Hargreaves might be finished.Giggs and Scholes have to be used sparingly.

Fletcher apart, who do we have in our central midfield that can be relied upon week in week out? It's alarming.

In an ideal world, we'd sell the deadwood, the players that Ferie cant rely on and totally freshen up our squad - because that's what needs to happen.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Case closed.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:17 PM
fix up look SHARPE

cattermole? as in lee cattermole?

this guy?

wtf.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:19 PM
koppas

This reminds me of circa 2005:

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
cattermole? as in lee cattermole?

this guy?

wtf.
yep

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:22 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: N'Zogbia would be a good signing

Quote:
This reminds me of circa 2005:

Feel free to add your own suggestions on how to sort our midfield out.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:24 PM
safingtons

Oh this could be fun Koppers..

Whaley's faves

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
You watch him in the reserves and he does not have that problem, he actually performs more than adequately in a playmaking role, which by its very nature demands a good level of technical ability.

It is a much lower level of course, but it does not fully explain the difference between the well schooled reserve and the Bellion-a-like when he turns out for the first team.

The Bursapor match is a game he should really be targeting, with Giggs out and Park miles off the pace.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Feel free to add your own suggestions on how to sort our midfield out.

koppas

magic_cantona

Quote:

Fair enough.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:28 PM
borsuk

cattermole is a very good young player who would add some much-needed bite and energy to our midfield. decent eye for a pass as well. he's 22 ffs and already sunderland depend on him massively - not half the team when he's out. he's going to be a top player imo.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:30 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
You watch him in the reserves and he does not have that problem, he actually performs more than adequately in a playmaking role, which by its very nature demands a good level of technical ability.

It is a much lower level of course, but it does not fully explain the difference between the well schooled reserve and the Bellion-a-like when he turns out for the first team.

The Bursapor match is a game he should really be targeting, with Giggs out and Park miles off the pace.
That's exactly who he reminds me of.It's uncanny.

If he doesn't play on Wednesday, then it's fair to say that we've bought a dud and the manager has no faith at all.I hope he plays, just so we can see how he handles the limelight and, hopefully, how well he performs.

Quote:
Koppas, you've touted some footballers who are more or less disabled in the past, so don't come the footballing oracle now mate.We all know better.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:31 PM
safingtons

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:32 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
cattermole is a very good young player who would add some much-needed bite and energy to our midfield. decent eye for a pass as well. he's 22 ffs and already sunderland depend on him massively - not half the team when he's out. he's going to be a top player imo.
Yeah, but dont let that get in the way of the footballing soothsayers on here mate.

Just post a picture of Ade Akinbiyi and be done with it.
Closed Thread