MUFC One Love

Default Re: Best Ever Premiership XI

Terry.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I dont think you've seen Eric play have you?

On the field it was almost unreal, some of the things that Eric did, superb overhead kicks, remarkable back-flicks, I’m sure the guy just took the piss.
do you mean live or watching him on tv? seen games on tv towards the end of his career, never saw him live.

but its irrelevant if ive seen him, his assist/goals doesnt compare to someone like henry.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
do you mean live or watching him on tv? seen games on tv towards the end of his career, never saw him live.

but its irrelevant if ive seen him, his assist/goals doesnt compare to someone like henry.
Those things are irrelevent where Eric is concerned.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Those things are irrelevent where Eric is concerned.
its gay comments like that which give utd fans a rep for being clueless, like that scouser menace quoted earlier.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:47 PM
PaulParkers

Thumbs down Re: Best Ever Premiership XI

Quote:

:shakehead:

Thought more of you than that Gins.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Ginners

Quote:
:shakehead:

Thought more of you than that Gins.
dont get defensive because i disagree with you. as i said earlier, utd 11 then yes he gets in.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
its gay comments like that which give utd fans a rep for being clueless, like that scouser menace quoted earlier.
Clueless is not being able to see the impact Eric had on the club and the young lads that followed him.

Henry was a fantastic player, but he was a @#%&!. Eric was the real deal.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Clueless is not being able to see the impact Eric had on the club and the young lads that followed him.
are you being facetious?

read the title of the thread.

this isnt about players that had an influence at their clubs, its about best ever 11.

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:55 PM
thatsfuctit

'No Rob Lee?'

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:55 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
dont get defensive because i disagree with you. as i said earlier, utd 11 then yes he gets in.
No, not defensive. Cantona, as a man, was unreal. Difficult to explain but when he was in the side he frightened teams not only because of his talent but also because he was hard a £#%&! and massive. He also brought something else out of his team mates around him. He instilled confidence in them.

But as a player; he was unbelievable. He may not have Champ Manager stats or have won the golden boot but he was involved in EVERYTHING that United did in an attack during his time at the club and you have to bear in mind we were a lot more attacking back then. Everything went through him and we used to £#%&!ing spank teams So whilst it may not be recorded as him getting the final ball prior to a goal, I can pretty much guarantee he had a hand in it somewhere.

And those pens

Unread 22-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
are you being facetious?

read the title of the thread.

this isnt about players that had an influence at their clubs, its about best ever 11.
its all opinions obv but i've seen them both (live and on tv) for their entire careers in England and I would rather have Eric in my XI.

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Ginners

Quote:
No, not defensive. Cantona, as a man, was unreal. Difficult to explain but when he was in the side he frightened teams not only because of his talent but also because he was hard a £#%&! and massive. He also brought something else out of his team mates around him. He instilled confidence in them.

But as a player; he was unbelievable. He may not have Champ Manager stats or have won the golden boot but he was involved in EVERYTHING that United did in an attack during his time at the club and you have to bear in mind we were a lot more attacking back then. Everything went through him and we used to £#%&!ing spank teams So whilst it may not be recorded as him getting the final ball prior to a goal, I can pretty much guarantee he had a hand in it somewhere.

And those pens
all that may be true, but i still dont think it warrants a place in the all time 11 alone. you could argue arsenal with henry starting were a much better team without him. its all pretty irrelevant, what is relevant is the goals/assists and cantona never really achieved impressive figures in comparison to others.

Quote:
its all opinions obv but i've seen them both (live and on tv) for their entire careers in England and I would rather have Eric in my XI.
fair enough

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:07 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
all that may be true, but i still dont think it warrants a place in the all time 11 alone. you could argue arsenal with henry starting were a much better team without him. its all pretty irrelevant, what is relevant is the goals/assists and cantona never really achieved impressive figures in comparison to others.
Couldnt disagree more. If you're picking a team you pick a team. Not the blokes with the best stats. Otherwise SAF would be picking Owen over Rooney every week.

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Couldnt disagree more. If you're picking a team you pick a team. Not the blokes with the best stats. Otherwise SAF would be picking Owen over Rooney every week.
£#%&! off

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Switching Off

Non United best XI would be interesting.

Seaman

Petrescu---Campbell---Adams---Cole

Pires---Lampard---Ginola

Zola---Bergkamp

Henry

Subs
Fowler
Shearer
Viera
Speed
Desailly
Pearce
James

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:10 PM
PaulParkers

Talking Re: Best Ever Premiership XI

Quote:
£#%&! off
Got you there ant I?

Get out of that without moving.

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Ginners

non utd

seaman

dixon
terry
adams
cole

ginola
gerrard
lampard
pires

shearer
henry

hasnt been that many good right backs has there?

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
non utd

No, Petrescu wasn't even that good, all I could think of

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:16 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
non utd

seaman

dixon
terry
adams
cole

ginola
gerrard
lampard
pires

shearer
henry

Are you 10?

Unread 22-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Are you 10?
Closed Thread