https://twitter.com/utdamy23/status/1034182625911558144

We may have just saved £50m...

Will be Englands LB by spring....
Sage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45357041

Unread 04-09-2018, 02:10 PM
dunk

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnThttzl...=143bsi2kylpuk

Delighted for the useless, fat, not got the brains/heart, shit bastard.

Unread 04-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnThttzl...=143bsi2kylpuk

Delighted for the useless, fat, not got the brains/heart, shit bastard.

Mou broke him like a bucking bronco. A tubby one, yes, but bucking nonetheless.

Unread 04-09-2018, 02:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Mou broke him
Fact. Good on him for not letting Mou beat him down.

Unread 04-09-2018, 09:15 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fact. Good on him for not letting Mou beat him down.
Indeed.

Has refused to allow the manager to publicly humiliate him.

He’s succeeding in spite of Mourinho. Looking forward to him shortly getting subbed off in the 35th minute for Ashley Young and never being seen again.

Unread 04-09-2018, 09:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Back in the England squad after missing the World Cup, Luke Shaw credited Jose Mourinho for toughening his mentality.

Luke Shaw believes the public criticism he previously received from Jose Mourinho has helped him become stronger mentally after the Manchester United defender earned an England recall.

Shaw missed out on Gareth Southgate's World Cup squad, the full-back reduced to the role of spectator as England reached the semi-finals in Russia.

The former Southampton defender has struggled to realise his potential at Old Trafford, with his development at the club hindered by a double leg fracture suffered in 2015.

He made his return during Mourinho's first season in charge, but his performances during the Portuguese's tenure have regularly drawn the ire of the former Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter boss.

However, Shaw has made a strong start to the 2018-19 campaign and scored in their opening 2-1 win over Leicester City.

His form has seen him earn a call-up from Southgate for UEFA Nations League clash with Spain and a subsequent friendly with Switzerland. Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli will join Shaw in the squad having been added to it on Tuesday.

Speaking at a media conference, Shaw credited Mourinho with helping him gain a recall.

He told reporters of his relationship with his club manager: "Of course, it was a tough two years, but I think mentally I've come out stronger, made me want to prove to him that I can do what sometimes he said I couldn't.

"At this stage I feel really good and just focusing on what's to come, doing things right and training hard.

"I think he got frustrated with me because he knew I could be better and maybe at times I look back and think he could be right. But I don't want to focus on that.

"I spoke with him before the season and he said he wanted me to stay and fight for my place, and that motivated me a lot in the off-season. I've come back, played pre-season games, got my fitness fully and it's all good.

"Of course [he had] a lot [of an impact in the recall], he put his trust into me at the start of the season and at times it would've been easy for him to say: 'I want to sell him and I don't want him here anymore'.

"But I think he's always believed in me and I always believed in myself. You could say he's had a big part, but I think personally I've done a lot too to get into his team and into his trust."

Asked about how it felt watching England's surprising progress under Southgate at the World Cup, Shaw replied: "That made me want it more, because obviously the World Cup is the biggest stage for any footballer, it was wonderful seeing how well we did, how far we got was brilliant.

"It was gutting to not be there, but I understand it was the right choice from Gareth. It motivated me more to work hard."
https://onefootball.com/en/news/shaw...iable=20180904

Unread 04-09-2018, 09:55 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Back in the England squad after missing the World Cup, Luke Shaw credited Jose Mourinho for toughening his mentality.
Well well well. Maybe the most successful football manager on the planet knows more about management than some random internet #@&%!s after all.

Unread 04-09-2018, 09:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Well well well. Maybe the most successful football manager on the planet knows more about management than some random internet #@&%!s after all.

Unread 04-09-2018, 10:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Yeah, he’s hardly going to say he’d have been at the World Cup if it weren’t for that @#%&! Mourinho is he? nor is he going to rosknrocking the boat having finally got in the side after 2 years.

Unread 19-09-2018, 09:47 PM
saffers

Fire again, could be on 2/3 assists.

Unread 19-09-2018, 09:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Been brilliant tonight.

Unread 19-09-2018, 09:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Two actual quality full backs on the pitch at the same time

Not seen the like since Evra and Rafa circa 2013

Unread 19-09-2018, 09:56 PM
marlo

never doubted my boy like some of you did.

Unread 19-09-2018, 09:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Delighted for him the way it's going. Proving a point to a lot of people. Needs to keep it going though, especially against better opps.

Unread 19-09-2018, 09:59 PM
saffers

Mou did say Luke Sheezy was the best LB around way back in January. Lad just needs to stay sharp and not take that second helping of nandos when he's out with his lads. Don't celebrate this moment too much. Could be snatched away from him at any moment, injuries and lack of discipline has haunted the boy thus far. Maybe this is the real thing now.

Unread 20-09-2018, 04:44 AM
MagnificentSeven

back so soon after what looked like a terrible injury. thought he'd be out for months.

Unread 20-09-2018, 05:31 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
back so soon after what looked like a terrible injury. thought he'd be out for months.
He was out for a year pal

Unread 20-09-2018, 05:43 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
never doubted my boy like some of you did.
id imagine hes everything you hate about people

Unread 20-09-2018, 08:19 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
id imagine hes everything you hate about people
Not sure i want an insight into your imagination tbh

Unread 20-09-2018, 08:27 AM
Red Santos

Glad Jose didnt sell and buy some random

Shaw has taken his chance and is running with it

Just hope he can have a bit of luck with an injury-free season for once