United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Aloe Blacc

Default The rotation issue - 2 big questions

Why the £#%&! change a team that won 5-0, to that extent?

Why the £#%&! drop Berbatov after his best game for the club.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:39 AM
wiganste

Because Arsenal are a very good side and we wouldn't get the space and chance that we did at Wigan.

He was never going to play the same XI that started in the Pie Bowl

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:49 AM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Why the £#%&! change a team that won 5-0, to that extent?

Why the £#%&! drop Berbatov after his best game for the club.
Agree, no need to play Giggs yesterday, Berbs would have been a much better option and can at least keep the ball. Rooney was isolated and we'd never had scored if it wasn't for the pen.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Withers

I'm all for rotation.

Someone sling this idiot into the badger pit for a couple of days and let believe's best mate out.

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Pete's Shoes

Wigan aren't Arsenal.
I guess because Fabregas wasn't playin Fergie wanted to try and dominate in midfield. We had chances, Berbatov proabably the best of all.
Incidentally the Sunday Times headline in the Sports pullout this morning reads: "Arsenal manager sent off as Giggs inspires United win."
It would seems others , myself among them, disagree with you

Unread 30-08-2009, 10:59 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The same Giggs that created both goals and was our main attacking threat throughout the game?

You're a £#%&!ing imbecile.
The same Giggs that had loads of time and space in front of their back 4 first half and £#%&!ed it up every time?

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The same Giggs that had loads of time and space in front of their back 4 first half and £#%&!ed it up every time?
Yes, think about it.

And was it him that £#%&!ed it up, or was it the options he had that £#%&!ed it up.

The point is, he was in the right places, involved and on the ball, having the opportunities to create. So what, he didn't get it right every time, no one does, he was still the one player Arsenal couldn't keep track of or stop the threat of.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Aloe Blacc

It was definitely him.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Yes, think about it.

And was it him that £#%&!ed it up, or was it the options he had that £#%&!ed it up.

The point is, he was in the right places, involved and on the ball, having the opportunities to create. So what, he didn't get it right every time, no one does, he was still the one player Arsenal couldn't keep track of or stop the threat of.
That's just a case of a bad day. So clearly shows he's an intelligent player, just a bad day at the office. Still, shows the class that he set up both goals, maybe even claim the second one

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
That's just a case of a bad day. So clearly shows he's an intelligent player, just a bad day at the office. Still, shows the class that he set up both goals, maybe even claim the second one
Correct.

As I said, he was getting into the right positions and getting on the ball, there was more than one occasion that the players in front of him didn't help him out, there were also times he chose the wrong option. But he was there and on the ball and Arsenal were struggling to do anything about him.

That's a good game, not great, but good.

And he caused both goals.

Yep, £#%&!ing useless, Anderson would've been far better

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
It was him who £#%&!ed it up. He picked the wrong ball each time or didn't pass at all and just lot it.

FFS, I knew during the first half when he was having a 'mare people would still say he played good

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:16 AM
wiganste

We'll miss him when he's gone.

He had a much better 2nd half. I think everyone was below par in the 1st. It's strange to just single out Giggs, who imo, was the only player stretching the Arsenal back 4.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It was him who £#%&!ed it up. He picked the wrong ball each time or didn't pass at all and just lot it.

FFS, I knew during the first half when he was having a 'mare people would still say he played good
I remember around the £#%&!ing Liverpool away last year when he was letting the ball run out, that no matter how good he played people would say he was shit. How things have changed.

He was below par, but just shows his class that he affected the game so much with a substandard performance.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:22 AM
denis lawless

Giggs is a valuable member of the squad.....id use him in the last 30 minutes on a regular basis

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
We'll miss him when he's gone.

He had a much better 2nd half. I think everyone was below par in the 1st. It's strange to just single out Giggs, who imo, was the only player stretching the Arsenal back 4.
No. He was £#%&!. Should never start another game and is too old.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:26 AM
ralph

Quote:
The same Giggs that created both goals and was our main attacking threat throughout the game?

You're a £#%&!ing imbecile.
Main attacking threat, I don't think we were an attacking threat until the last 10 minutes when Arsenal were pushing for the equalizer, up until then we were lucky.

Hardly creativity Dunk, a penalty from shit goalkeeping and a cross for an Arsenal player to score a ridiculous own goal. Berbatov should have started.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
Main attacking threat, I don't think we were an attacking threat until the last 10 minutes when Arsenal were pushing for the equalizer, up until then we were lucky.

Hardly creativity Dunk, a penalty from shit goalkeeping and a cross for an Arsenal player to score a ridiculous own goal. Berbatov should have started.
So, you didn't watch the game then.

From an attacking pov, Nani, Valencia and even Rooney 1st half, were all worse than Giggs, in fact, they made Giggs look bad at times. If they were actually on their game, Giggs would've been able to use the ball better.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:31 AM
ralph

Quote:

From an attacking pov, Nani, Valencia and even Rooney 1st half, were all worse than Giggs, in fact, they made Giggs look bad at times. If they were actually on their game, Giggs would've been able to use the ball better.
Urm yes I did watch the game, god your angry today.

Have I said Giggs was better than any of those players?

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Argentina

Quote:

What game are you watching?!

Valencia was dogshit I agree. There was one pass in the first half when he outmuscled clichy and passed it behind Giggs and it broke down the attack, making Giggs look foolish.

However, Rooney was on his own, while Nani was top in the first half. Giggs just made poor decisions for his final ball. Very (and uncharacteristically) poor in that respect, everything else, such as attacking and defensive positioning, was fine.

Unread 30-08-2009, 11:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph
Urm yes I did watch the game, god your angry today.

Have I said Giggs was better than any of those players?
No, but he was.
Closed Thread