Ginners

Default Re: England v Mexico @ 8pm ITV1

ffs, vela starts ahead of our new singing hes hardly had a sniff at arsenal

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:37 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
off the top of my head, Following the Norman conquest of England after 1066, the arms of the House of Normandy were used in England, two golden lions on a red field. The succession of King Henry II of the House of Plantagenet in 1158 saw the first known arms of an English monarch used, a golden lion on a red field.[2]

When King Richard I ("The Lionheart") came to the throne he first adopted his personal arms of two lions rampant on a red field, however by the end of his life he had adopted a shield with three lions passant, on a red field.[1][2] The origin of the third lion is unclear.[3] According to one tradition, the extra lion was added to two existing Norman lions to represent the combined Anglo-Norman realm. According to another tradition the two leopards were combined with the single leopard of Aquitaine, as Henry II, the first Angevin king, had acquired the duchy of Acquitaine by marriage before inheriting the throne of England. Other heraldic authorities have claimed that at an early stage in the development of heraldry the number of Norman lions was not fixed and that it is simply a matter of design as to why England has ended up with three heraldic lions and Normandy with two.

Cheers for the Stephen.

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Long at these mongs..

Bet there "Eng-land till they die" though

Where's our new lad? 2nd halfer then

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:38 PM
safingtons

Quote:
ffs, vela starts ahead of our new singing hes hardly had a sniff at arsenal
Hes played 2 friendlies last week, Chicharito isnt the only one rested tonight, theyve got Holland on Wednesday.

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

So have i.
You've got an international manager who in no way competes with United. He's got the guy who may well end our European Cup run next season. He's done it to solely to piss people off.

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Sloane

Quote:
off the top of my head, Following the Norman conquest of England after 1066, the arms of the House of Normandy were used in England, two golden lions on a red field. The succession of King Henry II of the House of Plantagenet in 1158 saw the first known arms of an English monarch used, a golden lion on a red field.[2]

When King Richard I ("The Lionheart") came to the throne he first adopted his personal arms of two lions rampant on a red field, however by the end of his life he had adopted a shield with three lions passant, on a red field.[1][2] The origin of the third lion is unclear.[3] According to one tradition, the extra lion was added to two existing Norman lions to represent the combined Anglo-Norman realm. According to another tradition the two leopards were combined with the single leopard of Aquitaine, as Henry II, the first Angevin king, had acquired the duchy of Acquitaine by marriage before inheriting the throne of England. Other heraldic authorities have claimed that at an early stage in the development of heraldry the number of Norman lions was not fixed and that it is simply a matter of design as to why England has ended up with three heraldic lions and Normandy with two.
so basically they are scandinavian lions?

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
got 9 out of 11, not bad
6 out of 10 for me.

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Switching Off

Oh its £#%&!ing Drury. He tries to make everything sound like the most important thing ever, the @#%&!

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Rossi the Red

Watch Carrick and Milner, let's see who gives the ball away the most.

Unread 24-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Most players will on that turnip field of a pitch.

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:00 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Off the top of your head but still with the wikipedia source numbers in it?

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Off the top of your head but still with the wikipedia source numbers in it?

i numerate everything clever i type[[SIZE="1"]citation needed] just helps me refer to various points later on.[1]

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Sloane

£#%&!ing hell tufty has been at wembley and put t shirts out

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
1-0 to carrick

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
£#%&!ing hell tufty has been at wembley and put t shirts out
Reckon they've done it on purpose so that when the corporates leave their seats empty it looks like a st george's cross.

Quote:
1-0 to carrick
What was he doing

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

What was he doing
being shit. speaking of shit, walcotts needs to learn to cross ffs

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
i numerate everything clever i type[[SIZE="1"]citation needed] just helps me refer to various points later on.[1]
brilliant.

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Switching Off

Carrick again

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Liu Jian

England playing shite for a change .

Carrick's made two howlers already.

Unread 24-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Switching Off