Unread 17-09-2015, 12:56 AM
Serenity Now

Default Ajax vs. Bayern 1995 - play model

https://vimeo.com/113046650
https://vimeo.com/113046651

Unread 19-09-2015, 09:43 PM
santiago

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225953

Perhaps should have gone in the Philosophiae Vangaalis thread. Interesting to watch that footage. Ajax give the ball away a lot and their game plan is not very fluid. Not United. Oh, err...

Unread 19-09-2015, 09:46 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225953

Perhaps should have gone in the Philosophiae Vangaalis thread. Interesting to watch that footage. Ajax give the ball away a lot and their game plan is not very fluid. Not United. Oh, err...
No back seat moderation please (which is basically 100% of the time telling people they shouldn't have posted a thread.) I'm going to actually make that a rule as most threads seem to be full of it

Unread 19-09-2015, 10:09 PM
santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
No back seat moderation please (which is basically 100% of the time telling people they shouldn't have posted a thread.) I'm going to actually make that a rule as most threads seem to be full of it
Fair enough. Modding aside, the point I wasn't making very well was that I expected that the Ajax side would be delivering some kind of total football nirvana. What I saw was a bit of pressing, some lost possession, a goal from a set piece and Jari Litmanen. Somehow the reputation that the Ajax '95 team has is that they are one of the great teams. Not what I saw here and tellingly not the way we've been brought up to understand the United way.

Unread 19-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Watched it when you posted it.

Bit start stop and kind of is depressing at times...

Unread 19-09-2015, 10:22 PM
santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Watched it when you posted it.

Bit start stop and kind of is depressing at times...
Well yes. That's my thinking too. I like LvG but I hope the philosophiae has moved on from this 'percentage/don't make mistakes' game plan...

Unread 19-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Well yes. That's my thinking too. I like LvG but I hope the philosophiae has moved on from this 'percentage/don't make mistakes' game plan...
Worth its own thread though....

Unread 19-09-2015, 10:25 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
) I hope the philosophiae has moved on from this 'percentage/don't make mistakes' game plan...
Good luck with that chief.

Unread 20-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Worth its own thread though....
good luck with than an'all

Unread 20-09-2015, 02:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Fair enough. Modding aside, the point I wasn't making very well was that I expected that the Ajax side would be delivering some kind of total football nirvana. What I saw was a bit of pressing, some lost possession, a goal from a set piece and Jari Litmanen. Somehow the reputation that the Ajax '95 team has is that they are one of the great teams. Not what I saw here and tellingly not the way we've been brought up to understand the United way.
They were a £#%&!ing fantastic team, FFS

Amongst other things, dismantled both Bayern and Real on their own turf (and got applauded by at least one set of home fans for doing so)

Unread 20-09-2015, 06:48 PM
santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They were a £#%&!ing fantastic team, FFS

Amongst other things, dismantled both Bayern and Real on their own turf (and got applauded by at least one set of home fans for doing so)
Why FFS? Did you watch the clips? The evidence is not fluid attractive attacking football. I also buy into the idea that he Dutch and particularly Ajax have done something special in a couple of eras, but back to the evidence at hand — it's not here. Maybe the You Tubes are just not the right ones. So I'm confused.

Unread 20-09-2015, 06:52 PM
red in cumbria

I remember watching them at the time, they could be absolutely fantastic nqat. Almost everybody was pleased when they won the CL.

Unread 20-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Why FFS? Did you watch the clips? The evidence is not fluid attractive attacking football. I also buy into the idea that he Dutch and particularly Ajax have done something special in a couple of eras, but back to the evidence at hand — it's not here. Maybe the You Tubes are just not the right ones. So I'm confused.

Not won the treble yet - sack him

Christ, pure gets stick on here for the "Tara Fergie.." after 3 years and still there are #@&%!s havin a go at vG after just over a year

Modern customers eh? :shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2015, 06:58 PM
santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I remember watching them at the time, they could be absolutely fantastic nqat. Almost everybody was pleased when they won the CL.
Well me too. So i'm not arguing with you. I'm surprised by the footage. I think I was expecting what you remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Not won the treble yet - sack him

Christ, pure gets stick on here for the "Tara Fergie.." after 3 years and still there are #@&%!s havin a go at vG after just over a year

Modern customers eh? :shakehead:
No Dennis that's not the case. You are confused. I didn't post the original clips and found the thread languishing at the bottom of the page. I played the clips. They are Ajax clips Dennis. I penned my surprise at the football on view. Anyone with a brain can draw conclusions with what we are seeing now. Those conclusions don't have to be LvG bad or LvG good. I want LvG to succeed. I like his personal style. It's all about the Ajax era and what we remember. Will LvG's United play that way. We shall see. So I'm not really the #@&%! here. Modern customer? Match going since 1971.

Unread 20-09-2015, 07:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
A few highlights on youtube. We could make fergie's best ever teams look total shit under those conditions. Ajax were brilliant to watch, and an average age of around 22 or 23. Closest there's been to a modern busby babes. Shame they weren't in a strong enough league to keep the team together until it peaked.

Unread 20-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
They give the ball away a lot because the person who made the video chose clips of them giving the ball away, so that you can see how they counter-press. £#%&!ing hell

Unread 20-09-2015, 09:51 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
They give the ball away a lot because the person who made the video chose clips of them giving the ball away, so that you can see how they counter-press. £#%&!ing hell

Unread 20-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now

Unread 20-09-2015, 09:53 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Counter press noobs are just the worst.

Ajax

Unread 20-09-2015, 09:55 PM
armchair

can't believe people actually trying to say lvg's ajax were shit...ffs
Closed Thread