United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:25 PM
The Return of JC

Why would we sell a player who is a vital member of our squad.

Makes no sense and won't happen.

Next

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Next

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Alan

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Next
Because he's not actually that vital anymore
Because he's shown he hasn't got the %@#$&!s for a battle
Because he was was a fill-in until we got Hargreaves
Because he has been shown up by a 19 year old
Because Scholes is back next weekend
Because we desperately need a striker but there's probably no money but selling this plum would bring some in......

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:31 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Because we desperately need a striker but there's probably no money but selling this plum would bring some in......
Dear, oh deary, deary me.

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:38 PM
LH_88

Quote:
Top post Alan.

Square Ball isn't actually that bad, but I've developed a pathological hatred for the dopey faced Georgie £#%&!wit.

Very similar to the one everyone had for Veron. Both haven't lived up to their vastly overinflated price tags.

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Ether

Let's be honest, I'd be surprised if Fergie considers him a 'vital member of the squad'.

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:48 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by LH_88
Top post Alan.

Square Ball isn't actually that bad, .

is that your name for him?

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:52 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Cannot argue against any of the points.

Sell him, bring in Huddlestone on the cheap, put him on a intense training course and he'd be class I reckon. Just a bit too fat now.

Unread 18-01-2008, 06:52 PM
rebelcountyred

Think carrick is a good footballer but i question his character, too much of a shrinking violet at times, no doubt people will point to his outstanding display against the geordies but they were poor and he goes missing in other games. Think if we were offered our money back and it could be spent on a striker it would be a good deal, but with hargreaves continually injured not till the summer.

Unread 18-01-2008, 07:35 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Think carrick is a good footballer but i question his character, too much of a shrinking violet at times, no doubt people will point to his outstanding display against the geordies but they were poor and he goes missing in other games. Think if we were offered our money back and it could be spent on a striker it would be a good deal, but with hargreaves continually injured not till the summer.
Quote:

i really don't get this attitude about carrick. i posted a while ago about it:
Quote:
re carrick what do you base this on? if it's the languid style he has or the (calm) expression on his face then you can say the same about scholes. no bottle? his best performances for united have been in the pressure games: roma, chelsea etc. no bottle? he makes more interceptions than almost anybody else (i would guess, though i haven't checked the stats, only hargreaves makes more per match). no bottle? along with scholes and giggs he is one of the few players around with the bottle to consistently risk the killer pass. that's bottle - rolling it sideways is an awful lot easier. that's bottle. or do you really mean 'he doesn't snarl at opponents and try to foul them'? is that what you mean by bottle?

it pisses me off, this carrick has no bottle crap. he rises to the big game, he responds to pressure, he wins more ball than almost anyone else, he has the courage to take chances with the ball. no bottle my arse. like giggs, like scholes, he plays intelligent and subtle football.

Unread 18-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Spiffy

Tell them to £#%&! off for now, but if they offered us our money back in the summer, I'd snap their hands off.

Unread 18-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
re carrick what do you base this on? if it's the languid style he has or the (calm) expression on his face then you can say the same about scholes. no bottle? his best performances for united have been in the pressure games: roma, chelsea etc. no bottle? he makes more interceptions than almost anybody else (i would guess, though i haven't checked the stats, only hargreaves makes more per match). no bottle? along with scholes and giggs he is one of the few players around with the bottle to consistently risk the killer pass. that's bottle - rolling it sideways is an awful lot easier. that's bottle. or do you really mean 'he doesn't snarl at opponents and try to foul them'? is that what you mean by bottle?

it pisses me off, this carrick has no bottle crap. he rises to the big game, he responds to pressure, he wins more ball than almost anyone else, he has the courage to take chances with the ball. no bottle my arse. like giggs, like scholes, he plays intelligent and subtle football.

Spot on.

For the life of me I can't understand this %@#$&!s about him not 'stepping up'. If anything it's the opposite - he is more of a big game player in my opinion. His best games have all been against the best teams in and in high pressure games.

Quote:
His positioning and timing are superb, he gives a great shield to our defence - in particular to the full backs. Even Lawrenson picked up on that.

I really can't understand this %@#$&!s about him always playing safe and not having character. Maybe I am slightly biased, but I think it is completely the other way round. He gave the ball away a fair bit, especially in the first half, but it was only because he was attempting to disect their central midfield.

One of his major assets is his ability to pass through midfields; effectively taking 4 men out of the game with one pass. Obviously it's a big risk and it will not always come off but he shouldn't be criticised for trying it. Remember, it was a similar pass that set up the winner against Birmingham

I've posted similar stuff time and again but it's fruitless. I can't find some of my better posts about him because i gave up after a while.

Unread 18-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Cantona's collar

The reason Carrick gets stick is because he's not a hustle and bustle player, this means he's a lazy @#%&! who doesn't get stuck in to the majority of £#%&! wits that attend OT these days.
A lot of the clowns that watch football these days appreciate effort much more than ability.

Case in point - Gerrard, he can play 50 passes a game to the touchline or an opposition player but because he chases about he is world class.

Carrick is quality, he is the best passer of the ball we have had since Veron imho, he picks out passes that most players don't see.

Unread 18-01-2008, 10:33 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i really don't get this attitude about carrick. i posted a while ago about it:

The voice of sanity and insight. Totally agree.

Unread 18-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
The reason Carrick gets stick is because he's not a hustle and bustle player, this means he's a lazy @#%&! who doesn't get stuck in to the majority of £#%&! wits that attend OT these days.
A lot of the clowns that watch football these days appreciate effort much more than ability.

Case in point - Gerrard, he can play 50 passes a game to the touchline or an opposition player but because he chases about he is world class.

Carrick is quality, he is the best passer of the ball we have had since Veron imho, he picks out passes that most players don't see.

YHGR

Unread 19-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Whalefish

He isn't going anywhere.

Unread 19-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

United should undoubtedly keep carrick, scholes wont last forever and anderson is a different type of player, hargreaves is simply not capable of carricks passing range. If he could just get a bit more consistency going with his game we wouldnt even be discussing this.

From newcastles point of view bringing carrick in makes perfect sense, for one he's a geordie, but more importantly carrick and owen in the same team could be a fairly devastating combo, owens movement is very very good but he just doesnt get the ball when he makes his runs. This is because newcastle has nobody with the talent to; A/ See the movement, and B/ actually have the accuracy of passing ability to pull off the pass. I could see that working. Would be a very good first signing for keegan imo.

Carrick is a quality player but i'm not 100% convinced yet that united are fully comitted to him, for the right price i think they could be tempted.

Unread 19-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Basically, there are two types of people:

People who want Carrick to leave: @#%&!s who know nothing about football.

People who want Carrick to stay: Awesomo's.

Unread 19-01-2008, 07:17 AM
mark o

and those who are willing to sell him should the offer be rather silly/

£25m and not a penny less.

Other than that he stays.

Unread 19-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Gruber

We shouldn't be entertaining the idea of talking to other clubs about Carrick. He is too important to let go.
Closed Thread