Unread 23-09-2010, 07:02 PM
ethelred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
afoot?

Unread 24-09-2010, 04:33 PM
Sandman

Quote:
In a post-match interview, Sir Alex reflected on the thrilling victory and Dimitar Berbatov's superb hat-trick, and also referenced Fernando Torres' reaction to a foul by John O'Shea; saying: "Torres made a meal of it, an absolute meal of it. There is no doubt he tried to get the player sent off."

After finding subsequent reports emblazoned with suggestions that he had labelled the Liverpool striker 'a cheat', Sir Alex has questioned the media's focus in reporting the afternoon's events.

Speaking to MUTV, Sir Alex said: "If you think about Berbatov scoring a hat-trick - the first to score a hat-trick in 64 years in that game - you'd have thought that would get the back-page headlines, but that was stuck on the inside.

"It was all me saying Torres was a cheat, which was absolutely ridiculous press. I said, quite rightly, that I thought he had made the most of it. That's not to say the guy's a cheat. It could apply to any player in a given moment, taking advantage of a situation.

"But that was disappointing (from) a lot of the press. I thought Berbatov would have grabbed all the headlines, which he really did deserve."

Unread 24-09-2010, 06:46 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
can't argue with any of that.

Unread 24-09-2010, 09:00 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
can't argue with any of that.
Apart from the third dot. That was a load of old %@#$&!s.

Unread 24-09-2010, 09:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

I love the way Fergie stands up against these scum£#%&!ing bastards.
Ok, it leads to more negative Press for us & more adulation for our Rivals, but it's more than worth it.

Unread 24-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Fergie: Youse are all £#%&!ing @#%&! £#%&!ers. Blah!
Closed Thread