United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Coracao

Default Re: What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

Unread 27-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Adz

Carrick on form dictates all our play and pulls the strings in the middle.

When he's playing well United play there best football. His performance in that smashing of Roma is one of the best central midfield performances of the past 10 years. Fact.

The guy's low on confidence and he's defo had a big bust up with fergie. He reacted like a little kid when he got subbed against West Brom which isn't him.

Hopefully he can get a run of games and get back playing again. His range of passing and vision is exactly what we need because we're becoming far too predictable.

Unread 27-10-2010, 06:02 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up Re: What the £#%&! has Michael Carrick done wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Carrick on form dictates all our play and pulls the strings in the middle.

When he's playing well United play there best football. His performance in that smashing of Roma is one of the best central midfield performances of the past 10 years. Fact.

The guy's low on confidence and he's defo had a big bust up with fergie. He reacted like a little kid when he got subbed against West Brom which isn't him.

Hopefully he can get a run of games and get back playing again. His range of passing and vision is exactly what we need because we're becoming far too predictable.
this

and yeah forgot about him shaking his head when he got hooked against West Brom, but he was right mental substitution by Fergie to take him and Ando off at same time

Unread 27-10-2010, 07:19 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
if I'd seen my arse you would know about it you fat Turkish @#%&!

Unread 27-10-2010, 07:28 PM
n48

Carrick did well in the last European cup win campaign because he was given a long run of games and he knew that the balls he was putting through would invariably find one of the front runners we had i.e. Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez. Who does he see this season? Rooney who's past his best already and Berbatov who aint the kind to sprint through to a ball. This Mexican kid Utd have stumbled upon could revive Carrick as a mainstay of the side.

Like Deschamps was looked down upon and also Fletcher too, Carrick does the little things to keep the game running over and retain possession.

Unread 27-10-2010, 07:57 PM
jem

it's not that united play well when carrick plays well, but rather that carrick plays well when united play well. rooney and evra are knackered, ronaldo and tevez gone, giggs and scholes old, hargo awol, fletch a lightweight..... he makes great players look great, but he can't make o'shea, fletch and gibson look like keane, scholes and beckham. his confidence is low, fergie hates him and if he reads this he will probably top himself or sign for villa.

Unread 27-10-2010, 08:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
...and if he reads this he will probably top himself or sign for villa.
Can you do one for Michael Owen?

Unread 27-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Arnold Muhren

Yes he had a great game in the Roma game. And so did Alan £#%&!ing Smith. Not United class, time for him to go at end of season unless he shows a drastic improvement.

Unread 27-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Yes he had a great game in the Roma game. And so did Alan £#%&!ing Smith. Not United class, time for him to go at end of season unless he shows a drastic improvement.
Back to Spurs part ex please

Unread 27-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Adz

Quote:
Not United class.

Unread 27-10-2010, 08:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
ffs

Unread 27-10-2010, 08:48 PM
tony tabletop

If he keeps up with this attitude and performances I'll be amazed if he's still here next season. I think Fergie is seeing what we see, why can't he see it with others

To suggest he was the reason for us winning the CL and 3 PL titles is ridiculous

Unread 27-10-2010, 08:50 PM
rebelcountyred

did i mention he's a great big geordie @#%&!?

Unread 27-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsdreads
Delightful pass last evening to play Park in.

Fergie really does seem to have some beef with this boy, and has done ever since he helped out last winter playing centre back?

His craft, guile and vision are only second to Paul Scholes at the club, and when Scholes isn't playing I cannot understand why he is constantly overlooked.

Last night was just a further example of his talents, never rushed in possesion and if Juan Veron had played a pass like the one mentioned previous we'd be talking about if for weeks after (like we did with the Deportivo ball).

Am I just looking at the situation through Carrick tinted specs?
Not the player he was. Needs to be sold in January or in the Summer.

Unread 27-10-2010, 09:12 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Not the player he was. Needs to be sold in January or in the Summer.
We can't afford to lose him, our midfield options are few and far between as it is.

Unread 27-10-2010, 09:28 PM
MUFC One Love

Carrick was great for United for 3 years. He really added something to our midfield and the way he looked for the forward pass every time was so refreshing after we endured Djemba Djemba, Liam Miller etc. Sadly it looks like he has no confidence anymore and he hasn't got the bottle to turn it around. He looks a shadow of his former self. He didn't even stand out last night ffs.

Unread 27-10-2010, 10:30 PM
J_RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
If he keeps up with this attitude and performances I'll be amazed if he's still here next season. I think Fergie is seeing what we see, why can't he see it with others

To suggest he was the reason for us winning the CL and 3 PL titles is ridiculous
Because he is shit , i reckon we should bin him and have you as manager

Unread 27-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Coracao

Our midfield needs an overhaul, we all know it.

Whether that be players coming up through the ranks, or players bought.

Sadly, Carrick isn't the only problem.

Unread 27-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Fountz

Default err no..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz

sticking a "" doesn't win you the arguement adzy old boy. Arnold's perfectly correct, he simply isn't United class.

Being granted the role of creative midfielder at the biggest club in the world should galvanise you into producing your absolute best. If the task is too daunting or there's numerous caveats attached to you producing the goods, then you're at the wrong club.

I'd say get rid, but seeing as I doubt the funds would go into getting a replacement he can just plod along as before.

EDIT: ..and, I told you so !

Unread 27-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Coracao

Default Re: err no..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
sticking a "" doesn't win you the arguement adzy old boy. Arnold's perfectly correct, he simply isn't United class.

Being granted the role of creative midfielder at the biggest club in the world should galvanise you into producing your absolute best. If the task is too daunting or there's numerous caveats attached to you producing the goods, then you're at the wrong club.

I'd say get rid, but seeing as I doubt the funds would go into getting a replacement he can just plod along as before.

EDIT: ..and, I told you so !
So, we have the following options;

A) He isn't good enough.
B) He has absolutely no confidence whatsoever.
C) He is finished.
D) He has swallowed too many flies.
Closed Thread