United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2011, 12:08 AM
£#%&! KFC

Default Re: Carrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Defensively that would have been madness when you have Modric and Van der Vaart playing so freely at the minute, not too mention 2 wingers who make the make the pitch as wide as possible.

Anderson wouldn't have been able to cope with that, tactically he's still very naive
yeah because Fletcher coped with it really well eh

one of big Ando's best/only games last season was at the Lane and think he should have started as yet again we had no tempo from midfield

Unread 17-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yeah because Fletcher coped with it really well eh

one of big Ando's best/only games last season was at the Lane and think he should have started as yet again we had no tempo from midfield

Everything is always so black and white to you.

Must be all those newspapers

Unread 17-01-2011, 01:14 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
We should have signed Javier Mascherano if the manager is telling one of our midfielders not to cross the halfway line, and to pass the ball sideways as often as possible.
thankfully he's not.

Unread 17-01-2011, 01:17 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Our Midfield is shite sorry but i didn't know how else to say it.

Unread 17-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Crixus00

Is shite or just off form?

Unread 17-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Whip Hubley

this thread should be about fletcher atm.

Unread 17-01-2011, 09:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
this thread should be about fletcher atm.
Sadly, I agree with that. He's currently at his 3 touches to control the ball and 4 touches to turn, worst. I suppose he was due a bad spell having been excellent for 2 years though. If Hargreaves could maybe turn up and play the odd game occasionally, maybe we wouldn't be seeing this downturn in form.

Unread 17-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Harri Jaffa

Fletcher has not looked right since his injury in terms of ability or fitness

Unread 17-01-2011, 10:26 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Fletcher has not looked right since his injury in terms of ability or fitness
true. not that much of a surprise when you think how much his game is based on physical elements. think how long it's taken anderson to get over his.

Unread 17-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
true. not that much of a surprise when you think how much his game is based on physical elements. think how long it's taken anderson to get over his.
I'm sure Fletcher will be fine given minutes on the pitch

Unread 17-01-2011, 10:32 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sadly, I agree with that. He's currently at his 3 touches to control the ball and 4 touches to turn, worst. I suppose he was due a bad spell having been excellent for 2 years though. If Hargreaves could maybe turn up and play the odd game occasionally, maybe we wouldn't be seeing this downturn in form.

Unread 17-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Crixus00

I am convinced that Carrick and Fletcher have been asked to play a different way, and that would obviously effect anyone's confidence. Both players are playing so deep now and barely threaten to play a decisive forward pass, never mind cross the half way line.

Fletcher's best games are when he is harassing from the top and making good use of possession in the final 3rd.

Unread 17-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Defensively very good yesterday. No co-incidence that since he's been back playing regularly our defensive record has improved. Just needs someone better than the current Fletcher beside him.

Unread 17-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Defensively very good yesterday. No co-incidence that since he's been back playing regularly our defensive record has improved. Just needs someone better than the current Fletcher beside him.
agreed. he was all over the place in the first half but regained his composure in the second.

some #@&%! heads still expect him to be the new roy keane

Unread 17-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
agreed. he was all over the place in the first half but regained his composure in the second.

some #@&%! heads still expect him to be the new roy keane
Do they really though?

I can't imagine there is anybody out there who thinks that. You couldn't meet two people more different on a football pitch.

He's not playing well and hasn't for a while, pure and simple.

The worrying thing is he looks like he doesn't even want to be there half the time.

Fletcher is playing shit too, but with Fletcher he doesn't visibly shrink and tries to play his way through it. He appears to be mentally tough enough to cope with his poor form, Carrick doesn't in my opinion.

I don't think playing in a two suits him either, similar to Lampard. Completely different players in a three rather than a two.

Unread 17-01-2011, 12:21 PM
dunk

I think Carrick tends to look better when he has somebody to pass to that can actually control or pass a football, something he was seriously lacking at times yesterday.

Just a thought.

Unread 17-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Do they really though?

I can't imagine there is anybody out there who thinks that. You couldn't meet two people more different on a football pitch.

He's not playing well and hasn't for a while, pure and simple.

The worrying thing is he looks like he doesn't even want to be there half the time.

Fletcher is playing shit too, but with Fletcher he doesn't visibly shrink and tries to play his way through it. He appears to be mentally tough enough to cope with his poor form, Carrick doesn't in my opinion.

I don't think playing in a two suits him either, similar to Lampard. Completely different players in a three rather than a two.
you hate cazza tbf pal

Unread 17-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I think Carrick tends to look better when he has somebody to pass to that can actually control or pass a football, something he was seriously lacking at times yesterday.

Just a thought.
Makes a bid difference when attacking players make runs PAST the defence. Most annoying thing we don't do at the moment.

Rooney did it once in the whole game and nearly scored.

Really don't understand our current obsession with coming in front of the defence to pick up the ball every single time. Make a £#%&!ing run, don't care who, could be more than one but make a £#%&!ing run

Unread 17-01-2011, 12:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Makes a bid difference when attacking players make runs PAST the defence. Most annoying thing we don't do at the moment.

Rooney did it once in the whole game and nearly scored.

Really don't understand our current obsession with coming in front of the defence to pick up the ball every single time. Make a £#%&!ing run, don't care who, could be more than one but make a £#%&!ing run
Berbatov is a bastard for it. Standing with his back to goal practically all the time, not opening up space and not stretching the defence.

Less said about Rooney atm the better.

Unread 17-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Berbatov is a bastard for it. Standing with his back to goal practically all the time, not opening up space and not stretching the defence.

Less said about Rooney atm the better.
berbatov was £#%&!ing useless yesterday. a waste of £#%&!ing space
Closed Thread