United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2010, 04:18 PM
TreeFiddy

Default Re: Modric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
correct. having said that i am pleased hes staying at spurs, we would have had to pay £35m for him and until he adds goals to his game i dont think hes worth that.
I'm shocked

Unread 30-05-2010, 04:24 PM
ScarFace

Carrick isn't shit, he just isn't anything, he's a non entity of a player.

Berbatov though is just £#%&!.

So i couldn't give a £#%&! what Spurs players do aslong as they stay away from here

Unread 30-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Agreed - wtf has this @#%&! done for us?

Whopper.
Yes because that's what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
He's a wum, Charlers.
As per usual, you come out with the same old tired guff just because I don't agree with you. You rate a player, I don't, therefore I'm a WUM/city fan/add braindead 'I can't come up with a counter argument so I'll insult his credentials' comment here.

Yawn.

Unread 30-05-2010, 06:45 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Miss out on the first choice this summer too and go for a free transfer again....
well known first choice, fergie has hardly shut up about it all year

Unread 30-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Switching Off

Why doint we just buy Spurs? Then we could have Lennon, King, Modric, Crouch and Pavluychencko. And Dawson would be a good bewnch player.

Unread 30-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Why doint we just buy Spurs? Then we could have Lennon, King, Modric, Crouch and Pavluychencko. And Dawson would be a good bewnch player.
wouldnt take pav

Unread 30-05-2010, 06:49 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Modric

Good stuff.

Unread 30-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Good stuff.
You must be a WUM. How can you not agree with micro#@&%!?

Unread 30-05-2010, 10:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Good player, at times £#%&!ing excellent, but not really what we need imo.

Plus, this may seem odd, but I'm not always in favour of weakening rival teams, especially ones that could take points off our title rivals. If you just keep buying the best players from all the other teams in your league, it weakens the league as a whole. Scotland, Spain and Italy being prime examples. I know it has to be done from time to time, but it should be kept to a minimum, imo.

Unread 30-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Camel

Quote:
Plus, this may seem odd, but I'm not always in favour of weakening rival teams, especially ones that could take points off our title rivals. If you just keep buying the best players from all the other teams in your league, it weakens the league as a whole. Scotland, Spain and Italy being prime examples. I know it has to be done from time to time, but it should be kept to a minimum, imo.
but it's inevitable with the homegrown player rule.

Unread 30-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

Unread 30-05-2010, 10:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
I just find it lazy to go and sign the best players or form players from the teams just below you in your league all the time. As Chelsea did with SWP and Parker amongst others, and City are currently doing with Joleon Lescott and attempting to do with James Milner. It's shitty imo and doesn't really work. Just weakens one team and stunts the player signed in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
but it's inevitable with the homegrown player rule.
I know. They are hoping it will increase player production, it won't.

Unread 30-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Camel

Quote:
I know. They are hoping it will increase player production, it won't.
i'm not against the principle at all, but you just know what will happen; clubs will go for percieved instant financial gains rather than long term stability. the richest clubs will get even stronger in their respective leagues.

Unread 30-05-2010, 11:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
i'm not against the principle at all, but you just know what will happen; clubs will go for percieved instant financial gains rather than long term stability. the richest clubs will get even stronger in their respective leagues.
I agree with the idea, it probably should be a bit more strict though. Rather than 'Home grown' players that must've been at the club since before the age of 16.

Would be a bit harsh bringing that in straight off the bat though, they will probably have to build up to it.

You are right, the clamour to purchase any young player showing any kind of ability or promise who has been in the country for a couple of years will be ridiculous and result in the richest clubs picking off the talent from all the other clubs in the league, leading to a situation not unlike the one in Scotland at present.

And we are no longer one of the richest clubs so....

Unread 31-05-2010, 12:01 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Was dunk saying 'good stuff' about your 'Carrick is shit' post or just about Modric staying at Spurs?

Silly @#%&!.

Unread 31-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Sparky***

Oh no.

I'm devastated.

Unread 31-05-2010, 12:09 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Was dunk saying 'good stuff' about your 'Carrick is shit' post or just about Modric staying at Spurs?

Silly @#%&!.
Modric staying at Spurs.

Love Carrick tbh.

Unread 31-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Camel

Quote:
And we are no longer one of the richest clubs so....
well imo, to start, we need to open a fertility clinic in são paulo. extract embryos from the women and ship them back to carrington. which we convert into a state of the art genetic laboratory. then fuse the eggs with the spermatazoa, we undoubtably have in cold storage, of gary neville, paul scholes and ryan giggs. for starters.

Unread 31-05-2010, 12:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
well imo, to start, we need to open a fertility clinic in são paulo. extract embryos from the women and ship them back to carrington. which we convert into a state of the art genetic laboratory. then fuse the eggs with the spermatazoa, we undoubtably have in cold storage, of gary neville, paul scholes and ryan giggs. for starters.
Forward thinking. I like it.

Of course, in my musings over players at the club since 16, the absurd hour and a half rule would be £#%&!ed off.

Unread 31-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Camel

Quote:
Forward thinking. I like it.

Of course, in my musings over players at the club since 16, the absurd hour and a half rule would be £#%&!ed off.
how long would you like it to be?
Closed Thread