United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2015, 06:05 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Can we please stop talking about the Vidal conspiracy before Keith has an aneurysm?
Thanks
or before quiggers makes a hair care pun

Unread 11-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
it was more a spur of the moment thing

"let's take a plane"

"what?"

"let's take a plane and crash it... into the... the.. world trade centre"

"you're crazy, Abdul"

"you're chicken, Saeed"

"let's do it"
'As luck would have it I've got my fireproof passport with me as well'

Unread 11-11-2015, 07:10 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Really?

You speak to a lot of mc nufootyfans in the arse end of the west of ireland?
Yes realiy, while I have the pleasure of living in one of the most beautiful places on the planet, with all that entails, I have the pain of having to deal with C-Suite execs in the UK on an almost daily basis, many of whom have discovered footy and tediously try to engage me in discussions re the same.

You are such an easy brush off Fuzz, I really don't know why you bother

I imagine you leaning back in your chair, in your overcrowded open plan office, with a smug smile of self satisfaction, thinking 'that'll do for him' only for me to come back with licks and blows to put you back in your insignificant little box.......

Unread 11-11-2015, 07:40 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Yes realiy, while I have the pleasure of living in one of the most beautiful places on the planet, with all that entails, I have the pain of having to deal with C-Suite execs in the UK on an almost daily basis, many of whom have discovered footy and tediously try to engage me in discussions re the same.
Hmmm.

So they go out of their way to contact you to chat football?

Seems odd as you don't seem knowledgeable about the game at all. No offense.

Unread 11-11-2015, 07:53 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Hmmm.

So they go out of their way to contact you to chat football?

Seems odd as you don't seem knowledgeable about the game at all. No offense.
None taken, they contact me to avail of my expertise in other areas, the 'footy' content is merely chit-chat

Unread 11-11-2015, 08:12 PM
S/Side.Red

It's pretty obvious that 'nufans' and especially journalists who really don't have a clue, will latch on to this shitfest of stats to assist them.

The extent to which football is being consigned purely to stats because people don't actually have an opinion is getting ridiculous tbf. Best example is when a new player is linked/arrives in a country. "What will he add? Well here's his aerial duel success rate from last season in a different team in a different league" etc. Basically, you've never heard of him. Good, stick up the YouTube video and stfu.

That article, using WhoScored ratings to back up a point

Unread 11-11-2015, 08:46 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's pretty obvious that 'nufans' and especially journalists who really don't have a clue, will latch on to this shitfest of stats to assist them.

The extent to which football is being consigned purely to stats because people don't actually have an opinion is getting ridiculous tbf. Best example is when a new player is linked/arrives in a country. "What will he add? Well here's his aerial duel success rate from last season in a different team in a different league" etc. Basically, you've never heard of him. Good, stick up the YouTube video and stfu.

That article, using WhoScored ratings to back up a point
It's a plague, 'Football journalist' It was that article and an idiot quoting it that prompted the thread. The attack on the MC's may have been stretching it a little, but the idiot doing the quoting is a right plummy @#%&! and 'more of a rugby man' although he goes to the odd match on corporate freebies. Our power relationship is skewed in his favour, so I can't really tell him to stfu and he always calls me first thing

I'm over it by now

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
It's a plague, 'Football journalist' It was that article and an idiot quoting it that prompted the thread. The attack on the MC's may have been stretching it a little, but the idiot doing the quoting is a right plummy @#%&! and 'more of a rugby man' although he goes to the odd match on corporate freebies. Our power relationship is skewed in his favour, so I can't really tell him to stfu and he always calls me first thing

I'm over it by now
Tbf football journalism is full of upper class writers with little clue about the game. Stats and Neville's MNF opinions are gold to them.

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Tbf football journalism is full of upper class writers with little clue about the game. Stats and Neville's MNF opinions are gold to them.
Was posted on here awhile back - there was a conference for small-time 'tactics bloggers' and the likes, with these #@&%!s giving presentations. One of them was called 'Can We Please Stop Applauding the Long Diagonal Ball?'

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Was posted on here awhile back - there was a conference for small-time 'tactics bloggers' and the likes, with these #@&%!s giving presentations. One of them was called 'Can We Please Stop Applauding the Long Diagonal Ball?'

Unread 11-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:01 PM
S/Side.Red

What's terrifying is that he's nowhere near the worst.

The Times probably have the worst collection.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:05 PM
saffers

Quote:

Remember Rory Smith spending most of September furious about how well Toto Martial was playing. £#%&!er.

Tony Evans gone now though so the scouse mafia at the time will be dissolved soon.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:05 PM
Bunker Buster

He's a hideous £#%&!ing beast...

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Remember Rory Smith spending most of September furious about how well Toto Martial was playing. £#%&!er.

Tony Evans gone now though so the scouse mafia at the time will be dissolved soon.
Classic try-hard hipster journo. Also slaughtered Rojo before he arrived, in order to sound clued up.

Full of scousers at the Times. Alyson Rudd

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:10 PM
saffers

Quote:
Classic try-hard hipster journo. Also slaughtered Rojo before he arrived, in order to sound clued up.

Full of scousers at the Times. Alyson Rudd
Olly Kay is another scouse bastard there who loves to snide united low key. Whenever he mentions LvG I think my real feelings about big lou come through as I get irritated and protective of our fluffy arrogant dutchie.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Olly Kay is another scouse bastard there who loves to snide united low key. Whenever he mentions LvG I think my real feelings about big lou come through as I get irritated and protective of our fluffy arrogant dutchie.
He's ridiculously dull, too. Have read/listened to him plenty of times and can't recall anything he's ever said.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:

"Yes, Bingley?"
"Three reporters to see you, m'lud, and a gentleman from The Times."

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:20 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation

Quote:
I get irritated and protective of our fluffy arrogant dutchie.
Wow. Reminiscent of Reagan's stunning proposal to eliminate all ballistic missiles at the Reykjavík Summit between him & Gorbachev.

Unread 11-11-2015, 10:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Whenever he mentions LvG I think my real feelings about big lou come through as I get irritated and protective of our fluffy arrogant dutchie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
"Yes, Bingley?"
"Three reporters to see you, m'lud, and a gentleman from The Times."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Wow. Reminiscent of Reagan's stunning proposal to eliminate all ballistic missiles at the Reykjavík Summit between him & Gorbachev.
Closed Thread