Quote:
Originally Posted by redstu7

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: Don't renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
And that is also full of £#%&!ing shite
yeah fair enough, it's a bit over the top. wider point stands though from the club's gate receipts pov which was what I was getting at

course, the question of those fans becoming more regular comes into play there, but United can easily pull 70k anyway, and most away supports can fill a cup allocation as well if needs be.

trying to brainwash people into thinking that boycotting is the only way to get rid of the glazers just does my head in tbh. the thing that'll get rid of them is if someone stumps up the cash and they accept it. they can't be in too much doubt that a decent percentage of the support would rather they weren't the owners. but the idea that people should be prepared to blindly back a takeover by people who are already haggling over cash is pretty ironic imo. we can dop this for you, but only if you do this for us... er, no, you're alright mate. this is over a billion £#%&!ing quid we're on about at the very least. you aren't short of a few quid so just make an offer and stop £#%&!ing around.

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:33 PM
redstu7

£#%&!in @#%&!s the lot of ya!

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah fair enough, it's a bit over the top. wider point stands though from the club's gate receipts pov which was what I was getting at

course, the question of those fans becoming more regular comes into play there, but United can easily pull 70k anyway, and most away supports can fill a cup allocation as well if needs be.

trying to brainwash people into thinking that boycotting is the only way to get rid of the glazers just does my head in tbh. the thing that'll get rid of them is if someone stumps up the cash and they accept it. they can't be in too much doubt that a decent percentage of the support would rather they weren't the owners. but the idea that people should be prepared to blindly back a takeover by people who are already haggling over cash is pretty ironic imo. we can dop this for you, but only if you do this for us... er, no, you're alright mate. this is over a billion £#%&!ing quid we're on about at the very least. you aren't short of a few quid so just make an offer and stop £#%&!ing around.
I see where you are coming from as well but comments like that from both sides dont help at all. The sooner people from both ends stop taking cheap snipes at each other the sooner we can look forward.

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:41 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstu7
£#%&!in @#%&!s the lot of ya!

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:47 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
renewing btw

don't understand the point made about spending 20 or 30 quid in the pub being better than spending it on a ticket

watching football on the tele will never ever be comparable to being at the game. if you prefer being in the pub to being at the match then that's an entirely different matter, but don't confuse the two things.

as for the pre-2005 part-timers, your absence hasn't made the slightest £#%&!ing difference. i bet virtually no-one has missed you.
give it a rest. OT match day experience is shit 80% of the time shit atmosphere full of @#%&!s the list is endless. its been getting worse over the last 10 years. i had a top set of lads around me one by one got priced out and got replaces by utter @#%&!s.

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:51 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
give it a rest. OT match day experience is shit 80% of the time shit atmosphere full of @#%&!s the list is endless. its been getting worse over the last 10 years. i had a top set of lads around me one by one got priced out and got replaces by utter @#%&!s.
how are they @#%&!s....not having a go Plops but am so £#%&!ing sick of peole saying yeah it used to be good but they are all @#%&!s now....just sounds like you are justifying your reasons for not going.....

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Adz

To be honest I still buzz off going to OT, thats one of the main reasons the non-renewal of my book hasn't been already decided.

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
how are they @#%&!s....not having a go Plops but am so £#%&!ing sick of peole saying yeah it used to be good but they are all @#%&!s now....just sounds like you are justifying your reasons for not going.....
Agreed. Nearly as annoying as people droning on and on and on about how life was better in the 70s and 80s etc etc.

Live for the moment ffs. If I go on about the 90s and 00's to people in 20 years time I'll demand to be shot.

Unread 12-05-2010, 10:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Agreed. Nearly as annoying as people droning on and on and on about how life was better in the 70s and 80s etc etc.

