United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-08-2010, 02:52 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: I've been volunteered to help coach my son's football team

If any parent wanted to stitch me up, I'd be quite content for them to do so...then they can do the job and I'll go back to contentedly watching from the sidelines.

Unread 26-08-2010, 02:55 PM
no fun

Default Re: I've been volunteered to help coach my son's football team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
If any parent wanted to stitch me up, I'd be quite content for them to do so...then they can do the job and I'll go back to contentedly watching from the sidelines.
sadly, this often happens

Unread 26-08-2010, 02:57 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Have you been on the FA Safeguarding course yet? It covers all this on that course.

Unread 26-08-2010, 03:00 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Have you been on the FA Safeguarding course yet? It covers all this on that course.
Been mentioned, as has the ficial coaching badges. I'm only No.2 though, so I dunno whether the club will pay for 2 of us to do them. Whatevs.

Unread 26-08-2010, 03:02 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Been mentioned, as has the ficial coaching badges. I'm only No.2 though, so I dunno whether the club will pay for 2 of us to do them. Whatevs.
You have to do the safeguarding course and the full CRB check. The course is broing as £#%&!.

Unread 27-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Argentina

Don't get a whistle, unless you're going to be a referee. You're not a drill sargeant for £#%&!'s sake. Obviously there's no such thing as never and no such thing as always. The key is to use your voice and vary it to be expressive. You want the kids to get used to your voice and respond to your voice in positive ways.

What happens when you don't have a whistle?

The key with coaching is personality. If you are enthusiastic and know what you're doing you're doing you'll be fine. Proof of this is the fact that 2 people can do the same session and people react totally different to it.
Closed Thread