United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:43 AM
wiganste

Default Berbatov's United career is over.....

imo.

I've always defended him and I think he's had a decent start to this season before his injury but being benched for Owen (yesterday) or to accomodate a 4-5-1 formation suggests to me that Fergie has had enough of him, especially as Rooney has been shit for a month or so (hat-trick at Pompey aside - even though he wasn't great there.

I can see that Berbatov is a quality player but he's just not suited to United. Which is a £#%&!ing shame because he could have been a huge player for us. Maybe United are just too big for him? This ain't me berba-bashing because I hate all that shit. This is me thinking that his time is up and maybe we need something different up front.

And before anyone starts, £#%&! off with the "I told you so's" because I'm not intersted.

As a side note - how £#%&!ing shit is Michael Owen? Jesus £#%&!ing christ

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:45 AM
£#%&! KFC

Default Re: Berbatov's United career is over.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
imo.

I've always defended him and I think he's had a decent start to this season before his injury but being benched for Owen (yesterday) or to accomodate a 4-5-1 formation suggests to me that Fergie has had enough of him, especially as Rooney has been shit for a month or so (hat-trick at Pompey aside - even though he wasn't great there.

I can see that Berbatov is a quality player but he's just not suited to United. Which is a £#%&!ing shame because he could have been a huge player for us. Maybe United are just too big for him? This ain't me berba-bashing because I hate all that shit. This is me thinking that his time is up and maybe we need something different up front.

And before anyone starts, £#%&! off with the "I told you so's" because I'm not intersted.

As a side note - how £#%&!ing shit is Michael Owen? Jesus £#%&!ing christ
I have to agree with all of that....sadly.....there's been something far wrong with Berbatov's body language these last few weeks compared to the start of the season when he was scoring and leading the line well ....he looks like he doesn't want to be here any more

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Sparky***

tbh ste, I thought that when he started the european cup final on the bench.

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:47 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
and Tevez came on before him

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
and Tevez came on before him
yep. it was a huge statement to make in the biggest game of the season. Our record buy, a spectator.

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:49 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Me too but he rolled his sleeves up for the start of this season and put in some really good shifts. Tbh, I thought he was our best attacking option then he gets injured on international duty.

The injury seems to have cleared yet he's benched for the useless Owen. Or he's benched for the 4-5-1. Or he's benched for the heck of it.

Something has happened behind the scenes, I'm certain of it.

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:51 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Me too but he rolled his sleeves up for the start of this season and put in some really good shifts. Tbh, I thought he was our best attacking option then he gets injured on international duty.

The injury seems to have cleared yet he's benched for the useless Owen. Or he's benched for the 4-5-1. Or he's benched for the heck of it.

Something has happened behind the scenes, I'm certain of it.
yep and something pretty major by the looks of it would not be surprised if he's sold in the summer if he lasts that long

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Sloane

i have always defended him and hated the bashing thats gone on and the usual line of 'lazy' but i think its becoming evident we need some sort of change up front.
10 games hes started in the league
1-0 - win - bimingham
5-0 - win - wigan
3-1 - win - spurs
4-3 - win- city
2-0 - win - stoke
2-2 - draw - sunderland
2-1 - win - bolton
0-2 - lost - liverpool
2-0 - win - blackburn
3-0 - win - wolves

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Ethers

It doesn't look like it's going to work out for either party, for whatever reason. Unless there's a big turnaround over the next couple of months I doubt he'll be here next season.

Wonder how much he'll go for, if he is sold. He can certainly do the business for someone, but can't see us getting anywhere near what we layed out.

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:55 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yep and something pretty major by the looks of it would not be surprised if he's sold in the summer if he lasts that long
I wouldn't expect him to go in January but if Fergie is serious (or should I say if the press is serious?) about us buying Benzema in January, then someone has to go to make the funds available.

I think it's a given that Nani is one of the faces getting £#%&!ed off (£7m max imo) and maybe we'll look to get £12-£15m for Berbs?

Yet Owen still steals his £#%&!ing wage every week, the scouse @#%&!

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Sparky***

Him and rooney are under intense pressure now ronaldo has gone. If we had another top striker/attacker to share the goals then I'm sure most wouldn't be that bothered.

When you look at our 4 strikers:

berbatov
rooney
owen
welbeck

it really does look piss poor.

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:57 AM
wiganste

Oh, and whilst I'm at it. Welbeck IS NOT the answer.

He's scored a few good goals but £#%&! me, he looks less a footballer than Stephen Hawkings

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:57 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

He's scored a few good goals but £#%&! me, he looks less a footballer than Stephen Hawkings
He's nowhere near the standard is he.

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:58 AM
wiganste

Quote:
He's nowhere near the standard is he.
He's more than a million miles away, imo

Unread 21-12-2009, 12:59 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
He's more than a million miles away, imo
could not believe when he came on yesterday....utterly pointless

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Spiffy

Quote:

Borsuk has also said today that he's stopping making excuses for Berbatov. It's a shame as he could have been the next Cantona but he's never really fitted in for some reason. I said at the time I'd prefer Huntelaar and I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal with Berbie going to Italy.

As for Wellbeck and Hawkings, Wellbeck will be a decent enough striker - about as good as Defoe imho (not good enough for the big 4). Hawkings was never the same since 2000 really. That millennium bug really £#%&!ed up his mobility.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:04 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Borsuk has also said today that he's stopping making excuses for Berbatov. It's a shame as he could have been the next Cantona but he's never really fitted in for some reason. I said at the time I'd prefer Huntelaar and I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal with Berbie going to Italy.

As for Wellbeck and Hawkings, Wellbeck will be a decent enough striker - about as good as Defoe imho (not good enough for the big 4). Hawkings was never the same since 2000 really. That millennium bug really £#%&!ed up his mobility.
At least you got Hawkings name right, which kind of proves my point that Welbeck aint the answer

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:08 AM
borsuk

welbeck is a cracking prospect but he's 19 years old ffs. get off the lad's back.

re berbatov, reluctantly, i more or less agree.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=596

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:09 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
welbeck is a cracking prospect but he's 19 years old ffs. get off the lad's back.

re berbatov, reluctantly, i more or less agree.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=596
Not getting on Welbecks back. I don't think he's the answer (yet) and I do think he's a long way away from being United quality

He could do himself a favour by going out on loan and player regular football.

Unread 21-12-2009, 01:09 AM
Spiffy

Do you reckon Stephen Hawkings or KITT from Knight Rider would win a game of Trivial Pursuits? My money's on KITT tbf.
Closed Thread