United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2009, 12:44 PM
dodger

Default "You should be inside that dressing room..."

"....it's like we've won the world cup"- Theo Walcott. Yes Theo, and that's the problem.
Compare Arsenal's triumphalism for getting into the last 8 and Chelsea's shirt throwing for getting an equlaliser against some relegation fodder with the business-like demeanour, and determination, of our players when they equalised against Newcastle.
Is it a northern thing? I know a lot of our players aren't even english but it might rub off. There is an air of over-confidence, bullshit and triumphalism in the south that if you tried on in the north would get nowhere except tutted at for being a flash @#%&!.
Any thoughts?

Unread 13-03-2009, 12:48 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Its down to the manager

Unread 13-03-2009, 12:49 PM
jem

Default it's a southern thing

that has rubbed off on the north a little.

arsenal are french and chelsea cosmo.

the capital is in london because we have always ruled the north. you knows it.

once we get the jocks out, things will be back to normal.

Unread 13-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Zorg

That story about Giggs going round the dressing room in Moscow saying 'we want it again next year lads' says it all to me.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:12 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That story about Giggs going round the dressing room in Moscow saying 'we want it again next year lads' says it all to me.
was that before or after the match?

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Sparky***

It's the whole 'look how together we all are' %@#$&!s.

Started by the arsenal teams of 2002 and 2004, continued by the chelsea teams of 2005 and 2006.

Over celebrating at the slightest achievement, shirts off, chesting thumping and acting like a right charlie.

I'm so glad our team rarely-if ever do such things.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:16 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's the whole 'look how together we all are' %@#$&!s.

Started by the arsenal teams of 2002 and 2004, continued by the chelsea teams of 2005 and 2006.

Over celebrating at the slightest achievement, shirts off, chesting thumping and acting like a right charlie.

I'm so glad our team rarely-if ever do such things.
tbf you wouldnt know what they do after games as for you either stream cuts out or its back to the studio with richard keys.

you should ask billy what happens at games as he is a match going red...(you didnt hear that from me...)

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:17 PM
plopborsky

its defo a southern thing cockneys at there best

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
stop murdering our £#%&!ing language.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
How many cockneys play for arsenal then?

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:22 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
stop murdering our £#%&!ing language.
listen up @#%&! face your anger and doom mean nothing to me, if you want to talk about spelling go to www.iamaboringsad@#%&!.com/forum they will love you

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
After, I believe, whilst they were all celebrating.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:23 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
How many cockneys play for arsenal then?
i play for a sunday league team who are unbeaten and the way they act is shocking from the manager to the players dont get me wrong sound lads just when it comes to football @#%&!s. We have a cup final coming up and the stuff they want to do for it makes me cringe

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:24 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
typical americans.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
i play for a sunday league team who are unbeaten and the way they act is shocking from the manager to the players dont get me wrong sound lads just when it comes to football @#%&!s. We have a cup final coming up and the stuff they want to do for it makes me cringe
where do you play your sunday league fooball then?

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:28 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
where do you play your sunday league fooball then?
london metropolitan league is that not "london enough" for you, fact is they do things different, want to have all fancy outfits and exec coaches for a £#%&!ing sunday league cup final some arse even said a limo. Instead of trying to win the game they want to "make a day of it "

gets me mad even typing that tbh

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
london metropolitan league is that not "london enough" for you, fact is they do things different, want to have all fancy outfits and exec coaches for a £#%&!ing sunday league cup final some arse even said a limo. Instead of trying to win the game they want to "make a day of it "

Wasn't having a go ploppers. Just curious.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:30 PM
marlo

Quote:

i know a mens team in london in which they wear suits to the games. hilarious.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:33 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
typical americans.

Unread 13-03-2009, 01:33 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Wasn't having a go ploppers. Just curious.
sorry pal that @#%&! jem has got me all defensive you know that's not how i roll

u should see the difference playing down here you get away with murder.
Closed Thread