United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Camel

Default Re: Chelsea will win the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Did anyone see how Wigan tore them a new one for the first half hour? And continued to do so in the 5-10 minutes after Chelsea scored?

Arsenal, Villa, Tottenham, United and dare I say it City and Liverpool would have made the most of that spell and it would have been a totally different game.
nope. just watched a few bbc txt updates. and a bit of sky sports news

but, i'm sure i speak for quite a few when i say chelsea were an irresistible attacking force that's going to blow away the rest of the league, like hiroshima, when they do hit top gear!

Unread 22-08-2010, 02:27 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

said last year i thought they'd nick it - this year me thinks we will.

its on,,,,,,,,

Unread 22-08-2010, 08:40 AM
dunk

Arsenal started last season like a house on fire and murdered Everton 6-0 at Goodison on the opening day, that was far more impressive tbh.

Unread 22-08-2010, 09:22 AM
big chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
incidentally, one of their goals was offside, terry should have been sent off (straight red, not second yellow, for that off the ball revenge) and drogba put a player on a stetcher with a blatant foul and was not even booked. i would have punched mikel if the threw the ball over my head as well. they are a bunch of characterless @#%&!s.

let's not forget they won the league by one point (having stolen 6 off us through bad officials) and we were shit.

they will not win the league this season if we can manage to keep fletch and carrick out of the centre of defence.
Some of the officiating so far this season is worrying. I think we'll come back to this later

Unread 22-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

They'll win this one for certain. 8 points or something. They've got Ramires and Essein and score for fun.

Unread 22-08-2010, 12:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Arsenal started last season like a house on fire and murdered Everton 6-0 at Goodison on the opening day, that was far more impressive tbh.
6-1

But you always think that Arsenal will blow up at some point - they are too mentally fragile. Whatever else you say about Chelski, their physchological toughness is impressive.

Unread 22-08-2010, 01:33 PM
borsuk

you rarely see fergie's teams come charging out of the traps in august. funny that.

still, chelsea champions in august, fair enough. makes a change from the dippers, i suppose.

Unread 22-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you rarely see fergie's teams come charging out of the traps in august. funny that.

still, chelsea champions in august, fair enough. makes a change from the dippers, i suppose.
They have been really tested by west brom and wigan though, tbf.

Unread 22-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Did anyone see how Wigan tore them a new one for the first half hour? And continued to do so in the 5-10 minutes after Chelsea scored?

Arsenal, Villa, Tottenham, United and dare I say it City and Liverpool would have made the most of that spell and it would have been a totally different game.
Yet it seems to have been missed on here that Newcastle opened us up a fair few times in our first game - and that better teams will punish us.

All these 'they're only playing Wigan or West Brom' posts are a bit strange. The league isn't decided on playing the top four. Its these bread and butter games which are also highly important, and they look like they are putting away these sides with a level of ruthlessness that has been missing from our game for a few seasons now.

If it was us doing it I'm sure no one would be saying 'its just Wigan or West Brom'.

Unread 22-08-2010, 02:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Yet it seems to have been missed on here that Newcastle opened us up a fair few times in our first game - and that better teams will punish us.

All these 'they're only playing Wigan or West Brom' posts are a bit strange. The league isn't decided on playing the top four. Its these bread and butter games which are also highly important, and they look like they are putting away these sides with a level of ruthlessness that has been missing from our game for a few seasons now.

If it was us doing it I'm sure no one would be saying 'its just Wigan or West Brom'.
Actually, the ABU's and their many media friends would be doing it practically in unison. It would certainly be in stark contrast to the way some of them are jizzing over Chelski right now

So Newcastle had a couple of chances early on - thus we are doomed and shit? Is that what you are saying?? :shakehead:

At the moment they are dismantling Aston Villa, a team widely tipped for European football. There is every chance of mid-table, whereas Wigan/Brom both look bottom 5 certainties.

Any more doom you would like to offer us? You could have at least waited until after our annual defeat at Fulham later today

Unread 22-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Actually, the ABU's and their many media friends would be doing it practically in unison. It would certainly be in stark contrast to the way some of them are jizzing over Chelski right now

So Newcastle had a couple of chances early on - thus we are doomed and shit? Is that what you are saying?? :shakehead:

At the moment they are dismantling Aston Villa, a team widely tipped for European football. There is every chance of mid-table, whereas Wigan/Brom both look bottom 5 certainties.

Any more doom you would like to offer us? You could have at least waited until after our annual defeat at Fulham later today
I was talking about the reaction on here. ABU idiots don't concern me, whatever we do they will always have something bad to say. I meant that if we were dismantling relegation fodder, we (fredsters) would be impressed and would have every right to be.

I am saying that people seem keen to point out that Chelsea were playing low quality sides, yet seemed to be overly impressed with our performance against Newcastle which was far from perfect. We were good going forward but defensively it wasn't good to watch. We could also do with being more ruthless like Chelsea are being, we have seen over the last few seasons how goal difference is very important.

Unread 22-08-2010, 03:15 PM
borsuk

there's plenty more teams that will find andy carroll a handful.

pointless drawing any kind of conclusions this early tbh. we look in decent nick and we've won the first game and avoided new serious injuries pre-season/first game, both of which are pretty big pluses compared to previous seasons.
Closed Thread