United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2007, 04:17 AM
sharath

I was thinking yesterday... if england did qualified I wanted it to be a stunning beck freekick in 90th minute.

becks has done for england more than these overhyped @#%&!s like terry, cole, gerrard, owen.

you deserve 100th cap becks. Hopefully you will get it.

Unread 22-11-2007, 04:35 AM
TreeFiddy

Funnily enough, I thought the same.

The only way I wouldn't have minded England qualifying tonight would have been with a late Beckham free kick nestling in the top corner of the net.

Unread 22-11-2007, 08:09 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Funnily enough, I thought the same.

The only way I wouldn't have minded England qualifying tonight would have been with a late Beckham free kick nestling in the top corner of the net.
whenever people talk about Becks, prejudice takes prominence. most automatically undermine him because of his off the field status. ( note : these are the same ones who £#%&! over sharapova's/ kounikova's, michelle wee's, bryant's off the field antics )

Nobody actually thinks that he always gives his 100% and never shirks from his responsibility.

united's success was as much dependent on becks, neville, giggs,irwin ( any other left back ) working up and down the wings for the entire 90mins.

Add to the fact that becks is the only one was has consistently created goals for england from his set pieces or crossing.

Unread 22-11-2007, 08:20 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
He deserves his 100 caps.

Great player and always gives 100%.

Why so sentimental, he deserves £#%&! all unless he's playing well and regularly for a proper team, which he isn't.
Just like Giggs doesn't deserve any appearance records just because he's a good servant to the club.

Unread 22-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
Why so sentimental, he deserves £#%&! all unless he's playing well and regularly for a proper team, which he isn't.
Good call.

He's barely been playing any football at all, strolling around for 62 mins gingerly trying to protect his ankle for a unibond level team is not playing football, i dont doubt he loves playing for england and no doubt he will give his all whenever he's given the chance but we shouldnt be pinning our hopes on him at this stage, we should be playing as a team and as a complete solid unit, beckham will never fit into such an outfit.

I dont write him off completely i still think he has a place on the bench for the desperation tactics but unless he's proving himself at a decent level week in week out he can basically £#%&! off.

Unread 22-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
He deserves his 100 caps.

Great player and always gives 100%.
How exactly does focussing on his celebrity status and moving to a country that doesn't take football seriously translate to him "giving 100%"? He's not a "great" player, if he was French we would never have been talking about him, he's no Zidane.
He does not "deserve" his 100 caps either. Many of these caps were in meaningless friendlies and Beckham has underperformed in every tournament he's played in with England.
Closed Thread