United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2007, 03:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

I do think it'd be sensible to try and keep him around in some capacity if possible, preferably in a role finding new young talent. He is world class at this I think.

Unread 15-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Agreed, I think it'd be a nonsense to appoint someone with such a sparse amount of management experience. Look at Hughesy against him, 5 years an international manager and 3 years building a quality Blackburn side and a lot of people think he hasn't the experience.
I think some folk have a problem with Hughes' style of play and they'll remind you that United play wonderful football with Queiroz as assistant. And they do, but they played great attacking football in 94 and 99.
Whoever comes in, I'd like CQ to remain as assistant, because he does have a good influence but like you say, that's probably because he's a good coach, but there's no evidence to say he's a good manager. Imo anyway.

Unread 15-11-2007, 03:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I think some folk have a problem with Hughes' style of play and they'll remind you that United play wonderful football with Queiroz as assistant. And they do, but they played great attacking football in 94 and 99.
Whoever comes in, I'd like CQ to remain as assistant, because he does have a good influence but like you say, that's probably because he's a good coach, but there's no evidence to say he's a good manager. Imo anyway.
I'm not sure why Hughes has such a bad name in terms of the football he plays. As I've said before he's a pragmatist, he played good attacking football with Wales as he had no defence. With Blackburn, they were a mess when he got there so he turned them into a tough physical side to grind out results 'til he got more quality in, now he has they are playing with 2 forwards and 2 genuine widemen and doing well, can't see an issue. Maybe you could criticise them for being over-physical, you could if you forgot about that great '94 he played in for us.

Unread 15-11-2007, 05:40 PM
legendary saf

I have no doubts he will take over fulltime.

I was listening to the game podcast from timesonline and Balague was doing an interview with Pique - he was saying how Queiroz is the one who does most of the work in the training ground, it does really look like he's being primed for this one when the greatest manager ever calls it a day.

I personally don't mind, Queiroz has earnt a crack at it - continuity and all that jazz.
Closed Thread