United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:27 AM
dunk

Nobody ever said he was good enough, just that he was doing a job. He he has in the main. He was £#%&! yesterday.

There’s a massive difference between appreciating that someone is doing everything they can and knowing there’s no alternative for the time being and thinking he is good enough.

It also takes only the tiniest bit of intelligence to know there’s £#%&! all point in slagging him off as he’s here and playing out of sheer desperation and lack of options. If you can’t comprehend that then I pity you tbh.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:31 AM
shenwen

It'd be nice if he could try and head the ball now and then as well. Getting comical to see a player of his size and ability trying to play a game of flicks and one touches.

The one thing I agree with Dunk is that he helps tire defenders with his pressing, but it's not enough now.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:33 AM
dunk

You’ve got to look squarely at Martial I’m afraid. Weghorst was not brought in to start 18 consecutive games. He was brought in as an option from the bench or someone to start games we could get away with resting a few.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:49 AM
armchair

I think he was effective at the start because the opposition presumed he was what he looks like but now they all know he's just a shit, tall, slow guy that can be safely ignored.

Unread 03-04-2023, 10:56 AM
believe

I think I’ve softened on him because he clearly has a decent side to him and it’s difficult to fault any player who actually tries these days. What’s baffling is that for someone so tall he offers absolutely zero threat in the air. I can only think of one time, I think it was in the Europa, that he’s headed the ball towards goal.

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think I’ve softened on him because he clearly has a decent side to him and it’s difficult to fault any player who actually tries these days. What’s baffling is that for someone so tall he offers absolutely zero threat in the air. I can only think of one time, I think it was in the Europa, that he’s headed the ball towards goal.
His heading is absolutely apalling.

Can't fault the guy for effort but clearly he's a stop gap, and one who isn't really good enough.

Wouldn't mind him being signed as a very cheap 3rd striker, but we could do with a 1st and 2nd striker first....

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:11 AM
marlo

Quote:
. This correspondent wrote 11 days into WeghorstsUnited career he is an extra body and the 30-year-old is barely that at times. He has not improved the United team or squad,

Quote:
It is not entirely Weghorst's fault. The United players are reluctant to play the ball to him as he is too cumbersome and too impotent. A teammate at Burnley noticed Weghorst gets shorter when he jumps and United's wingers and full-backs demur whenever there is space to cross

Quote:
Weghorst has been overexposed and overplayed but whenever Martial next cries off Ten Hag cannot place his compatriot at the tip of a blunt arrow again. Scott The Scottish Player or Anthony Elanga are more mobile and more aligned with United's other forwards than Weghorst
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...atest-26618611

but dunk and the hipster forumistas said…..

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:17 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...atest-26618611

but dunk and the hipster forumistas said…..
Holy shit I never thought I’d see serious suggestions that we play The Scottish Player up top sort of want it to happen

Unread 03-04-2023, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Weghorst was the most cost-efficient January signing by United since Paul Scholes put his boots back on after an unfulfilling retirement in 2012. When a modest loan fee was touted, a figure at Burnley said, "I wish United had that much."
From that same article.

Comprehension is properly difficult for you isn't it.

The vast majority of that article is pathetic by the way.

Clickbait for morons, doing it's job..

Unread 03-04-2023, 01:18 PM
Ethers

He gets shorter when he jumps is pretty £#%&!ing funny tbf

Unread 03-04-2023, 01:49 PM
atticusgrinch

Considering he's 6'7" and a proper unit, it's mad he's never won an arial challenge in his career.

You'd think he'd manage to win some just by accident.

Unread 03-04-2023, 01:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Considering he's 6'7" and a proper unit, it's mad he's never won an arial challenge in his career.

You'd think he'd manage to win some just by accident.
You can see our wingers/attackers don’t even bother looking for him any more. Why bother? It must be like trying to play catch with Stevie Wonder.
Closed Thread