Unread 25-04-2007, 10:29 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
carrick at fault for first goal evra was a joke for second
And?

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Whalefish

We know he was at fault for the second Lee as was Fletcher and Heinze, but he wasn't £#%&! first half either.

Gabby shouldn't have been sitting back on his heels for the first either. Poor play by him too.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:34 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We know he was at fault for the second Lee as was Fletcher and Heinze, but he wasn't £#%&! first half either.

Gabby shouldn't have been sitting back on his heels for the first either. Poor play by him too.
its about opinions mate ..thought he played poorly first half ..second half his distrubution wasnt upto much either .. thought gabby was immense in the secong half ..that bobby moore like challenge was brilliant

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:35 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Both goals were avoidable and you can point the finger at three players.
Other than that I can't really remember Milan creating much else. Their best chance was the terrific little move they constructed in the 2nd half where Kaka fired over.

After half time Brown and Heinze got closer to Kaka and he was quiet. We created a lot of openings and dominated possession. Evra always offered an outlet down the left and was energetic and fully committed in a performance where we really had to dig deep....and I doubt he was fully fit either.

When you assess last night you must consider the circumstances. Before the game I said I'd taka any kind of win and to not get buried at 2-1 and end up taking a win over to Italy shows tremendous character.

Some of the lads really stepped up when we needed them to last night. They all deserve credit.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:36 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
its about opinions mate ..thought he played poorly first half ..second half his distrubution wasnt upto much either .. thought gabby was immense in the secong half ..that bobby moore like challenge was brilliant
And your opinion seems to have changed. He's gone from 'shocking' to 'poor'.

Which was he?

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:36 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:

What did you make of VDS' performance ? Looks short on confidence at the mo.

Very surprising considering.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
What did you make of VDS' performance ? Looks short on confidence at the mo.

Very surprising considering.
I think he's desperately looking for a clean sheet. Handling isn't so sure and for the first goal he was slow to get himself set. Kaka took it early but he should've been expecting it. Just fell on his arse as it went past him. No chance for the second, excellent finish.

Oh and what JC just said re the team performance. Spot on.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Argentina

Quote:
I think he's desperately looking for a clean sheet. Handling isn't so sure and for the first goal he was slow to get himself set. Kaka took it early but he should've been expecting it. Just fell on his arse as it went past him. No chance for the second, excellent finish.

Kaka took the shot at the opportune moment. It wasnt early at all. If he'd taken it any earlier Heinze would have blocked it. If any later the angle would have been against him. Nothing about it was early

Same with Rooney. He hit it first time but it wasnt really early. He composed himself, balanced himself and strook.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Could be better than getting a card in the next game though, wouldnt want to miss the final if they get there...

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:45 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

I thought VDS was fine last night. Couldn't fault him for the goal. Kaka took it early. As did Rooney for his. Normally you'd be poining the finger at Dida for being beaten at his near post, but Rooney taking it early means he can't set himself.

Just admire the finishes.

VDS won't exactly be settled with the defence so shot to shit, will he? It can't be easy playing behind a different back four every game. He must be wondering if he should take more responsibility and this could make him choose rash options.
Defenders thrive on knowing they have a quality goalkeeper behind them, but it works the other way too.

VDS is the least of our problems at the moment.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Kaka took the shot at the opportune moment. It wasnt early at all. If he'd taken it any earlier Heinze would have blocked it. If any later the angle would have been against him. Nothing about it was early

Same with Rooney. He hit it first time but it wasnt really early. He composed himself, balanced himself and strook.
Sorry I didn't make myself clear he couldn't have saved it but VDS was very slow to come out and set himself. Which worried me. The save he made after the second goal was appalling. Somehow managed to force the ball round the post but didn't look confident at all. Lucky he didn't push it into his own net.

However re the comments about the defence JC, probably right. And yes he is the least of our problems atm.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina

Well, either way. It's the element of surprise that caught each keeper out.

You'd expect Kaka to carry the ball in field to make a better angle - but he just says %@#$&!s to it!
Same with Rooney.
Can't fault the keepers for me. Admire the opportunism and accuracy of two fabulous strikers.

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Well, either way. It's the element of surprise that caught each keeper out.

You'd expect Kaka to carry the ball in field to make a better angle - but he just says %@#$&!s to it!
Same with Rooney.
Can't fault the keepers for me. Admire the opportunism and accuracy of two fabulous strikers.
Kaka's two and Rooneys second are where I get most of my 5-a-side goals from.
Taking it wide and aiming for the far corner. Easier to score them against a proper goalie than someone who shouldnt be in net, because the 'keeper wants to go at it with his hands which is harder. Whereas the no-mark guy in net will stick a leg out

Unread 25-04-2007, 10:57 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I thought VDS was fine last night. Couldn't fault him for the goal. Kaka took it early. As did Rooney for his. Normally you'd be poining the finger at Dida for being beaten at his near post, but Rooney taking it early means he can't set himself.

Just admire the finishes.

VDS won't exactly be settled with the defence so shot to shit, will he? It can't be easy playing behind a different back four every game. He must be wondering if he should take more responsibility and this could make him choose rash options.
Defenders thrive on knowing they have a quality goalkeeper behind them, but it works the other way too.

VDS is the least of our problems at the moment.
Good post - And that's coming from someone who's very critical of VDS at the mo.

Unread 25-04-2007, 11:07 AM
dodger

Quote:
I'd put money on him being less than 70% fit too but at least he put himself forward for selection.

I don't think there was a single £#%&! performance last night either.
Good shout on both points there
Closed Thread