United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2007, 08:47 AM
The Return of JC

Default United trigger £8m Pederson clause?

Sorry, but I think this lad is grossly overrated.

Looks great in a free kicks montage, but doesn't have much else as far as I can see.

We're right to address the left side problem, but I'd be looking elsewhere.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...069566,00.html

Unread 17-04-2007, 08:56 AM
thatsfuctit

good addition to the squad - £8m is probably pushing it a bit, a decent left sided option compared to K Rich.

Unread 17-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Whalefish

Reports would suggest we're definitely after a left sided midfielder this Summer.

Nani talk has gone very quiet. Malouda has apparently been scouted so it was only a matter of time before we were linked to Pederson. Just so long as Downing isn't next.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:01 AM
toseeunited

i'd put a lot of money on us not signing pedersen!

i don't think we'll sign a left sided player at all!

hargreaves plus possibly one other, with louis going the other way - i can see this happening!

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Pederson is shite and he knows he is. Same goes for Downing.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Whalefish

Fergies already said he's hoping to add 2/3 in the Summer. I think it'll be 3 players with a few brought through (Evans form example). They'll no doubt be a number of departures to balance the old wages.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:09 AM
puressence

think pederson is quality .and 8 million is £#%&! all

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:14 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Fergies already said he's hoping to add 2/3 in the Summer. I think it'll be 3 players with a few brought through (Evans form example). They'll no doubt be a number of departures to balance the old wages.
A couple of months ago, there would have a considerable number of players on most fans wishlist of departures, oshea, fletcher, smith, tweety and richardson. Of that list only richardson and tweety should definitely be sold imo, oshea, fletcher and smith have proved themselves valuable members of the playing staff. There must be a chance of other players being sold as well, Saha could well be sold to fund a move for another striker, Brown is another player who may not be with us next season solely because he would fetch a decent transfer fee, just my opinion.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:20 AM
turkred

he's a decent player, quick, direct and with a great shot on him. Could do worse

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkred
he's a decent player, quick, direct and with a great shot on him. Could do worse
Could do better with 8m though i reckon.

Unread 17-04-2007, 09:43 AM
koppas

We should've signed him two years ago.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:00 AM
The Return of JC

I think he's decent, but not a long term solution to Giggs.

Good squad member, but we need more.

£8m is nothing in today's climate.

I might be wrong because I don't see him much. But when I do he fails to really impose himself on games bar the odd incredibly good goal.

Better him than Downing. Better anyone than him. I doubt we'll go for Downing though.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Baron

Quaresma!!

I'm also trying to source an article that was written by our Portuguese chaps re. how Quaresma had grown up - was posted on Red Issue about a year ago... anyone have a copy?

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:22 AM
koppas

We would never be able to afford him. And there isn't enough room for both him and Ronnie in the team.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
We would never be able to afford him. And there isn't enough room for both him and Ronnie in the team.
Seems to work OK at International level? Just needs a work ethic etc.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:31 AM
puressence

pederson is well proven in a mediocre team ..great assists record fantastic delivery of a ball and is good for 10 to 12 goals a season .. i reckon he would be quality at utd

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:35 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
pederson is well proven in a mediocre team ..great assists record fantastic delivery of a ball and is good for 10 to 12 goals a season .. i reckon he would be quality at utd
I agree about those attributes, i just don't see much else.

The quality he holds in that left foot of his is not under question. He just doesn't seem to have much else. For a winger, i can't remember him terrorising many right backs this season.
Doesn't seem to have much pace or skill.
He seems to rattle them in against us and that clouds people's judgement. His goals and assists record is impressive but I think he blows hot and cold and fades in games.

I'm not married to this thought, it's just an impression I get based on the few times I see him.

We could do worse for £8m, but I also think we could do better.

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Rhodzy

Pedersens a tosser and an average player, don't want him anywhere near the club

Unread 17-04-2007, 10:47 AM
armchair

I'd take him in a flash. Great delivery too.

Unread 17-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Great delivery too.
Would they send him via recorded mail then?
Closed Thread