United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:07 PM
magic_cantona

Default Milan - Why am I not arsed?

£#%&! the European Cup, this season's title is far more important.Especially for the long term.

Who agrees?

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:08 PM
TreeFiddy

I think everyone here agrees that the Premiership is far and away the most important thing to win. But we'll all be £#%&!ing gutted if we go out to Milan because we're quite capable of beating them and making this a spectacular season.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:08 PM
elhombre

i've always said league before europe... it's bragging rights over rivals who you see every week... and it seems odd to be the best team in europe, only to be second or third in your domestic league.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:10 PM
TreeFiddy

But think of the team that will await in the final. The chance to beat either Chelsea or Liverpool in the European final would be nice. Look what happened last time we left it to Milan to do a job.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:10 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! europe BUT united CAN beat milan

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:11 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I think everyone here agrees that the Premiership is far and away the most important thing to win. But we'll all be £#%&!ing gutted if we go out to Milan because we're quite capable of beating them and making this a spectacular season.
I know what you mean but, honestly, I'd rather us REST players against Milan to ensure we're fit for the league games.

Not winning it this season would £#%&! us up for years to come.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:11 PM
koppas

I agree mate. I would love to win the Treble/Double/Champions League whatever but the league is an absolute must. Four years without the title is unthinkable.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I agree mate. I would love to win the Treble/Double/Champions League whatever but the league is an absolute must. Four years without the title is unthinkable.
Aye.

It's the consequence mentally of not winning it this year.If Chelsea pinch it, I feel their confidence will become unbeatable.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Ether

I agree the league is important, but I don't see how anyone can say '£#%&! europe' after a night like last tuesday. It's still very, very special.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:15 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I know what you mean but, honestly, I'd rather us REST players against Milan to ensure we're fit for the league games.
No way. Chelsea will be playing their strongest team in every game and we must too. We didn't play the odds carefully in 99 and there's no reason to now. Resting players too often comes back to haunt us. Strongest team in every game from now on IMO. Get that winning streak going and the confidence flowing. A defeat in Europe would be bad for the league.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I agree the league is important, but I don't see how anyone can say '£#%&! europe' after a night like last tuesday. It's still very, very special.

I don't mean it like that really.I just want to emphasise how important I think the league is compared to Europe this season.Any other season and I'd be in the usual spirits about the European Cup.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:19 PM
chorleyred

league every time, but i'm looking forward to facing milan again. we were woeful last time we played them so i'm looking forward to seeing how far rooney and ronny in particular have stepped up in the last couple of years

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:55 PM
edwin

If it was a straight choice, I'd take Champions League over Premiership, but we should give 100% effort in both.
Not worth putting the league in jeopardy for the sake of the Champions League.
Other than 93, the win in the Nou Camp meant more to me than any of our other premiership titles.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:59 PM
wiganste

Well I'm £#%&!ing arsed. I'm a greedy @#%&! and I want all 3.

After beating Roma 7-1, I'd be gutted if we don't go on to win it.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:00 PM
chorleyred

99 was good, but for me our first prem win after so long beat it

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Flowers of Manchester

We want the league by a long way, but....

we have to beat Chelsea in the Cup Final and if we make it through

have to beat them @#%&!s again or those £#%&!ing scouse @#%&!s in the Euro Final

so make mine a Treble

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
We want the league by a long way, but....

we have to beat Chelsea in the Cup Final and if we make it through

have to beat them @#%&!s again or those £#%&!ing scouse @#%&!s in the Euro Final

so make mine a Treble
Yes.............me too.

I'm thinking of priorities though.We don't win the league this season and Chelsea are in charge for the next few years.

If we do, we'll have the edge over the @#%&!s.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:12 PM
S/Side.Red

I think it's incredibly small-time to consider the European Cup as some sort of bonus. If Chelsea are aiming for both, a club ten times the size should be doing the same.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think it's incredibly small-time to consider the European Cup as some sort of bonus. If Chelsea are aiming for both, a club ten times the size should be doing the same.
I don't think of it as anything else as a great trophy to win.

Just think that our priority has to be the league.Would you be more devastated if we lost the league or European Cup?

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I don't think of it as anything else as a great trophy to win.

Just think that our priority has to be the league.Would you be more devastated if we lost the league or European Cup?
Sir Matt would take the European Cup every time, and I think Fergie might too. Not sure myself, but winning the European Cup would be the only way to rescue the season if we did throw away the league
Closed Thread