United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Unread 07-05-2021, 01:40 PM
fred tissue

Default Solskjær ready to anger clubs chasing top-four spots with rotation policy

• Manager may play entirely different XIs across next week
  • United face Leicester on Tuesday and Liverpool on Thursday
Ole Gunnar Solskjær has said Manchester United could skew the race for the top four because he cannot pick his strongest team at home to Leicester on Tuesday and Liverpool on Thursday. United’s manager acknowledged he could anger those clubs and others battling for Champions League places by naming entirely different XIs amid a fixture pileup.

“One of them might not be happy because I play a full team maybe in one and the next 11 in the other,” Solskjær said. “I’ve got to look after the players. That might be someone not happy with my team selection for one game or two games. That might affect whoever gets into fourth position or the Champions League. That’s not my problem.

Related: Solskjær hits out over Manchester United’s ‘impossible’ fixture pile-up

Continue reading...

More...