United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: City's spending

the other thing to remember is that back in the day United got ahead of City at a time - early 80s ish i suppose - when if anything they were outspending 'us'. the reason City have eventual had to buy into the PL/CL cartel is because they £#%&!ed up their transfer dealings and the running of their poxy £#%&!ing club so hilariously in the past

Unread 13-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
We replaced a player with a player though, there just adding more to there squad, double standards the lot of them....
Well said,Originalhogg

Unread 13-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Sparky***

Throb explain what you mean by "favouritism" in TV revenue.

Unread 13-08-2010, 08:00 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
whoosh
Cheeky Get

Unread 13-08-2010, 08:03 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Well said,Originalhogg
Thank You Mr Hill....

Unread 13-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Bobda

Biggest spending managers.

1 Mark Hughes Man City £201,000,000 £33,750,000 £167,250,000 £111,500,000
2 Roberto Mancini Man City £90,000,000 £7,750,000 £82,250,000 £54,833,333
3 Juande Ramos Spurs £135,900,000 £82,500,000 £53,400,000 £53,400,000
4 Sven G Ericsson. Man City £45,820,000 £900,000 £44,920,000 £44,920,000
5 Jose Mourinho Chelsea £183,750,000 £49,300,000 £134,450,000 £44,816,667

Ferie has spent more than £400,000,000 on his own though, so City are merely competing on a level playing field.

Unread 13-08-2010, 08:52 PM
treme

What I don't get is, how do City think they will EVER recoup the money? That is without the ridiculous wages they are paying. Even if they won the Champions League three years in a row, it wouldn't make much difference.

Unread 13-08-2010, 08:57 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
What I don't get is, how do City think they will EVER recoup the money? That is without the ridiculous wages they are paying. Even if they won the Champions League three years in a row, it wouldn't make much difference.
sadly they don't need to

Unread 13-08-2010, 09:00 PM
treme

So the Sheikhs are doing it to, really, just boost their own image?

Unread 13-08-2010, 09:07 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
So the Sheikhs are doing it to, really, just boost their own image?
Probably to promote Abu Dhabi in some way too. Dubai, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi..all compete with each other to be THE place to be in the middle east. Countries (and Emirates) with egos.

Unread 13-08-2010, 09:15 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Probably to promote Abu Dhabi in some way too. Dubai, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi..all compete with each other to be THE place to be in the middle east. Countries (and Emirates) with egos.
yep - serious dick waving, you just hope billions of uber talent not getting picked, whining, and being paid mcsilly wages will turn into a bickerfest and he ends up getting pissed off with it.

Unread 13-08-2010, 09:20 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
yep - serious dick waving, you just hope billions of uber talent not getting picked, whining, and being paid mcsilly wages will turn into a bickerfest and he ends up getting pissed off with it.
Going to be interesting when and if Dubai invests in a team (if they have any money left after the Burj build), it will be like an arms race.

Unread 13-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Whalefish

With the money spent over the past two years they should be looking at winning the title this season. No excuses.

They've bought some very good players this Summer so a Carling Cup, for example, just isn't good enough.

Pressure's on.

Unread 13-08-2010, 10:37 PM
elephantstone

City will win the league in the next 3 years. Guts me to say it but they will

Unread 13-08-2010, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
City will win the league in the next 3 years. Guts me to say it but they will
Could, not will mate - have some faith, they're still city

But if the worst does happen, this much at least will be true - nobody, and I mean NOBODY, outside their own moronic mongish fans will respect them. Any silverware they win under the present regime will be forever tainted.......

They will never, ever, get the general approval they so obviously yearn for. And that, at least, greatly cheers me

Unread 13-08-2010, 11:30 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Could, not will mate - have some faith, they're still city

But if the worst does happen, this much at least will be true - nobody, and I mean NOBODY, outside their own moronic mongish fans will respect them. Any silverware they win under the present regime will be forever tainted.......

They will never, ever, get the general approval they so obviously yearn for. And that, at least, greatly cheers me
£#%&! me. and we call them bitter?

if they win it they win it. so £#%&!ing what. thats life. swings and roundabouts etc etc

Unread 13-08-2010, 11:34 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
£#%&! me. and we call them bitter?

if they win it they win it. so £#%&!ing what. thats life. swings and roundabouts etc etc
it's true though, the public were for a short period of time happy to see Chelsea come through, they quickly came to hate them - City and making Chelsea look conservative in their policies.

Unread 13-08-2010, 11:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Anyone seen the berties being interviewed on Sky, Usual clueless looking mongs. "Yeah he's good inne, he'll bring loads of goals." Such insight. Most of them would have probably walked past him in the street without knowing who the £#%&! he was.
It was a real 'Hills Have Eyes' moment wasn't it?...all talking up Balotelli despite the fact that not a single one of them had even seen him play
I love the way they all think they're 'big time' now

Unread 13-08-2010, 11:40 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
it's true though, the public were for a short period of time happy to see Chelsea come through, they quickly came to hate them - City and making Chelsea look conservative in their policies.
i know where you're coming from and there will always be those who are disgruntled with their spending, but you just watch sky £#%&! all over them if and when they do win something, its the perfect story for sky, the cities lesser known team, forever the runners up etc etc, mongs that watch sky will end up thinking they actually deserve any success.

I dont give a £#%&! what they win though, im resigned to it at this stage. and in a funny way id rather have them win the league in the next few years than have popped up with an unexpected cup win a few years ago.

Footballs £#%&!ed. blow all the @#%&!s up and start again.

Unread 14-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Probably a titanic moment, but apparently mancini was so desperate to land ballotelli that he offered tevez plus cash for him. Inter would have taken him but they can only have one non eu player.
Closed Thread