Unread 26-04-2010, 04:49 PM
plopborsky

Unhappy rafa must stay

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/football/...pts-juve-offer

looks like he is off then gutted.

Liverpool boss accepts Juve offer
tribalfootball.com - April 26, 2010, 11:59 am

Jamie McDonald/Getty Images ©
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has struck personal terms with Juventus, it has been revealed.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Benitez met with his agent Manuel Garcia Quillon at Liverpool's training camp in Madrid last week.

Juventus and Quillon have apparently ironed out a contract worth 4.5m Euros a year.

They also managed to get Benitez to accept to reduce his staff from 12 to six personnel.

However, the conclusion of any deal depends on Liverpool's new President Martin Broughton who is currently trying to find a buyer for the club.

Juve want Benitez to negotiate a release from his contract at Liverpool as they're not interested in paying compensation for the Spaniard.

any ships about ? icebergs?

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: rafa must stay

Nnnnoooooooooooooooo

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:53 PM
wee man

Hope he signs off at Anfield with a win

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
True

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Spiffy

The scousers have invested so much time and energy to make sure the board didn't sack him it will be very hard for them to see him walk away. Especially when Torres announces that he's offski, I reckon Gerrard would go too. Yes it'll be sad to see him go, he's been great for us but seeing the scousers cry and burn the flag with Keith from The Office on will still be great viewing on RAWK.

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:56 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: rafa must stay

Quote:
Emotional.

This'll suit the Verm down t'ground.

Unread 26-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
It would be very fitting for Rafa to finally be involved in the winning of the Premier league and at the same time enable us to go 1 clear in the number of times we've been Champions. They'd love that wouldn't they?

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:02 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It would be very fitting for Rafa to finally be involved in the winning of the Premier league and at the same time enable us to go 1 clear in the number of times we've been Champions. They'd love that wouldn't they?

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Unread 26-04-2010, 08:42 PM
wee man

Quote:
You do realise that if that happens RAWK will claim it is 18 1/2 wins each.

Unread 26-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Grimson

They're a lot more likely to claim half a Premiership title if they lose to Chelsea.

Unread 29-04-2010, 09:20 AM
SilverSurfer

Much as I dislike the guy, his ability to play politics really is superb.

Story in the Times today

Quote:
Rafael Benítez claimed last night that no one at Liverpool has attempted to talk him into remaining at Anfield in spite of mounting interest from Juventus.

But the Liverpool manager is still waiting to meet Martin Broughton, the club’s new chairman, almost a fortnight after he was appointed.

Benítez has refused to rule himself out of the running for the Juventus coaching role and that he has implicitly questioned the determination of his employers to retain his services beyond this season will only add to the uncertainty over his position.

Benítez also revealed his irritation at seeing a steady succession of rival managers linked with his post at Anfield, particularly because Liverpool could end a hugely disappointing campaign on a high if they overcome a 1-0 first-leg deficit against Atlético Madrid tonight to reach next month’s Europa League final in Hamburg.

“No one has spoken to me [about my future],” Benítez said. “For one year I have been listening to stories about Martin O’Neill taking my job or Jürgen Klinsmann, José Mourinho, Frank Rijkaard or Guus Hiddink. I have to keep doing my job. All I can do is focus on the next game.”
look, you managed to wangle a huge influential contract off the back of a decent 12 game run last season. No one needs to talk to you for years, unless they fancy questioning your recent performance.

And here you are playing the "no one wants me" card just as the lap-it-ups play at home on "one-of-those-never-to-be-forgotten-European-nights-at-Anfield".

Looks like he wants to go and is getting the fans onside with his decision so they don't burn the Keith from the Office banner.

Unread 29-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Much as I dislike the guy, his ability to play politics really is superb.

Story in the Times today

look, you managed to wangle a huge influential contract off the back of a decent 12 game run last season. No one needs to talk to you for years, unless they fancy questioning your recent performance.

And here you are playing the "no one wants me" card just as the lap-it-ups play at home on "one-of-those-never-to-be-forgotten-European-nights-at-Anfield".

Looks like he wants to go and is getting the fans onside with his decision so they don't burn the Keith from the Office banner.
That's what I thought when I read it this morning. Liverpool are easier to sell without a manager on a lengthy contract. The chances are that any new owners would want to bring in their own manager. Benitez seems happy enough to go to Juve. I'd be shocked if it didn't happen tbh.

That would mean that Sunday would be his (and probably many others) last match at Anfield. Lets hope they go out with a bang

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Pop

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7113271.ece

Sixteen million? Sixteen £#%&!ing million pounds within 24 hours if the useless fat £#%&!ing @#%&! is sacked.

And still those deluded scouse @#%&!s are backing him to the hilt.

Jesus H Corbett!

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7113271.ece

Sixteen million? Sixteen £#%&!ing million pounds within 24 hours if the useless fat £#%&!ing @#%&! is sacked.

And still those deluded scouse @#%&!s are backing him to the hilt.

Jesus H Corbett!
£#%&!ing hell, that's some agent he's got to negotiate that contract

Unread 30-04-2010, 11:10 PM
carlosartorial

He's been on his way since before Christmas. Thick @#%&!s.

Unread 02-06-2010, 07:34 PM
plopborsky

Just got a text off a mate in LDN who is having a beer with a mirror reporter Rafa is being sacked tomorrow according to him

Unread 02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Just got a text off a mate in LDN who is having a beer with a mirror reporter Rafa is being sacked tomorrow according to him
where's LDN?

Unread 02-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
where's LDN?
Ladybarn.

Unread 02-06-2010, 07:56 PM
plopborsky

Quote: