United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Sullingtons

Default Re: James Milner

Ferie hasn't watched Chico yet as the bandwidth on the carrington server is getting upgraded.

Unread 25-05-2010, 12:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
Ferie hasn't watched Chico yet as the bandwidth on the carrington server is getting upgraded.
phelan reckoned he was the fastest striker he'd ever seen. box to box in two frames.

Unread 25-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
phelan reckoned he was the fastest striker he'd ever seen. box to box in two frames.
Phelan still uses ICQ to talk to McClair.

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Sparky***

"England struggle against team who pass the ball well shocker"

Always going to be the case. Such is the way we teach football in this country, we don't know any other way apart from "thud n blunder". Keeping control of the tempo of a game and making the other team work to get the ball back is a totally alien concept to most english players.

As soon as we get the ball back we look straight for the most direct forward pass or look to drop the ball behind the back 4 straight away. It's been the same pretty much ever since i started watching england. The total lack of composure on the ball in the middle of the park yesterday was shocking. Carrick really is fast turning into the most limp-wristed waster of a footballer. Utterly useless.

Obviously most of the players would have been playing in 2nd gear last night, nobody was ever going to risk pulling a muscle or coming off 2nd best in a tackle. But the lack of concentration and sloppiness at times was worrying.

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"England struggle against team who pass the ball well shocker"

Always going to be the case. Such is the way we teach football in this country, we don't know any other way apart from "thud n blunder". Keeping control of the tempo of a game and making the other team work to get the ball back is a totally alien concept to most english players.

As soon as we get the ball back we look straight for the most direct forward pass or look to drop the ball behind the back 4 straight away. It's been the same pretty much ever since i started watching england. The total lack of composure on the ball in the middle of the park yesterday was shocking. Carrick really is fast turning into the the most limp-wristed waster of a footballer. Utterly useless.

Obviously most of the players would have been playing in 2nd gear last night, nobody was ever going to risk pulling a muscle or coming off 2nd best in a tackle. But the lack of concentration and sloppiness at times was worrying.
bit harsh isnt it?

he is lacking in confidence - he has been mismanaged.

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm kind of hoping he is dropped from the squad so he can have a good rest away from football and come back for a full pre-season schedule, get his confidence back up.
Would rather get him in the shop window tbf.

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
bit harsh isnt it?

he is lacking in confidence - he has been mismanaged.
Maybe I'm being hard, but i've lost patience with him to be honest.

He never was a 'ball winner' or the most dynamic midfielder, but he had a £#%&!ing awesome eye for a pass. Now even that seems to have abandoned him and he seems to spend most of the time passing it sideways or just giving it back to the opposition and allowing them to saunter past him.

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

It seems the opposition know how to play him now. Just mark him and he panics. Needs a Scholes beside him.

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:31 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

He never was a 'ball winner' or the most dynamic midfielder, but he had a £#%&!ing awesome eye for a pass. Now even that seems to have abandoned him and he seems to spend most of the time passing it sideways or just giving it back to the opposition and allowing them to saunter past him.
I admit his performance levels have certainly dropped but I honestly think his confidence is hot to pieces.

I can see why people were frustrated with him towards the end of the season (before he got dropped) but he still has a future at the club imo. Obviously one reason being that we cannot afford to buy an adequate replacement but I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being at least.

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Baron

Quote:

0% of tackles won last night apparently. There's mincey, and there's taking the piss for a central midfielder. His best attribute in a defensive sense is his anticipation & then intercepting. Allows you to retain the ball better, but you still need to put your £#%&!ing foot in.

Was he playing against TravellingRed ?

Unread 25-05-2010, 01:36 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I admit his performance levels have certainly dropped but I honestly think his confidence is hot to pieces.

I can see why people were frustrated with him towards the end of the season (before he got dropped) but he still has a future at the club imo. Obviously one reason being that we cannot afford to buy an adequate replacement but I for one will give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being at least.
People have short memories parters

Unread 25-05-2010, 02:11 PM
rafabio

Thumbs up Re: James Milner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
People have short memories parters
spot on imo. People seem to have forgotten that he has been shit for well over a season.

Unread 25-05-2010, 02:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
0% of tackles won last night apparently. There's mincey, and there's taking the piss for a central midfielder. His best attribute in a defensive sense is his anticipation & then intercepting. Allows you to retain the ball better, but you still need to put your £#%&!ing foot in.

Was he playing against TravellingRed ?
I distinctly recall him making a great recovering tackle on the edge of his own area, preventing a Mexican from getting a shot off, playing it against the Mexican and getting a goal kick.

The lad is the current favourite scapegoat. OK, great.

Unread 25-05-2010, 02:19 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
spot on imo. People seem to have forgotten that he has been shit for well over a season.
Well at least you're here to put everyone straight you £#%&!ing #@&%!

Unread 25-05-2010, 02:25 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

The carrick and hargo signings were like a ticket for the trip down the yellow brick road - one has no heart and the other no knees........

Unread 25-05-2010, 02:27 PM
red in cumbria

So who is the one with no brain??

Unread 25-05-2010, 02:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So who is the one with no brain??
Anderson

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:03 PM
borsuk

not sure what possible evidence anyone could have for carrick being mismanaged. he's badly out of form, it happens.

Unread 25-05-2010, 03:06 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not sure what possible evidence anyone could have for carrick being mismanaged. he's badly out of form, it happens.
HA HA HA.

You think Carrick is OUT OF FORUM?!!!!!!!!!!!

Football expert? Silly old fool more like.

Closed Thread