United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-02-2008, 11:17 PM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
Bet you did a few interviews today, eh Tuft?
Bet you believed some internet hearsay today

Unread 06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Fiver from HMV

Can't help you out with Gill's address. Sorry

turn it down ffs

Unread 06-02-2008, 11:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true

Unread 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM
wiganste

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell, this thread is turning musical. First Anthrax, now these @#%&!s

Unread 06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
£#%&! KFC

just as well FH isn't here or he'd be mentioning the Fun Boy 3 'classic' Tunnel of Love

Unread 06-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
£#%&!ing hell, this thread is turning musical. First Anthrax, now these @#%&!s

Unread 06-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Ether

Have you lot never seen a plaque before!? If there's an official unveiling, the name's of the people doing the unveiling are almost on the plaque itself. Though to be fair, Gill is hardly the most fitting choice to be doing it.

Unread 07-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Bit more bothered by a Chief Exec being remembered for the tragedy.
Don't worry, that Runcorn @#%&! won't want his paymaster's name dragged through the mud.

£#%&!ing @#%&!

Tufty + Gill = Munich profiteers and Grade A @#%&!s

Unread 07-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Come on then you @#%&!, answer my PM.....

Unread 07-02-2008, 12:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Bit more bothered by a Chief Exec being remembered for the tragedy.
Totally agree.

Unread 07-02-2008, 12:45 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Why don't you get £#%&!ed you slimey @#%&!.

Unread 07-02-2008, 12:50 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Have you lot never seen a plaque before!? If there's an official unveiling, the name's of the people doing the unveiling are almost on the plaque itself. Though to be fair, Gill is hardly the most fitting choice to be doing it.
I had a feeling it was something like that. It should've been someone else though deffo.

Unread 07-02-2008, 07:06 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
correct. go find any commemorative plaque you like, the name is always there. why are people looking for stuff to be pissed off about with all this? you can hate gill for his role in the takeover without trying to drag it into the commemorations ffs.

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
£#%&!ing hell what a £#%&!ing @#%&!s trick, he probably realises that its his best shot at immortality. Cant believe the way United milk the disaster, i'm totally £#%&!ed off with the events of the past few weeks. Any semblance of dignity went out the window almost as soon as the £#%&!swits started with it.

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:34 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
£#%&!ing hell what a £#%&!ing @#%&!s trick, he probably realises that its his best shot at immortality. Cant believe the way United milk the disaster, i'm totally £#%&!ed off with the events of the past few weeks. Any semblance of dignity went out the window almost as soon as the £#%&!swits started with it.
sadly, your reaction could have been predicted a year in advance, before anything had been planned. the survivors and their families, fortunately, seem to have a rather different perspective. i'll go with them rather than you, if you don't mind.

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
sadly, your reaction could have been predicted a year in advance, before anything had been planned. the survivors and their families, fortunately, seem to have a rather different perspective. i'll go with them rather than you, if you don't mind.
Right.

Unread 07-02-2008, 08:52 AM
elephantstone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
well put

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:01 AM
</forzagarza>

There's no argument that the unveilers of plaques usually have the name on the plaque but there certainly is an argument that you have someone like Gill, the chief executives name on it. If it were a business you'd try and get some minor royalty or a sportsman, if it's for charity or commemorating some thing you get people who mean something e.g. someone who has done alot for charity or been affected by illness or tragedy. I can't think of any person of sound mind wanting Gill to unveil that and have his name on except Gill himself.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:22 AM
bcred

cheers for posting this flowers,I could not believe this,even on a small pic his name is £#%&!ing huge.IF it should be there at all and thats arguable.
It should have been tiny and at the bottom.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Zorg

Can someone explain to me why Gill's name has to be on it at all?

Yes, 'unveilers' usually have their names on plaques - when it's a C-list celebrity opening a new branch of Morrisons. For tragedies, if it's not a dignitary of some sort (royalty, mayor, etc.), as far as I'm aware they usually don't bother. And rightly so. That's why this is distasteful, and I just cannot believe people are defending it. How classy would it have been for this #@&%! to say 'no wait, I'd rather not have my name on it thanks'. No names, just a memorial. Unless it's somone interesting and worthy, like perhaps Roger Byrne's son.

Failing that, if he has to have his ego massaged, why not right at the bottom in small letters?

The sad truth is, if it had AIG across it there would be people defending that, too.

And please don't use the old 'the families are okay with it' line to defend this, it doesn't work. If someone whose family member died on September 11 said those T-shirts they sell are okay, I would disagree with them.
Closed Thread