Closed Thread

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Reported.

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:02 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I went about a month ago and the vibe is just waaaay different from the heyday. There is an unstoppable drive amongst a lot of the newer support to just become bigger and established as a football club. There isn't the same spirit of protest and they are sleepwalking into becoming every other club. In ten years time it'll have completed its transition into another identikit club.

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:07 PM
Crumps

I felt it was more of an extension of United and a way to see mates and old friends on a Saturday. Now there's big dough on the horizon youve got @#%&!s who want their fingers in the pie. More and more with £#%&! all to do with United too. Someone will be beaten to death over voting to give the grounds keeper a 50p per hour raise.

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:08 PM
est.1878

chat shit get banned

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I went about a month ago and the vibe is just waaaay different from the heyday. There is an unstoppable drive amongst a lot of the newer support to just become bigger and established as a football club. There isn't the same spirit of protest and they are sleepwalking into becoming every other club. In ten years time it'll have completed its transition into another identikit club.
With all due respect, What did you think would happen?

That FC would rocket up the divisions, get a new ground and it would still be like a jolly boys outing?

You can make the ground out of all the used coke cans and railway sleepers you like, at the end of the day people want to make money and they ain't about to let a bunch of uncouth football fans stop them.

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:13 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I felt it was more of an extension of United and a way to see mates and old friends on a Saturday. Now there's big dough on the horizon youve got @#%&!s who want their fingers in the pie. More and more with £#%&! all to do with United too. Someone will be beaten to death over voting to give the grounds keeper a 50p per hour raise.
why is the groundsman a white cis male?

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:17 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
why is the groundsman a white cis male?
Moston innit.

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

That FC would rocket up the divisions, get a new ground and it would still be like a jolly boys outing?

You can make the ground out of all the used coke cans and railway sleepers you like, at the end of the day people want to make money and they ain't about to let a bunch of uncouth football fans stop them.
It would stay viciously anti glazer and horrifically left wing anti football.... ?

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It would stay viciously anti glazer and horrifically left wing anti football.... ?
that stuff soon didnt wash once there was european cup finals to go to

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
that stuff soon didnt wash once there was european cup finals to go to
....then you really don't understand FC, European finals is European final...

Loads did both, hardly know a soul who did just FC...

It's not like that.

Unread 26-02-2016, 11:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
As already said, was it ever going to be any other way?

Unread 27-02-2016, 12:15 AM
armchair

tbf punk was built on codes of conduct

Unread 27-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Mr Kaboom

It's a proposal put out for discussion and comments by the members. What eventually emerges will bear little resemblance to what was originally published. Isn't that democracy in action ?

Unread 27-02-2016, 01:37 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:

For me it was always a protest club. Now clearly when the club first formed there was a wave of people attending for their own reasons, protest, some to fill the void of a saturday afternoon after abandoning united and some whole heartedly seeing it as a new club.

In my mind it was never about anything more than protest i.e. not giving Glazer money and causing a stink at every available opportunity, refusing to move TV games for cash for example. I'd have been more than happy to kick around in the north west counties forever just making a scene. However that imperative to progress, spearheaded by ex reds who saw it as a clean break and more alarmingly non reds at all, become the driving force behind the club. United has become more and more of an afterthought.

Unread 27-02-2016, 01:38 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Reality check - The proposed CofC is a proposal, it has not been passed, all members have the right to oppose or support it as they see fit and everyone has a vote. It will or will not be adopted, based solely on the wishes of the membership - that is how member owed clubs work.

It is interesting to note that the most vocal opponents of FC are not members, are not from Manchester and are not from the communities that set it up. FC is a Manchester based community club, it has £#%&! all to do with people from London, Dorset or Ireland. Set up community clubs in your own communities and organise them in anyway you see fit - but keep your precious noses out of matters that are of no concern to you whatsoever.

Unread 27-02-2016, 01:46 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Reality check - The proposed CofC is a proposal, it has not been passed, all members have the right to oppose or support it as they see fit and everyone has a vote. It will or will not be adopted, based solely on the wishes of the membership - that is how member owed clubs work.

It is interesting to note that the most vocal opponents of FC are not from Manchester or the community that set it up. FC is a Manchester based community club, it has £#%&! all to do with people from London, Dorset or Ireland. Set up community clubs in your own communities and organise them in anyway you see fit - but keep your precious noses out of matters that are of no concern to you whatsoever.
I refer you to article 6 of paragraph 1 in your Code of Conduct.

Quote:
• be respectful when communicating on internet forums and social media and avoid posting anything that could be construed as offensive or disrespectful to fellow members or could bring the Club into disrepute;
Also paragraph 3, article 1.

Quote:
Members must ensure that club policy relating to equality and equal opportunity is followed by them at all times.
I think your comments are at odds with the club's policy of inclusion and equality by discriminating against Irish people and those from other parts of the country.

I'll be reporting you to your Dear Leader. Enjoy your ban.

Unread 27-02-2016, 01:47 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Unread 27-02-2016, 01:50 AM
Ethers

Quote:

I think your comments are at odds with the club's policy of inclusion and equality by discriminating against Irish people and those from other parts of the country.

Game, set and match sparky

Unread 27-02-2016, 02:00 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

I refer you to the following:
1. The CofC is a proposal.
2. FC is a community membership owed club
3. You are not an FC member
4. You are not a member of the Greater Manchester Community.
5. If you have such an interest in community based, membership owed clubs join one in your own community.
6. £#%&! Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Game, set and match sparky
That comment makes you as foolish as he is Hahahahahaha

Unread 27-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Ethers

There are people from London, Dorset and Ireland involved with FC, and that's a fact hahahahaha
Closed Thread