Pre-injury.

Some crackers towards the end.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
History

He came to OT for pre season and he's still got it. Tore us apart

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Coracao

I love the goal at 5:33 £#%&!ing great strike with his wrong foot

Not sure who it was against, knock out tie in champions league.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Coracao

The one at 6:36 vs inter is £#%&!ing mint as well.

Unread 12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Jack Duckworth

he was a fantastic player. i used to love our games v juve in the mid-late 90s. there were some absolute belters, especially at OT. giggsy always seemed to tear them a new one too.

Unread 12-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he was a fantastic player. i used to love our games v juve in the mid-late 90s. there were some absolute belters, especially at OT. giggsy always seemed to tear them a new one too.
the italian teams were offering us a king's ransom for giggsy in the mid 90s.

Unread 12-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the italian teams were offering us a king's ransom for giggsy in the mid 90s.
yeah, but that was before we became a feeder club.

Unread 12-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Unread 12-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
well yeah, THAT and the small fact he didn't want to leave.

Unread 12-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

All time favorite non-Utd player.

Would have loved him at OT.

Unread 27-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Coracao

Default Re: Season 1997/98

boom

Unread 27-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Sloane

sad to see the decline of juve. di natale turned them down the other day to stay at udinese, never would have happened in the past.

Unread 27-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
sad to see the decline of juve. di natale turned them down the other day to stay at udinese, never would have happened in the past.
He's nearly 33, i'm glad he did £#%&! them off tbh. I don't mind Juve, don't wanna see them signing players who are almost finished

Unread 27-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Coracao

They've now £#%&!ed diego off too. Quite a failure that one.

Unread 27-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
He's nearly 33, i'm glad he did £#%&! them off tbh. I don't mind Juve, don't wanna see them signing players who are almost finished
he was top scorer last year wouldnt say hes nearly finished

they are desperately short in most areas now so they need to plan for now instead of long term for now. they couldnt bring giovinco through properley either.

krasic is a decent buy but letting diego go as well, they seem to be going backwards.

loved that 97/98 team

zidane
del piero
deschamps
davids (gave a great press conf for palace the other day)
di livio
conte
inzaghi

Unread 27-08-2010, 11:00 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Season 1997/98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
All time favorite non-Utd player.

Would have loved him at OT.
I'd take him now. Anything's got to be better then Owen.

Love Del Piero tbh

Unread 27-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
he was top scorer last year wouldnt say hes nearly finished

they are desperately short in most areas now so they need to plan for now instead of long term for now. they couldnt bring giovinco through properley either.

krasic is a decent buy but letting diego go as well, they seem to be going backwards.

loved that 97/98 team

zidane
del piero
deschamps
davids (gave a great press conf for palace the other day)
di livio
conte
inzaghi
I don't think signing players who are almost 33 is the way forward, but there you go.

It will be interesting to see how Krasic does. He isn't a kid, so he needs to hit the ground running really if he is to make an impression at Juve.

Diego doesn't really fit into Del Neri's system, and I don't think he had a particularly impressive first season.

Will be interesting to see how he does;

Quote:

Gigi Delneri, Juventus

Another crack at managing a ‘big’ club for a manager who has been tremendously successful at clubs with slightly lower ambitions. Delneri (not Del Neri) made his name with Chievo, guiding them to promotion to Serie A for the first time in their history, and fifth place in their debut season in 2001/02. More recently, he took Sampdoria to fourth place last season. Between that, however, he had two unhappy spells when given the responsbility of managing clubs with title ambitions. In 2004 he replaced Jose Mourinho at Porto, but was sacked before the season had even started. He then took the Roma job, but only lasted six months. Delneri has a distinctive way of playing – generally favouring a 4-4-2 / 4-2-2-2 system, with a focus on attacking, pacey wingers – so taking over a club distinctly lacking in that area last season will be a big challenge. He’s sounded ambitious so far, saying, “We want to reinforce our Italian brand through serious politics on youth players, and as well as this the team wants to win instantly.”
I think Juve will be the club to break Inter's dominance. Would be surprised if it was this season though, as they look well short.

Unread 27-08-2010, 11:04 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't think signing players who are almost 33 is the way forward, but there you go.

It will be interesting to see how Krasic does. He isn't a kid, so he needs to hit the ground running really if he is to make an impression at Juve.

Diego doesn't really fit into Del Neri's system, and I don't think he had a particularly impressive first season.

Will be interesting to see how he does;

I think Juve will be the club to break Inter's dominance. Would be surprised if it was this season though, as they look well short.
i hope they do, when do they move to the new ground? that will only help
plus i just think signing proving serie a players no matter how old for now is the way forward as they need to get back into the champions league and bring in extra revenue and then build a team for a few years. just my idea anyway

Unread 27-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Coracao

Supposed to be ready for next season.

http://juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_ph...=images_gid_12

Unread 27-08-2010, 11:25 AM
MrBishi

If we're talking anything from 97-98...

Before everything went wrong
Closed Thread