Closed Thread

Unread 09-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Sparky***

Match threads you say?

Oh yes.

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:04 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

would be nice to see the return of wee man and/or captain scarlet to start the northern irish threads, if only so we can throw sectarian abuse at them.

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:07 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
would be nice to see the return of wee man and/or captain scarlet to start the northern irish threads, if only so we can throw sectarian abuse at them.
Legitimate targets

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Nelson

Could I start the England v Russia thread please?

It'd be my first thread opener...

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:34 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Could I start the England v Russia thread please?

It'd be my first thread opener...

There's no permissions. If you want to start a thread you can. What would be good is if you also start match threads where it's not going to be popular e.g. Albania v Switzerland

Generally also always defer to Sparky, he pumped out the match threads when others weren't willing to.

You aren't going to be banned or anything for starting a match thread.

As it stands, I think sparky deserves the final.

All I care about is that we have a match thread for every game, work he rest out amongst yourselves. Pure had france and sweden.

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Clarkie

I'll do some tinpot team

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:37 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
I'll do some tinpot team
do you want to do ireland and ni too?

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Sparky***

I've always been of the opinion that if there isn't a match thread and you think it needs doing - then do one.

Nobody needs permission, if there's duplicate threads then they will be duly merged.

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:41 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I've always been of the opinion that if there isn't a match thread and you think it needs doing - then do one.

Nobody needs permission, if there's duplicate threads then they will be duly merged.
certain parties would prefer :

euro '16 matches 11/6/2016*

because it wouldn't clutter up the forum

I'll be watching every single match and i don't need people chatting about albania wales in a thread when it's england v russia live

*in fact, if they could get away with just one thread on the euros they would

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
There's no permissions. If you want to start a thread you can. What would be good is if you also start match threads where it's not going to be popular e.g. Albania v Switzerland

Generally also always defer to Sparky, he pumped out the match threads when others weren't willing to.

You aren't going to be banned or anything for starting a match thread.

As it stands, I think sparky deserves the final.

All I care about is that we have a match thread for every game, work he rest out amongst yourselves. Pure had france and sweden.
Fair do's.

More than happy to start a couple of lower tier match threads and leave the top tier to the forum vets.

Mate of mine is going to the Ukraine v Poland game and I'm visiting Poland on business next week, so that match has a bit of personal resonance.

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Fair do's.

More than happy to start a couple of lower tier match threads and leave the top tier to the forum vets.

Mate of mine is going to the Ukraine v Poland game and I'm visiting Poland on business next week, so that match has a bit of personal resonance.
No-one is going to be upset about you starting a thread (unless it's france/sweden and then there will be hell to pay!*)

*i'm kidding

Only really had solid confs from pure who said he'll do all france/sweden games. I need people to step up here and seize the initiative.

Clarkie, who will you do?
Nelson?
Apart from the final what game are you into doing Sparky?
Switchers?

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:56 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
I £#%&!ing cannot wait tbh. And then after it we get United and Jose. What a turn around!
Armers is buzzing

Unread 09-06-2016, 11:58 PM
armchair

Quote:
Fair do's.

Do all germany's matches if you want or spain's? Get in there

Unread 10-06-2016, 06:29 AM
puressence

Quote:
No-one is going to be upset about you starting a thread (unless it's france/sweden and then there will be hell to pay!*)

*i'm kidding

Only really had solid confs from pure who said he'll do all france/sweden games. I need people to step up here and seize the initiative.

Nelson?
Switchers?
ha ha I wont go mad already gave sparky the copyright for tonights grand opening as he will do it full justice

Unread 10-06-2016, 07:01 AM
sudored

Ffs this is going to get messy.
10 official threads for each match.

Unread 10-06-2016, 07:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Great idea....

Buzzing for the Euros, I'll pick up any tin pot teams (not England) along the way...

Individual match threads are the way forward...

Unread 10-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Billy Bigbollox

I'm happy to do some of the 8 o clock kick offs but I'm away from Sunday to Thursday. Fine to do whatever after that

Unread 10-06-2016, 07:25 AM
believe

I'll take Iceland v Hungary, will mainly be talking about Sara Lee gateaux's.

Absolutely no buzz here for the euro's. Late kick offs, hate football and too busy to even care. Fml.

Unread 10-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Nelson

Quote:

*i'm kidding

Nelson?
Switchers?
Right, to make it easy then, I'll do Group C (with thanks to Baron):

Group C
Poland v Northern Ireland (1700, June 12, Nice, BBC)
Germany v Ukraine (2000, June 12, Lille, BBC)
Ukraine v Northern Ireland(1700, June 16, Lyon, ITV)
Germany v Poland (2000, June 16, St-Denis, ITV)
Ukraine v Poland (1700, June 21, Marseille, BBC)
Northern Ireland v Germany (1700, June 21, Paris, BBC)

Unread 10-06-2016, 02:49 PM
bobbledinho

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Happy to do this if it pleases you Englanders
Closed Thread