Unread 21-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
still going on Sky...
Must be the satellite delay...

Unread 21-12-2018, 10:24 AM
NegativeNorris

I love how he refers to coming back as being "back home".
Absolutely love Ole.

Unread 21-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
I love how he refers to coming back as being "back home".
Absolutely love Ole.
He's a class act, regardless of how he gets on.

He seems very relaxed about it all. Managerial assassin

We're gonna lose our shit on here if we put in a performance tomorrow aren't we?

Unread 21-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Lok

The Sanchez bit was interesting. As soon as Mourinho's gone he's on a plane back to England.

He was nailed on to leave in January to somewhere like China. I wonder what'll happen now.

Unread 21-12-2018, 10:39 AM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

We're gonna lose our shit on here if we put in a performance tomorrow aren't we?
He's certainly saying the right things, and he does genuinely seem to be an intelligent guy, and obviously absolutely loves the club.

Yeah we have to be careful, especially as we have a run of games that we are more than capable of getting maximum points from, so excitement might get a bit out of hand. Confidence has such a massive effect on any human, so we can't underestimate how much of that has disappeared. Just getting that back could change our season right around.

It's nice to have that nice warm feeling coming back again though!

Unread 21-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Denis Irwell

Don’t think for a minute Ole will be a soft touch. He’ll have his way of playing football the way he was taught. The only thing that would be in question is his ability to impose himself.. I even think he’d be ok there but perhaps the bigger question is how much he’d be allowed to impose his own will and ideas. With these @#%&!s in charge I’d be a bit sceptical.

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:08 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Don’t think for a minute Ole will be a soft touch. He’ll have his way of playing football the way he was taught. The only thing that would be in question is his ability to impose himself.. I even think he’d be ok there but perhaps the bigger question is how much he’d be allowed to impose his own will and ideas. With these @#%&!s in charge I’d be a bit sceptical.
I thought that originally, but then watched the Molde "£#%&!ing shoot" video, and the MUTV interview and realised there is a bit of nasty in there. I guess you don't play for Freggle for 11 years without a backbone.

So, so giddy.

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:11 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
So, so giddy.
hoping im wrong, but lets see how giddy we are at 1930 tomorrow

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:12 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:19 AM
75Red

Is he staying at the Lowry?

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
I was wondering if he still had his house here, probably not but you never know..

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
My biggest issue is how he adapts from ten years of working with part time herring salesman to world class players.

Remember moyes showing Rio and Vidic videos of Phil Jagielka?

I don't think he'll have any illusions as to the size of the job, but he has zero experience in actually having a good squad of players.

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Lok

Quote:
My biggest issue is how he adapts from ten years of working with part time herring salesman to world class players.

Remember moyes showing Rio and Vidic videos of Phil Jagielka?

I don't think he'll have any illusions as to the size of the job, but he has zero experience in actually having a good squad of players.
He hasn't managed a team of world class players but he was part of one. The comparison with Moyes is unfair because he played at a much lower level.

Ole's job is to smile and make the fans feel good whilst we try and find someone capable of taking us further. He can't really fail.

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:35 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He hasn't managed a team of world class players but he was part of one. The comparison with Moyes is unfair because he played at a much lower level.

Ole's job is to smile and make the fans feel good whilst we try and find someone capable of taking us further. He can't really fail.
Overall I agree, ofcourse. I think he'll lift the place and we'll seen upturn.

I do expect that to wear off though. Once the initial buzz fades, we'll be entering a phase of the season where his managerial credentials will be tested.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter how he does provided he does the first bit though .

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:35 AM
AK14

£#%&! it...

Give him a 10 year contract TODAY!

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:47 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:

Unread 21-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Buck

Quote:
Overall I agree, ofcourse. I think he'll lift the place and we'll seen upturn.

I do expect that to wear off though. Once the initial buzz fades, we'll be entering a phase of the season where his managerial credentials will be tested.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter how he does provided he does the first bit though .
Positivity creates confidence and with the talent we have that should take care of most games. Just small things to begin with like running more (pressing), being 10 yards higher....that shows intent and he's worked with top players and top coaches to implement their methods. I am sure Pogba is relishing working with him.
Closed Thread