United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
wee man

Default Re: any of you still supporting England, consider this.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
its July 11th, 9.15pm in South Africa, and by some fluke England have just won the world cup

stevie £#%&!ing gerard is about to lift the trophy

now consider this

for the rest of your life that jury rigging, diving, excess forehead skin, scouse @#%&! will be on magazine covers, chat shows, football panels, tributes to "THE BOYS OF 2010", adverts for pizzas, and every 4 years he will be in your £#%&!ing living room for 4 weeks solid.

do you really want that ?

some of the cockney gawd bless the queen mum ronnie and reggie lambeth wig walk @#%&!s might, but surely any self respecting red can appreciate the horror of that @#%&! becoming a national treasure.

lets hope the @#%&!s dont get past the qualifying rounds
So by that - if it had been say Gary Neville as Captain you'd have been right behind your country wouldn't you ?

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
For the very simple reason that we are NOWHERE NEAR good enough
Maybe, but I don't see an outstanding International team.

I think they're all much of a muchness. Apart from Messi & Rooney there isn't a 'great' player that I'm looking forward to watching on that stage. There isn't a great Brazilian in my opinion, certainly nothing to match a Zico, Eder or Socrates anyway...Italy don't have a Baggio or a Rossi. Spain's squad is full of wall-pushers & @#%&!s like Fabregas.
France are a basketcase of a squad, but I hope Pat has a good showing.

I'd love Nani to upstage Ronaldo ...I don't think Ronnie scored a single goal in Portugal's qualifying campaign did he??

I guess when push comes to shove I'll be wanting England to win it, but they don't keep possession of the ball very well tbf.

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Maybe, but I don't see an outstanding International team.

I think they're all much of a muchness. Apart from Messi & Rooney there isn't a 'great' player that I'm looking forward to watching on that stage. There isn't a great Brazilian in my opinion, certainly nothing to match a Zico, Eder or Socrates anyway...Italy don't have a Baggio or a Rossi. Spain's squad is full of wall-pushers & @#%&!s like Fabregas.
France are a basketcase of a squad, but I hope Pat has a good showing.

I'd love Nani to upstage Ronaldo ...I don't think Ronnie scored a single goal in Portugal's qualifying campaign did he??

I guess when push comes to shove I'll be wanting England to win it, but they don't keep possession of the ball very well tbf.
spain's squad is £#%&!ing awesome.

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Great keeper, midfield & strikers ..not sure about their defence.
I won't enjoy watching them though - Torres, Alonso, Fabregas etc..

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:25 PM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Granted butbbit on short side and can't play their best two strikers together and overreliance on central midfielders to the detriment of real width.

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Spiffy

If we win the world cup with Gerrard as captain, he'll get a knighthood. I reckon Rooney would too. I love Rooney more than I hate Gerrard, so should you lot.

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If we win the world cup with Gerrard as captain, he'll get a knighthood. I reckon Rooney would too. I love Rooney more than I hate Gerrard, so should you lot.
I hate knighthoods more than I love Rooney tbh

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
So by that - if it had been say Gary Neville as Captain you'd have been right behind your country wouldn't you ?

as I had already stated earlier, I am anti - england and wouldnt have wanted them to win whoever was captain

just thought that others may join me with gerard as skipper

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
mindscratch

Default This is all very amusing (in a #@&%!ed child sense)

Everybody can relax because there is no way that England will win the World Cup.

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: This is all very amusing (in a #@&%!ed child sense)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindscratch
Everybody can relax because there is no way that England will win the World Cup.

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
MUFC One Love

Seeing Gerrard lifting it would not be as bad as Terry lifting it. At least Gerrard is just a regular Northern lad even though he's a Scouse @#%&!. But imagine that £#%&!ing cockney 'lion heart' Terry lifting it. He'd milk it, I don't think Gerrard would. Gerrard will just play in the tournament and would lift it in a 'vice captain' type way if they did win it, but if Terry got the armband back he'd love it and make it all about him trying to get Bobby Moore type recognition.

To this day him missing that penalty in Moscow makes me smile. The biggest moment of his career, a chance to win the European Cup for a London club...and he steps up adjusting his captains armband, and misses.

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Coracao

Talking Re: any of you still supporting England, consider this.......

Someone milking lifting the world cup. Perish the thought

Unread 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Seeing Gerrard lifting it would not be as bad as Terry lifting it. At least Gerrard is just a regular Northern lad even though he's a Scouse @#%&!. But imagine that £#%&!ing cockney 'lion heart' Terry lifting it. He'd milk it, I don't think Gerrard would. Gerrard will just play in the tournament and would lift it in a 'vice captain' type way if they did win it, but if Terry got the armband back he'd love it and make it all about him trying to get Bobby Moore type recognition.

To this day him missing that penalty in Moscow makes me smile. The biggest moment of his career, a chance to win the European Cup for a London club...and he steps up adjusting his captains armband, and misses.
Can't really argue with any of that tbf.

Unread 05-06-2010, 04:10 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Someone milking lifting the world cup. Perish the thought
Nothing wrong with milking lifting a trophy, but Terry would make it all about himself, the overrated donkey. Where as with someone like Gerrard they'd just be lifting the trophy and he'd do it in a 'vice captain' type way. Terry though...he'd think he's a legend. Didn't Terry say a year or 2 ago he'd love to serve in the army and fight for his country?

I'd be £#%&!ing insulted if I was in Afghanistan and heard him say that.

Let's see how 'world class' he is at the World Cup.

Unread 05-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

people make a lot too much of being england captain. who gives a £#%&! who's the captain in this current group anyway? has there ever been a group of more pampered and grossly overpaid nonentities? none of them are worthy of sharing the lofty perch of Bobby Moore.

surely the reason that image of Moore is so iconic anyway has a lot to do with it coming from a different time, more than 50 (forty) years ago. and surely a big part of the reason people are troubled by a possible image of terry or gerrard holding the cup aloft now is because the only way they could avoid constantly seeing it would be by having to cut off their media dripfeed.

Unread 05-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Nothing wrong with milking lifting a trophy, but Terry would make it all about himself, the overrated donkey. Where as with someone like Gerrard they'd just be lifting the trophy and he'd do it in a 'vice captain' type way. Terry though...he'd think he's a legend. Didn't Terry say a year or 2 ago he'd love to serve in the army and fight for his country?

I'd be £#%&!ing insulted if I was in Afghanistan and heard him say that.

Let's see how 'world class' he is at the World Cup.
I doubt lads in the army would be insulted by someone who said they would like to represent their country.

I don't really buy into the rest of your post either tbh.

Unread 05-06-2010, 04:24 PM
wiganste

http://www.skysports.com/football/wo...192162,00.html

Read the comments

Unread 05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Shows that there are some stupid people who watch football. What's new.

For a team who struggle to keep the ball, losing your best ball playing centre back, a player who pushes the team up the pitch, is quite a significant loss. And that's without taking into account his defensive abilities.

Unread 05-06-2010, 04:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Quote:
Stu Watts (Southampton fan) says...
Yes Rio. You are cursed. £120k a week while the country rots in recession. life must be so tragic for you.

Unread 05-06-2010, 04:32 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Shows that there are some stupid people who watch football. What's new.

For a team who struggle to keep the ball, losing your best ball playing centre back, a player who pushes the team up the pitch, is quite a significant loss. And that's without taking into account his defensive abilities.
Not arguing with that but if it had been another player that didn't play for United, they'd be getting every supporters sympathy.
Closed Thread