Live for the moment ffs. If I go on about the 90s and 00's to people in 20 years time I'll demand to be shot.
maybe it's because I have a long journey for every home game but I still £#%&!ing love home games as much as I do away games

we had a couple of really annoying @#%&!s behind us last seaso we told them to move problem solved

I am gonna try and move my seat next season just because I miss where we used to sit ..not because bit's full of @#%&!s

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:03 PM
shadowplay

Try and get over as often as I can, but Leeds in January was my final game. Just doesn't feel right paying money into something that will eventually destroy the club. I realise my not going isn't going to make much difference - it's the lads who go every week that will - but £#%&! that, not doing it anymore. Not overly confident things will change in the summer, or next year, tbh. But hopefully, at some stage in the future, things will be OK again. Just hope the damage isn't gone beyond repair by then.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:05 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
well that and i live on the other side of the world, but even when i was in London and still went we had a top set of people around us that were just an absolute great laugh everyone knew each other even if the game was shit we would sit there and take the piss get pissed up.

One of the lads died in an accident ( his dad took his place but that was one of the saddest nights at OT realising one of the lads was dead rip neil rwta) the other 3 got priced out. another lad ( fredster on here ) moved to OZ which killed the group that went and sat together. The people that replaced them were utter @#%&!s, cockney know nothing mouthy, slag off every player @#%&!s. So it killed it for me. Some of them are still there i am sure. I miss it and don't think its easy for anyone to give up a season ticket. We all want the owners out thats for sure just no one has a proven method.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
I see where you are coming from as well but comments like that from both sides dont help at all. The sooner people from both ends stop taking cheap snipes at each other the sooner we can look forward.
tbf it's only £#%&!ing sniffer

i'm at neither end tbh. i'm in the middle.

always said that if you don't like these yanks then - if you can afford it - why the £#%&! are you letting them stop you doing the one thing you love doing more than near enough anything else.

got called a 'top red' for it. ycnmiu

Quote:
being at the football is better than watching it in the pub, simple as that. watching it on tele will never compare. you must know this anyway ffs. you can enjoy both and you can swap one for the other. but they aren't the same thing. i like pubs though, don't get me wrong. and they can be great when football's on tele in them. and i've watched a lot of matches this season on a 5" x 4" screen as well. but it's not like the buzz of being there when it's good. listening on the radio is probably closer to the match-day experience than watching on tele.

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
well that and i live on the other side of the world, but even when i was in London and still went we had a top set of people around us that were just an absolute great laugh everyone knew each other even if the game was shit we would sit there and take the piss get pissed up.

One of the lads died in an accident ( his dad took his place but that was one of the saddest nights at OT realising one of the lads was dead rip neil rwta) the other 3 got priced out. another lad ( fredster on here ) moved to OZ which killed the group that went and sat together. The people that replaced them were utter @#%&!s, cockney know nothing mouthy, slag off every player @#%&!s. So it killed it for me. Some of them are still there i am sure. I miss it and don't think its easy for anyone to give up a season ticket. We all want the owners out thats for sure just no one has a proven method.

i know you had to give up because you moved abroad....and that's terrible what happened with your mate and your group

I hear you on the @#%&!s that you had to put up with as I say we had a similar problem but I still think they are the minority..United fans aren't the problem it's those @#%&!s that put us 800m million plus in debt

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:14 PM
SomersetSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
To be honest I still buzz off going to OT, thats one of the main reasons the non-renewal of my book hasn't been already decided.
If I see you there next season I will be bouncing your head off a curb

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomersetSoldier
If I see you there next season I will be bouncing your head off a curb
someone ban this @#%&!

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Wez

42nd Street.....

You better be out on match days for a beer in a pub somewhere next year, I wont be able to stay at home on a Saturday when the games on

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
42nd Street.....

You better be out on match days for a beer in a pub somewhere next year, I wont be able to stay at home on a Saturday when the games on
just meet in the Sawyers mate

Unread 12-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Wez

Quote:
just meet in the Sawyers mate
Yeah, I heard its a great pub for football now
Closed Thread