Originally Posted by Ben
Ben likes this
poke

Unread 12-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Adz

Default Re: Don't renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Because without the money they would be gone. Renewing means you are supporting them in staying at OT as they would deffo be gone without it. Anyone renewing is just undermining the efforts to remove the Glazers. There's only one way to get rid of the cancer in the club and that's to starve it of cash.

In fairness, you already know this, you're just trying to justify renewing. You can't.
Have you ever owned a season ticket, out of interest?

Unread 12-05-2010, 07:47 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
I'm undecided about renewing yet.

I'm 100% against the glazers, and have been from the start, but why does renewing make me a @#%&!?
It wouldn't be forever Mockba. 1season max, probably not even that as if they see nobody has renewed in the summer, it would be sold.

You are rubbish on call of duty and fifa.

Unread 12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It wouldn't be forever Mockba. 1season max, probably not even that as if they see nobody has renewed in the summer, it would be sold.

You are rubbish on call of duty and fifa.
Yeah, and whats the plan when the new owners come in? A list that has previous ST holders on to give them first option on getting them back?

The ones who did that in 2005 pretty much accept that that list has pretty much gone west.

Unread 12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Have you ever owned a season ticket, out of interest?
No but I used to go to most games. I've not been since the Glazer's arrived. Whether or not I have had a season ticket is irrelevant to the fact that people giving the Glazers money are encouraging them to stay. Don't try and make this about me, it's about you. I'm doing my bit to get rid of them, you're not. I bet you had the nerve to wear green and gold as well didn't you?

Unread 12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Adz

Quote:
No but I used to go to most games. I've not been since the Glazer's arrived. Whether or not I have had a season ticket is irrelevant to the fact that people giving the Glazers money are encouraging them to stay. Don't try and make this about me, it's about you. I'm doing my bit to get rid of them, you're not. I bet you had the nerve to wear green and gold as well didn't you?
You've never had a season ticket and you're calling people @#%&!s for renewing?

I commend you for ditching your one united membership in 2005.

Nope, never worn green and gold. Not that I'm against it, just not my scene.

In terms of protest / resistance / etc I've been pretty much into all of it including the glazer barracading in the ground, protests, behind the scenes shit.

The only thing I haven't done is ditch what I love doing most, going to watch United.

Unread 12-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
You've never had a season ticket and you're calling people @#%&!s for renewing?

I commend you for ditching your one united membership in 2005.

Nope, never worn green and gold. Not that I'm against it, just not my scene.

In terms of protest / resistance / etc I've been pretty much into all of it including the glazer barracading in the ground, protests, behind the scenes shit.

The only thing I haven't done is ditch what I love doing most, going to watch United.
So you're not prepared to do the one thing that will work. I commend you on your top red status. It's people like you that are the reason they bought us in the first place and they are the reason they will stay.

@#%&!.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Adz

Quote:
So you're not prepared to do the one thing that will work. I commend you on your top red status. It's people like you that are the reason they bought us in the first place and they are the reason they will stay.

@#%&!.
Ha!

People like me are exactly why they bought the club, your right.

It's easy for people who don't attend United games home and away as a way of life to simply say don't renew. They're used to watching games in the boozer / streams. To people who've had season tickets for years its a £#%&!ing hard call to just not renew.

Not renewing virtually means no away games, no european aways or cup finals (bar a lot of £#%&!ing about).

If there was a gurantee in place to get your ST back for those who don't renew then I'd seriously consider it. But there's £#%&! all in place from what I've seen.

It's ok though, you carry on dictating things behind your keyboard.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Ha!

It's easy for people who don't attend United games home and away as a way of life to simply say don't renew. They're used to watching games in the boozer / streams. To people who've had season tickets for years its a £#%&!ing hard call to just not renew.

Not renewing virtually means no away games, no european aways or cup finals (bar a lot of £#%&!ing about).

Just carry on going then. Can't really see why you bothered protesting tbh.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
ScarFace

I do not think you should just Not Renew on your own but as part of a joint venture.

i.e if 20000 people sign and agree not to renew this season, with their names recorded for when the club is sold.

I dont think people will do that untill on the pitch is clearly effected by the owners in a negative way.

But GnG in the ground next season is like torching a #@&%!s house, then going home and £#%&!ing you kids.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Ha!

If there was a gurantee in place to get your ST back for those who don't renew then I'd seriously consider it. But there's £#%&! all in place from what I've seen.

tbf the only real way you can help now is by not rewning
yes im not renewing and i know people who have been going for 40 years and are not renewing
and yes i and others i know have been involved with the protests

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Just carry on going then. Can't really see why you bothered protesting tbh.
FC fan?

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:12 PM
ScarFace

Adz will go where ever the orange juice is cheapest.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Adz will go where ever the orange juice is cheapest.
Too much sugar in that gear, those days are long gone.

Green tea is the way forward.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
FC fan?
no. tried it to fill an afternoon but it wasn't for me. i'm not having a go here i'm just saying either go or don't go. like i said it seems pretty silly to protest over something you've no interest in changing.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
no. tried it to fill an afternoon but it wasn't for me. i'm not having a go here i'm just saying either go or don't go. like i said it seems pretty silly to protest over something you've no interest in changing.
I respect the people who don't renew. One of my best mates ditched his book with loyalty pot status in '05 and fair £#%&!s to him.

What people who don't go regularly realise is that it's £#%&!ing hard to just completely stop like that. Even if you despise the glazers as much as probably a third of ST holders do.

But for people who've never been ST holders and match goers on a weekly basis to judge the people who do renew? £#%&!ing easy.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:36 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
FC fan?
The 2 aren't mutually exclusive you know

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
The 2 aren't mutually exclusive you know
I know, but the people who usually come out with comments like that usually are FC fans.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:39 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
I respect the people who don't renew. One of my best mates ditched his book with loyalty pot status in '05 and fair £#%&!s to him.

What people who don't go regularly realise is that it's £#%&!ing hard to just completely stop like that. Even if you despise the glazers as much as probably a third of ST holders do.

But for people who've never been ST holders and match goers on a weekly basis to judge the people who do renew? £#%&!ing easy.
good point pal its not as easy as it sounds i still kept mine when i moved down to london just gave it to my dad. got rid last season was too much of a pain in the arse. Fact is adz u can actually just get tickets for singles games if u really wanted to go. Just save the money on the season ticket.

Unread 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
I know, but the people who usually come out with comments like that usually are FC fans.
you are aware that FC fans are United fans aren't you? £#%&!ing hell it's 2005 again.
Closed Thread