United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:03 AM
atticusgrinch

Default What Jose needs to do to win the league/CL

Left back, centre back, midfielder, attacker for me.

He'll sell Basti , Rooney, Shaw, one of Jones/Smalling, hopefully Fellaini, Darmian. That'd bring in a fair bit of cash and a fair bit of leeway re wages.

Greizmann looks pretty much done. Hearing he likes Kroos. I'd take Manolas. Left back?

Jose.

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Billy Redface

The longer the season goes, it's becoming clearer who has a future, what that future is and who will be gone.

3 or a quality signings, an ever-improving resilience and CL football and we'll be laughing.

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:07 AM
no fun

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:11 AM
believe

Not a great deal to be fair. The mentality of the squad was the biggest issue and he's already on a fast track to changing that. Add a World Class striker, possibly a left back or defensive cover and he'll win the league comfortably next season.

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:13 AM
TheFatGoth

PL - get more points than any other team.

CL - Qualify. Get to the final. Win it.

hth

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Buck

Sell Shaw

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:17 AM
atticusgrinch

It's a shame about Shaw but if you guy's a @#%&! what can you do?

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not a great deal to be fair. The mentality of the squad was the biggest issue and he's already on a fast track to changing that. Add a World Class striker, possibly a left back or defensive cover and he'll win the league comfortably next season.
Yep. I think the margins are smaller than people think when it comes to taking a 'nearly' team to the top.

Look at Chelsea. 1st....10th....1st. More or less the same group of players.

Leicester....us in 06/07.

Confidence, momentum, a couple of signings and 'penny drop' moments for the likes of Luke Shaw and we'll be right up there next year

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Centre back to play with Bailly - Varane for me
Veratti for Carrick
Greizzman for Rooney
Mbappe to bed in for a season with Zlatan and replace him when he goes next summer

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. I think the margins are smaller than people think when it comes to taking a 'nearly' team to the top.

Look at Chelsea. 1st....10th....1st. More or less the same group of players.

Leicester....us in 06/07.

Confidence, momentum, a couple of signings and 'penny drop' moments for the likes of Luke Shaw and we'll be right up there next year
Yes, the standard of the PL is still not close to what it was 5 or 6 years ago. Chelsea are walking away with it this year but no European football surely is playing a major part in that, freshness and preparation time.

Utd, City and Chelsea will all spend big money again in the summer. The key targets for Utd are surely going to be a Carrick replacement, perhaps another box to box midfielder, a striker given Rooney is likely to move on and Zlatan being the age he is.

At CB I think Bailly is the only one I would be certain will be here to start next season, all the rest are at risk, Jones if he could stay fit might join him but..

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes, the standard of the PL is still not close to what it was 5 or 6 years ago. Chelsea are walking away with it this year but no European football surely is playing a major part in that, freshness and preparation time.

Utd, City and Chelsea will all spend big money again in the summer. The key targets for Utd are surely going to be a Carrick replacement, perhaps another box to box midfielder, a striker given Rooney is likely to move on and Zlatan being the age he is.

At CB I think Bailly is the only one I would be certain will be here to start next season, all the rest are at risk, Jones if he could stay fit might join him but..

Yep. Leicester and Chelsea are both going to win on the strength of a confident run and failing chasing pack.

Get an early foot in the door and you can run away with it.

Even Liverpool simply going 'chaaaarge!' With a group of average players saw them rocket up the league earlier this season.

As you say, it's not as tough a league to win as it was a few years ago

This Chelsea side is nothing special and they're comfortably the best side in the league and will have it wrapped up by April. After finishing TENTH last season.

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:56 AM
ZiggyStardust

We need a team with no weak points were every player is confident to play the ball even under pressure

Left back has to be sorted this summer. Either Shaw situation gets sorted or we have to sign a top class attacking left back
We need an experienced commanding centre back. I heard Pepe being linked on a free a few weeks back and he could be ideal

We clearly need a couple of central midfielders
A defensive midfielder to finally replace Carrick and another box to box midfielder to bolster the squad

With Ibra staying I don't think we need a lot up front
I'd be quite happy going with Ibra, Martial and Micki front 3 next season

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:58 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Mbappe to bed in for a season with Zlatan and replace him when he goes next summer
Copyrighting this song if that happens...

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
With Ibra staying I don't think we need a lot up front
I'd be quite happy going with Ibra, Martial and Micki front 3 next season
Zlat is turning 36 in October, he might be able to continue at his current level for another couple of years, he is a fairly unique specimen after all, but Mou will have to guard against him falling off a cliff.

Mou has tended to look for physical forwards who can hold the ball up and allow the team the long ball option(McCarthy/Drogba/Milito/Benzema/Costa/Zlat). Likely to continue with Rashford/Martial as wide options.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:19 PM
suffolkred

1. Get Zlatan to sign on for another year.
2. Get in Griezemann, Bakayoko, a central defender and another winger.
3. Keep DeGea.

Title in the bag.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:20 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolkred
1. Get Zlatan to sign on for another year.
2. Get in Griezemann, Bakayoko, a central defender and another winger.
3. Keep DeGea.

Title in the bag.
this

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:22 PM
believe

De Gea's position could be the only real spanner in the works, be a real kick in the @#%&! if he left in the summer.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:38 PM
AK14

Out

Basti, Rooney, Darmian, one of Smalling-Jones-Rojo, Young

In

A forward/wide player (Griezman), centre back- either Manolas or Giminez, Midfielder- Verratti AND someone who get us goals from midfield?

Left back all depends on the Shaw situation tbh. Needs to pull his finger out asap.

I think Mou will keep Fellaini...

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:38 PM
jem

so, to recap, all jose has to do is spend loads of money bringing in world class players in order to improve the team. same as always.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so, to recap, all jose has to do is spend loads of money bringing in world class players in order to improve the team. same as always.
Bit harsh tbf. You could have said that about the previous two #@&%!heads but Jose is definitely making the best of a badly dealt hand. He's got to replace players and players cost money these days. As long as he spends big on players that will make a difference then I can't see what he's doing wrong.
Closed Thread