United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2016, 10:18 AM
TheFatGoth

Default Rob Beasley - "the sports journalist who knows better than anyone what makes Jose Mourinho tick"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-disgrace.html

Quote:
The war of words between the pair actually became physical on Arsenal's next visit to the Bridge, October 5, 2014. Chelsea won 2–0 but the game is best remembered for an angry shoving match between the managers on the touchline.

I asked Jose what had happened and he revealed: 'He was asking for a red card and pressing the ref in my technical area. I told him to go back to his area. He pushed me.

'I told him, "Here you do that, you know I can't react, but I will meet you one day in the street".' Now I don't think Jose was ever serious about having fisticuffs with the Frenchman, he was just huffing and puffing and letting off steam.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion, even though an article for me with Jose saying, 'Let's sort this out in the street, Arsene' would have been huge.
Quote:
Mourinho raged to me: ‘Courtois to play is a joke but the biggest joke is (we) play Liverpool on the Sunday.

Then he turned on his old enemies, the FA, and their latest punishment: ‘I don’t accept the decision. I don’t pay.

‘I fight the decision and I kill the guys there.

‘They want to f*** me and they do.

‘Old guys, don’t have a clue about football. I told them that they are a disgrace.'
Quote:
It's not often you witness Jose Mourinho totally lost for words. Normally he'll talk football with you all day long and even when he's not addressing his favourite subject, he's often the joker, full of banter, telling funny stories and playing pranks. Usually there's never a dull moment.

However, on this particular day, even he was momentarily stumped for something to say.

That's the effect Jennifer Aniston had.
Quote:
Jose Mourinho wants to be acknowledged as the best at any opportunity. Which is why, in December 2014, he was convinced there must have been a deliberate campaign against him over the Manager of the Month award.

Mourinho had the hump because he'd missed out again and this time he decided to react. He asked: 'Do me a favour, try to (find out) who decides that s*** Manager of the Month.

Unread 23-09-2016, 10:53 AM
Cream

Quote:
Do me a favour, try to (find out) who decides that s*** Manager of the Month

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:34 AM
dunk

Talking about generation snowflake, ffs Mourinho is so £#%&!ing sensitive..

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He always has been. That's how you get teams of players wanting to run through walls for him. The flip side of that of course is that he invests a lot emotionally in the team and feels betrayed when they don't do what he says.

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:43 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
They £#%&!ing all are

Fergie would sell you if you sneezed during a team talk ffs
Wenger has been constantly whinging and crying since he arrived in 96
Benitez is so sensitive, he comfort eats his way into obesity
Baldy had to take time out of the game because he was "worn out"

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Buck

Very insecure man.

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Very insecure man.
He does start a lot of shit threads doesn't he, definitely compensating for something.....

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Coracao

Where has this 'snowflake' stuff come from ? The latest buzzword on here, or in general use?

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
He does start a lot of shit threads doesn't he, definitely compensating for something.....

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Where has this 'snowflake' stuff come from ? The latest buzzword on here, or in general use?
Jesus, old man. Suggest you start googling 'virtue signaling' and get with the programme.

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He always has been. That's how you get teams of players wanting to run through walls for him. The flip side of that of course is that he invests a lot emotionally in the team and feels betrayed when they don't do what he says.
Basically, he's a bit of a bitch

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:59 AM
saffers

Quote:
Basically, he's a bit of a bitch
Just like you

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Comparisons with Fergie always well off and that's one of the reasons. Fergie could get angry when he wanted, but generally he was in control. Mourinho is just an emotional time bomb. As Sparky says, that helped him create almost teammate like relationships with his players at Chelsea and Inter. It was less effective in Madrid.

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:03 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It is a thing. Fuzzles (where he btw) linked up a blog on here about it a few months ago which has popularised the term on Fred.

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Alan

Quote:

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Comparisons with Fergie always well off and that's one of the reasons. Fergie could get angry when he wanted, but generally he was in control. Mourinho is just an emotional time bomb. As Sparky says, that helped him create almost teammate like relationships with his players at Chelsea and Inter. It was less effective in Madrid.
Agree. He creates a siege mentality like Fergie but that's where the comparison ends. Fergie made us the side everyone wants to knock off. Mourinho wants to be the underdog (which was laughable at times due to the quality and spend of his teams). Only so long you can be the underdogs. Eventually people expect you to approach things like champions which included his players.

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Agree. He creates a siege mentality like Fergie but that's where the comparison ends. Fergie made us the side everyone wants to knock off. Mourinho wants to be the underdog (which was laughable at times due to the quality and spend of his teams). Only so long you can be the underdogs. Eventually people expect you to approach things like champions which included his players.
Interesting.

Would help explain his short shelf life at clubs. Zorg could learn a lot from you.

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yes, I do think Mourinho prefers the underdog role and it didn't sit well with a few at Madrid.

He's just also, for all his meticulous planning, just more volatile and emotional. Remember Fergie after Rafa's facts rant? Just washed his hands of it and left it alone. Job done. No need to keep going. Mourinho would have started insulting Benitez's wife

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:16 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes, I do think Mourinho prefers the underdog role and it didn't sit well with a few at Madrid.

He's just also, for all his meticulous planning, just more volatile and emotional. Remember Fergie after Rafa's facts rant? Just washed his hands of it and left it alone. Job done. No need to keep going. Mourinho would have started insulting Benitez's wife
Surely not Montse?!

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

the pressure is on him atm, nqat. i think he's lost something like 11 out of his last 21 competitive games as a manager. unprecedented for him, but you would back somebody with his experience and record to turn it around.

i just wish he looked a bit happier. cheer up jose, pal
Closed Thread