United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2010, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: We're in the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You use far too many smilies for a grown man. Also, how do you know this about SAF? All we have to go on is history and he's backed them every time, he's gone out of his way to back them. Never has he said he doesn't get involved in that side of the business and they should ask David Gill, he specifically praises the Glazers. SAF walking is just wishful thinking by people on here. He's had plenty of opportunities to distance himself from them and he hasn't taken them.
Because he still thinks he can see them off without them totally wrecking everything he has built - is that so hard to see?

You hate Ferguson, we all know this. Give it a rest, it's getting tedious.

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:03 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Because he still thinks he can see them off without them totally wrecking everything he has built - is that so hard to see?

TS is right on this one fergie has done £#%&! all about them, thats not to say he has to but to take the stance that fergie is helpless is %@#$&!s

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
TS is right on this one fergie has done £#%&! all about them, thats not to say he has to but to take the stance that fergie is helpless is %@#$&!s
Where did I say he was "helpless" then??

He has chosen to support the Glazers this far, yes. That is because he thinks that is the best way of keeping the club he has built afloat - it was a pragmatic decision. So if the gimps *were* to sell Rooney this summer and do £#%&! all to replace him - as the doomsters on here now seem utterly convinced will happen, though God knows why - do you really think he would just say "Three bags full sir - I'll just stand by and watch us become the next Leeds??"

When he said a few months ago that WR would not, under ANY circumstances, leave United this summer, he knew exactly what he was doing IMO. He chose his words carefully, as he often does.

Now let's stop trying to out-doom each other FFS

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:17 PM
MUFC One Love

I can't see Rooney being here in 2 years. Genuinely.

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Spiffy

Quote:

Well that's a lie.

Several years ago when SAF seemed more interested in his horses, when Chelsea played us off the pitch after walking to the league, when we'd gone something like 7 years without ever looking likely to win the EC then yes, I thought it was time he moved on. He'd brought in some shite players and it looked like his best days were behind him. Many people shared the same view.

Since then he's turned the transitional time into a winning team and he seems to have got his hunger back. I admitted he'd proved me wrong and since then I've said nothing negative about him.

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:22 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I can't see Rooney being here in 2 years. Genuinely.
i can't see the glazers being here in two years. as soon as a big enough offer comes in they'll be off imo.

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

what if ferguson actually thinks that the current ownership is the best he's ever worked for at United?

critics of the regime just can't seem to even consider this possibility. the normal response is that that shows he's insane. they say that this really quite well off and successful man is only doing it for the money.

incredible really isn't it. imagine it, he actually thinks it's the best ownership he's worked for.

what the £#%&! would he know about it?

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Well that's a lie
Well OK Sniffs, maybe that was putting it a bit strongly. But you do seem awfully willing to believe the worst of him

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:42 PM
ScarFace

Who cares anymore. 99% of the mongs are renewing.

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Who cares anymore. 99% of the mongs are renewing.
what a load of %@#$&!s

99% of the mongs haven't got season tickets

Unread 29-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Arnold Muhren

Depressing stuff all round. Its full blown civil war on the other place, they've even let that @#%&! Tufty back on

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Depressing stuff all round. Its full blown civil war on the other place, they've even let that @#%&! Tufty back on

That's one of the worst things about all this, it's turned fans against each other. The Glazer's must be pissing themselves. If we're spending all our time fighting with each other, they get an easy ride.

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:12 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what if ferguson actually thinks that the current ownership is the best he's ever worked for at United?

critics of the regime just can't seem to even consider this possibility. the normal response is that that shows he's insane. they say that this really quite well off and successful man is only doing it for the money.

incredible really isn't it. imagine it, he actually thinks it's the best ownership he's worked for.

what the £#%&! would he know about it?
The concept of free thinking is fine in theory but you consistently put it into practice badly.

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:13 PM
red in cumbria

Even I think that Throb was on a bit of a wum there

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:16 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I think out of all of them, he's the @#%&! I'd like to punch in the face most.Glazer and sons are parasites, £#%&!ing vile @#%&!s, but they're not coming out every two minutes saying that 'all is well' etc.

Gill is like £#%&!ing rent-a-quote on behalf of the @#%&!s.It's like "Yes, we're minted, the Glazers are great and if you dont believe me, you're not really a United fan."

The @#%&! should've been a politician.
looking at that post, you would think fergie has completely kept quiet about glazers. he has been like gill, rent a quote about glazers. Every £#%&!ing time he has had chance, even without any questions/provocations, he goes and says glazers are the best blah blah.

if you think gill is a @#%&!, I can't see how you can think differently of gill?

Or that like fergie, you must believe that gill also genuinely thinks this is the best ownership united have had and are much better than being PLC.

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
looking at that post, you would think fergie has completely kept quiet about glazers. he has been like gill, rent a quote about glazers. Every £#%&!ing time he has had chance, even without any questions/provocations, he goes and says glazers are the best blah blah.

if you think gill is a @#%&!, I can't see how you can think differently of gill?

Or that like fergie, you must believe that gill also genuinely thinks this is the best ownership united have had and are much better than being PLC.
Well, I can't remember him ever mentioning them unless he has been asked. Happy to be corrected, as ever

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:22 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Well, I can't remember him ever mentioning them unless he has been asked. Happy to be corrected, as ever
he did, just recently. can't be bothered to dig it up though.

But neither does gill reply on his own until someone asks him question on glazers or G&G

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Even I think that Throb was on a bit of a wum there
not at all

people have made up their mind for whatever reason and subsequently many haven't offered an objective view of anything Gill or Ferguson have said on the subject for a long time now

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Charlestown Rouge

A club email to executive members seen by the Guardian said: "If you do not renew your Old Trafford executive facility for the forthcoming 2010-11 season before the renewal deadline of 31 May, your facility will automatically be released to the seasonal hospitality waiting list." The email said this is now a "matter of urgency".

Bullshit.

No such mail was ever sent.

Edit. Aye aye - It landed 25 minutes ago. Even better it came from a local girl

Nicola Temple-Heald
Head of Client Relations

And I have a voice mail from some @#%&! called Duncan asking me what my "intentions" are. Cheeky.

Unread 29-05-2010, 05:39 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'd say we'd have a great chance of finding a wealthy buyer(s).There's been talk of Chinese consortiums etc and for high profile, there aren't many higher.Someone will always see the value in owning United.The biggest supported club in world football with nobody willing to step in as and when? I'd bet there's already people weighing up the right bid to get rid of the Glazers.It just seems the Red Knights had a certain amount of cash that they couldn't/wouldn't go above.There'll be others though, I'm sure (praying) of it.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when the fans are left hoping some awful Arab prince or dubious business men from the Far East buy us. But there you go.
Closed Thread